Trade Matt Ryan to Denver before Elways gets his QB!

iDash

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think we can all agree that old threads like these where guys look smart, foolish, right, or wrong, at the end of the day, doesn't REALLY matter. We all want the same thing: a championship. We all post irrationally from excitement and frustration. At the end of the day, just win the chip. 

Also, digging for threads that are almost a year old is silly. Things change all the time. 

Naah, proposing a trade for Ryan was incredibly stupid when this thread was written, if you don't want a stupid thread bumped, don't write a stupid thread.  Bump one of my stupid threads, I'll just laugh.

6 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

I'm truly jealous here. I kinda wish I didn't have a life and had the time for  the parasitic drive to peruse these threads ad nauseam, searching for some flaw or thought that I could expose. It would have to give me such glee to show up so many here. Also it would maybe create an atmosphere where nothing gets debated because gosh dang it might offend. Sadly most posting are direly seeking likes! Must be an esteem thing.

There's nothing at all preventing you from never coming into the thread to begin with.

And takes about a minute to find a thread if you know how to search,

there's plenty of healthy debate on this board

And, there's been a surprising amount of good discussion on the bumped threads after they've been bumped. Not this one particularly, but in general.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Bobby.Digital said:

I wouldn't even trade Ryan for Miller. No chance. 

Realistically there isn't much I'd trade Ryan for. He's a top 10 QB and top 10 QBs are extremely hard to find.You can't discredit his career because of one down season. Alot of you who want to trade Ryan have been pretty spoiled over the last 8 years. Think about how many teams would be instant superbowl contenders if they had a QB like him. 

I know the Broncos just won the superbowl on the backs of thier defense. But people don't realize how insanely stacked they were. One of the best defenses of all time and it takes a defense like that to lead you to the superbowl with a bad QB. Even with that all time great defense people forget that if not for a Fitzgerald Touissant fumble the Steelers most likely beat Denver at home. Thats without AB and Roethlisberger playing at maybe 50%. Goes to show how hard it is to overcome bad QB play. It's wayyyyy easier to build a contender around Ryan than to trade him and emulate the Broncos. 

Ill end it off with this. We're getting closer to a more balanced team. With improved line play and an improved defense this team should take that next step. Just have to be patient. This upcoming season isnt Superbowl or bust. Our core is relatively young and Ryan should have another 5 years in him...at least.  So just continue to build and I don't see why in 2017 we can't be legit superbowl contenders. 

This guy wins the internet. What a hero

Just now, Charles Wright said:

It's not just about me J. It's like we have to adhere to a clic measure of thought in order to fit in. Free debate is not like that and shouldn't be all that offensive to this board

Serious question

Do you think that I am out of line by saying that I cannot respect those who are perfectly comfortable spending page after page talking about how awful they believe that our team is, but when we're winning can't bring themselves to talk about how well we're doing?

9 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

It's not just about me J. It's like we have to adhere to a clic measure of thought in order to fit in. Free debate is not like that and shouldn't be all that offensive to this board

No man. You can debate all you want. Typically ridicule comes when either:

1. Your argument is just plain bad

2. You repeat the same argument over and over even though that argument was proven to be wrong 

That's why guys like Swift and FFS70 have taken backlash. They ignore when people straight up prove them wrong and spew the same BS over and over almost desperately trying to get people to agree to their agenda 

A good example for you is this thread in particular. You made a post that said "Ryan has one playoff win, let's get rid of him." Statements like that have been proven to be Irrational over and over and yet people would constantly repeat them as if it was a smart point to make

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

No man. You can debate all you want. Typically ridicule comes when either:

1. Your argument is just plain bad

2. You repeat the same arguemnt over and over even though that argument was proven to be wrong 

That's why guys like Swift and FFS70 have taken backlash. They ignore when people straight up prove them wrong and spew the same BS over and over almost desperately trying to get people to agree their agenda 

I probably set some kind of usage record for that moving goalpost gif that I had to keep using to describe Swift's arguments. 

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I can't say anything about people bumping threads. Shame on me.

What I want to know is where have all the "realists" gone? When is the last tike anyone ever even used that term on here? Why do people say I'm just a "realist" when they want to talk about how bad a player sucks or such and such is a bust but when everything is going good I don't see those same people praising the team? 

Because those so called "realists" were pessimists. Scarred Falcons fans who were scared to be optimistic.

I'm one of the original realists...I'm still here and still a realist. We just really have an elite QB, a badass RB, crazy depth, top GM, a QB who can coachemup, and a few other things I realistically doubted...lol

Just now, Charles Wright said:

My post was about you though. I have no doubt whatsoever that you are a through and through Falcons fan. Literally no doubt. 

Where have you been this year when the Falcons were tearing the league up with the best offense in the NFL? 

During the off season you were more than willing to participate in threads discussing Ryan. ****, you even made a few. Where were you when things were going good though? The "realists" are only "realists" when **** is going bad. 

