Jalen Collins

TrueFalcon316

I had to make this thread cause I keep seeing people disrespect this man after his ROOKIE yr who actually think played good at the end of the year which is the result of Quinn giving him more playing time. Do people realize Cb is one of the hardest position to just come in and have success sherman didn't really get his groove til his 3rd year I seen a lot of potential from Collins and think matter fact KNOW he will be starting next year aside Trufant I just really judge a lot people football knowledge sometimes on here by already calling a player a bust after his first year it's really sad. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He sucked balls this past season. And i actually do think he will end up being a bust. 

But to your point, yes CB is a hard position to transition to from college and its also dumb to say a player will be a bust after their rookie season, but thats how unimpressive he was to me.

I will gladly eat a 5 course meal of crow if he proves me wrong. And i hope he does. It'd be great to have him actually pan out. 

I still believe in Collins but I wasn't ever really impressed at any point last year. I think offseason offers the greatest opportunity to improve. Another offseason to improve will say more about who's the future GOAT and who's a Leaf-tier bust (there is no in between).

15 minutes ago, isproab said:

Let time tell.  Roddy White couldn't catch a cold his first two season and now many think the world has come to an end because we had to move on.  Time will tell if Collins can play.

2 completely different positions. Can't make that comparison. Playing corner, defense in general is very difficult, especially when you weren't that good from the start

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 completely different positions. Can't make that comparison 

Yes two different positions, each one has its own learning curve & both are relatively steep. We'll see if Collins improves his play during training camp, preseason, etc. He's a Falcon & I am rooting for him just like every other player in Red & Black, but no one is going to make any excuses for him & we are all expecting to see him improve his play over his rookie year. He has the tools. We are waiting to see if he can learn & execute Quinn's Def & raise his football IQ.

12 minutes ago, dozer said:

Yes two different positions, each one has its own learning curve & both are relatively steep. We'll see if Collins improves his play during training camp, preseason, etc. He's a Falcon & I am rooting for him just like every other player in Red & Black, but no one is going to make any excuses for him & we are all expecting to see him improve his play over his rookie year. He has the tools. We are waiting to see if he can learn & execute Quinn's Def & raise his football IQ.

He has the tools and it's fully on him to succeed. Also falls on Quinn and company to put him in position to succeed. Everyone knows he was a project when he was picked except these people that keep screaming bust here and bust there 

For Collins and me it's a simple Aptitude vs Achievement... We all agree the kid has the raw skill set to be great, it'll be his work ethic and desire which will allow him to achieve it... If he has a quarter of the drive a guy like Freeman has, I think his future should be bright... But only time will reveal if the achievements match the aptitude...

38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 completely different positions. Can't make that comparison. Playing corner, defense in general is very difficult, especially when you weren't that good from the start

So what exactly is your point? Are you suggesting player development only applies to WR? His point was a player came into the NFL and struggled his first two years before becoming beloved by the entire fanbase.

Your response makes no sense in the context of the point he was making. Whether it's CB or WR, it can take you a little time to develop your skills. Do you agree or are you saying only WR takes time to develop and not CB?

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So what exactly is your point? Are you suggesting player development only applies to WR? His point was a player came into the NFL and struggled his first two years before becoming beloved by the entire fanbase.

Your response makes no sense in the context of the point he was making. Whether it's CB or WR, it can take you a little time to develop your skills. Do you agree or are you saying only WR takes time to develop and not CB?

Why am I not surprised that you would say my comment makes no sense lol. It's pretty clear what my point is. If you aren't good from the start, your learning curve will be more difficult. The thread is about Collins so it should be obvious that my comment is more focused towards him. 

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't care that the positions are different.  The sentiment is what I'm talking about.  People that think they know after 1 year, CAN be wrong.  Give it time, stop trying to judge the guy after 1 year.

Just now, isproab said:

I don't care that the positions are different.  The sentiment is what I'm talking about.  People that think they know after 1 year, CAN be wrong.  Give it time, stop trying to judge the guy after 1 year.

Direct that comment towards someone who has called him a bust cause I certainly haven't came close to saying it

How many teams have TWO stud CBs??? Most are lucky to have one....and we have a stud in TRU...Alford is a solid #2 CB....

Yes, I would like to see Collins get better and good enough to play physical and with good technique on the outside...it didn't happen last year...but our defense was not "bad" because of Collins...

We still need to address the pass rush...If we get to the QB on a more consistent basis, you guys are going to be talking about "how good X player is" because he was right on a guy...Of course he was, there wasn't enough time for separation...

I like Collins and his size...if he can be a solid #2CB for us and allow Alford to be a "sticky" nickel CB...we are set on that front for awhile...

We do NEED a SS though...

I like Killebrew, Joseph, and Davis....

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why am I not surprised that you would say my comment makes no sense lol. It's pretty clear what my point is. If you aren't good from the start, your learning curve will be more difficult. The thread is about Collins so it should be obvious that my comment is more focused towards him. 

The point was player development and Roddy was used an an example of player development. You responded by saying WR and CB are different positions. Your response was nonsensical in respect to the context in which he used Roddys development. 

16 minutes ago, isproab said:

Of course, it doesn't matter one bit of we are talking about a WR or CB, the point was a player can look bad his first year yet still be an outstanding NFL player after his rookie or even second seasons.

it was an excellent point

I remember when he was getting some playing time last year and his haters didn't even notice he was on the field. But honestly he had some good moments and some awful moments. The good thing about it was that when he looked bad it looked like a mental thing instead of a physical thing like he would just lose a receiver or not play the ball correctly. We have two well respected defensive back coaches on the roster that hopefully can fix these mistakes, and if they can I think he will be one **** of a player.

19 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The point was player development and Roddy was used an an example of player development. You responded by saying WR and CB are different positions. Your response was nonsensical in respect to the context in which he used Roddys development. 

LMAO like I said, I'm not surprised at all

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

How many teams have TWO stud CBs??? Most are lucky to have one....and we have a stud in TRU...Alford is a solid #2 CB....

Yes, I would like to see Collins get better and good enough to play physical and with good technique on the outside...it didn't happen last year...but our defense was not "bad" because of Collins...

We still need to address the pass rush...If we get to the QB on a more consistent basis, you guys are going to be talking about "how good X player is" because he was right on a guy...Of course he was, there wasn't enough time for separation...

I like Collins and his size...if he can be a solid #2CB for us and allow Alford to be a "sticky" nickel CB...we are set on that front for awhile...

We do NEED a SS though...

I like Killebrew, Joseph, and Davis....

Our defense was "bad" because of Collins, they benched him too late to make the playoffs, unfortunately. He alone cost us at least one game maybe two. 

This is the first time in several years where 1 or 2 players (Person, Collins) cost the whole team so many games. The last time I can recall this happening was with Elam in 2006, I believe it was.

I'm certainly glad I'm not being accused of anything in front of the TATF 'Jury' as I know I'd be 'guilty' without a shred of evidence.  Give Collins another year or two before choosing to call him guilty as a 'bust'.  After all, he only just finished his rookie season.  There were some things he showed that have some upside to them and yeah, he did get burned a few times too.  At least he's not "Crisp" Owens! 

Archived