How many of you think we'll win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years?

How many of you think we'll win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Be completely open. No agenda, no homerism, no racism, no pessimism - just a straight up football evaluation.

• Yes
    • No

I don't know so I was curious. Please try and keep this a honest evaluation. Keep all of your biases (blatant homerism or discontent) out of the poll. This is important because it'll give me an idea on what my fellow fans are thinking as it'll form a basis of what we all should expect from the team, not just this year but also in the direction they'll be headed in the next future years. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it is we're a good team right now. Not great. But we're not Cleveland or Jacksonville low. We improved a lot last year from the year prior and so far, post free agency, we've improved yet again on paper. If you're improving then success will follow. If we continue the trend upward then we can absolutely go to the super bowl in the next three years

It all hinges on the development of our young guys on defense.

If Beasley adds another pass rush move, and  Hageman has the light go off  and he is consistent then those 2 can  utterly dominate most offensive lines.

Go back and watch the final Panthers game....... those 2 were **** near unstoppable,,... others player well but  Hageman in the middle and Beasley on the outside was a combo that he panthers had no real answer for.

If those 2 can find that more often than not then we have a legit shot.

With those 2 upfront, Trufant in the back and if we add a sideline to sideline  type linebacker  it could be special.

Just now, Spenda$$$ said:

Could happen next year or never....There are so many variables, it's crazy.  sched, players, luck, coaching, basically it's a crap shoot every year. I have seen teams with way less talent on paper than what the Falcons had in 2012 and won the SB. I think the lions and Falcons are just cursed...destiny to never win a SB, but that's crazy right?????

Sorry next year is unrealistic. They'll have their hands full just trying to split the division let alone winning the SB.

Just now, Spenda$$$ said:

maybe, we will see soon.  point being even slightly above avg teams have won the SB in the past, most recently, the aints were not that good and beat the colts, basically on luck alone, turnovers, and a half time onside kick...realitically how often would that work?

Dont forget about the bounties they used to knock players out the games so they could win, or the bias officials. 

Slightly above average teams dont win Super Bowls. You have to have a top flight unit on your team and a good 2nd unit. Great Offense/ Ok Defense vice versa. We're not going anywhere with a weak defense and a regressing offense. 

I don't know.  Really, I need to watch this season and probably next to form an opinion.  The team has a lot of holes to fill and a lot of proving to do right now.

I'm optimistic, but I can't be Super Bowl optimistic.  The truth is we just don't have the players right now, and we haven't for going on 4 years.

So, I guess, lemme ask it this way. Last 3 Super Bowl champs have been the Denver Broncos, NE Patriots, and Seattle Seahawks. All 3 teams were playing scary football in January and Feb as I recall.

How many of you honestly think we woulda beat those teams in the big dance under the bright lights with the nation watching? 

Idk...I'm honestly curious. It's important to acknowledge the media hype and the distractions of the SB, as the Falcons don't have a great track record in nationally televised games.

It's really really hard to say yes.

Had they acquired a good LB, an OG, and a better (or cheaper WR) to go along with the other FA signings, you'd think we have a good chance at getting a few playmakers in the draft and being far far better than last year.

As it is, it seems like there will be a lot of rookie LBs, and maybe no additional pass rush help.

Had we done all that in FA, I'd say there's a good chance we're a top 12 defense and top 6 offense next year...and that puts you in the playoffs.  From there, who knows?

And there's still a solid chance of that if they solidify LB, interior OL, and a WR develops better than expected, and a DL develops better than expected.  Those are all possible.  And if those happen, it's a playoff team.

From there it only takes a few games of Julio going off (or another receiver) and DL pressure causing turnovers for the other team, and you're in the SuperBowl.

So I'd say I'm not counting on it, but if we become a playoff team this year, we have a legitimate chance.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

It's really really hard to say yes.

Had they acquired a good LB, an OG, and a better (or cheaper WR) to go along with the other FA signings, you'd think we have a good chance at getting a few playmakers in the draft and being far far better than last year.

As it is, it seems like there will be a lot of rookie LBs, and maybe no additional pass rush help.

Had we done all that in FA, I'd say there's a good chance we're a top 12 defense and top 6 offense next year...and that puts you in the playoffs.  From there, who knows?

And there's still a solid chance of that if they solidify LB, interior OL, and a WR develops better than expected, and a DL develops better than expected.  Those are all possible.  And if those happen, it's a playoff team.

From there it only takes a few games of Julio going off (or another receiver) and DL pressure causing turnovers for the other team, and you're in the SuperBowl.

So I'd say I'm not counting on it, but if we become a playoff team this year, we have a legitimate chance.

A few games of Julio going off truly doesn't guarantee ish because he doesn't frequently hit the end zone and neither does the offense. So it's gonna take alot more than that from the offense

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

A few games of Julio going off truly doesn't guarantee ish because he doesn't frequently hit the end zone and neither does the offense. So it's gonna take alot more than that from the offense

Right.  I'm saying if they're already a top 6 offense, that got into the postseason then a lot of things are working (like the interior OL and WR coming along).

From there, we're unlikely dominant, so you still need a tweak to take you from being a solid 4 to 5 seed, to winning.  And that's likely to be a really strong WR performance, or really strong Defensive turnover performance.

But you're right.  That alone isn't enough.

I think there are way to many variables to winning a super bowl including skill, injuries, luck, etc that the question is flawed...

Statistically speaking I doubt we win one... But that doesn't mean I don't think we will be a competitive football over the next three years and if a few things fall our way and don't fall the way for our competitors, we could be competing for one!

I mean, the anointed teams rarely win the big game. Look at the Panthers last year. The 16-0 Patriots team. There are a lot more I'm probably too lazy to remember... 

6 hours ago, Spenda$$$ said:

Could happen next year or never....There are so many variables, it's crazy.  sched, players, luck, coaching, basically it's a crap shoot every year. I have seen teams with way less talent on paper than what the Falcons had in 2012 and won the SB. I think the lions and Falcons are just cursed...destiny to never win a SB, but that's crazy right?????

Don't forget the Bengals