I swear I'm not trying to rip you here I'm just telling the truth. I'm just being a "realist". ;)

Give me your call though Charles.  What do you have happening Sunday? 

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Naah, proposing a trade for Ryan was incredibly stupid when this thread was written, if you don't want a stupid thread bumped, don't write a stupid thread.  Bump one of my stupid threads, I'll just laugh.

There's nothing at all preventing you from never coming into the thread to begin with.

And takes about a minute to find a thread if you know how to search,

there's plenty of healthy debate on this board

And, there's been a surprising amount of good discussion on the bumped threads after they've been bumped. Not this one particularly, but in general.

I agree, it was incredibly stupid. However, if you make a trade Ryan thread with actual good thought out and REALISTIC circumstances behind. I'll discuss it with you, not ridicule you. 

The clear difference between KOG and Swift

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

See...now you're just a homer 

What can be more real? I lost sight a very long time ago. I lulled myself into not thinking football and rather into thinking preference. It was easy with the house of cards being built, year after year of bad drafts. Its still my fault and my fault alone. Yes, I'm passionate. I'm a butthole as a coach and a butthole as a player. So, I would naturally be a butthole poster. Folks who know me off the boards and on FB really know how much of a butthole I really am. Kind of quiet guy, very mean. Thing is, I forgot football as a Falcons fan. So, I made a ton of errors after a few years. Now I am enjoying the game.

Its a lot more fun and not just the winning, but because it really looks like football.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I'm one of the original realists...I'm still here and still a realist. We just really have an elite QB, a badass RB, crazy depth, top GM, a QB who can coachemup, and a few other things I realistically doubted...lol

@Vandy has had some pretty controversial opinions at times but I've always respected them because he'd back them up with facts or at least a well laid out opinion and not lazy *** stats. I've always been the first to say there are some straight up Homers on here too and I enjoy giving them a hard time too. 

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Make that two badass RBs.................:D

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

What can be more real? I lost sight a very long time ago. I lulled myself into not thinking football and rather into thinking preference. It was easy with the house of cards being built, year after year of bad drafts. Its still my fault and my fault alone. Yes, I'm passionate. I'm a butthole as a coach and a butthole as a player. So, I would naturally be a butthole poster. Folks who know me off the boards and on FB really know how much of a butthole I really am. Kind of quiet guy, very mean. Thing is, I forgot football as a Falcons fan. So, I made a ton of errors after a few years. Now I am enjoying the game.

Its a lot more fun and not just the winning, but because it really looks like football.

:tiphat:

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I expounded upon this "realist" label a few times. What separates good posters from bad is their ability to be pragmatic and rational. If you aren't able to remain both of these then you a person becomes biased. You're one of a few posters that I've seen be able to pull this off. 

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

My post was about you though. I have no doubt whatsoever that you are a through and through Falcons fan. Literally no doubt. 

Where have you been this year when the Falcons were tearing the league up with the best offense in the NFL? 

During the off season you were more than willing to participate in threads discussing Ryan. ****, you even made a few. Where were you when things were going good though? The "realists" are only "realists" when **** is going bad. 

I swear I'm not trying to rip you here I'm just telling the truth. I'm just being a "realist". ;)

Give me your call though Charles.  What do you have happening Sunday? 

I'm not a big poster. I have no idea of the count. I do follow these pages religously, just wish there didn't have to be so much fierce bantering an opinion! I rejoice in the teams success, I really do. I'm pessimistic to a large degree after deflated hopes for 50 years. I see a progressive growth in this team this year like none I remember. Ryan has really grown, his confidence just frikin glows right now. So I'm very glad to see that. Our D is coming into it's own as well. I like our chances to win it all. So rah

1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

I'm not a big poster. I have no idea of the count. I do follow these pages religously, just wish there didn't have to be so much fierce bantering an opinion! I rejoice in the teams success, I really do. I'm pessimistic to a large degree after deflated hopes for 50 years. I see a progressive growth in this team this year like none I remember. Ryan has really grown, his confidence just frikin glows right now. So I'm very glad to see that. Our D is coming into it's own as well. I like our chances to win it all. So rah

Sunday Charles....Call it. GB or Atl?

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I expounded upon this "realist" label a few times. What separates good posters from bad is their ability to be pragmatic and rational. If you aren't able to remain both of these then you a person becomes biased. You're one of a few posters that I've seen be able to pull this off. 

I never thought of it that way man.

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

This is actually a really good way to look at it. I always try to stay rational. I never get too high on wins or too low on losses. I try to provide a voice of reason when people lose it after a loss. And I simply just click the "like" button on the homer posts after a win to let the guys enjoy the win. I've felt this team was a legitimate super bowl contender since the Rams win. 

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I never thought of it that way man.

I didn't either until this year. I saw the terms "realist", "pessimist", and "optimist" being thrown around way too much without any from of rational or pragmatic thoughts behind it. None were more prevelant than the "realist" term. It became a rebuttal to points rather than an actual stance one takes.