Jump to content

Trade Matt Ryan to Denver before Elways gets his QB!


iDash
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think they're sort of stuck. They have limited cap space and are trying to fill the most expensive spot on a roster by acquiring a veteran of some sort. That's a tough nut to crack. I think they thought they'd be able to keep Osweiler for "reasonable" money. But they underestimated how much he'd get on the open market and how salty he was after being benched. And they probably should have had some sort of contingency plan because they had to know they werent bringing Peyton back. So what do they do now? Try to pull off a trade that would be tough to get under the cap AND would cost them a pick while they negotiate from a position of no leverage? Pay Fitzpatrick all the money he's looking for? 

Sometimes you get caught flat-footed. It happens to everyone....unless you're Belichick. 

Elway totally screwed the pooch with handling his QB and RB situations. He should have realized how pissed Brock was at being benched and then to turn around and who an entire month without talking to him about new contract sealed the deal. Brock would have probably even taken less to leave Denver. The fact that he got so much was just icing on the cake.

Malik Jackson had some pretty telling remarks when he said they could have kept all 3 (Himself, Brock, Trevathan) had they started negotiations sooner. That all 3 of them were willing to take less to stay in Denver.

I still can't believe he decided to match the Dolphins offer for Anderson who's your average run of the mil RB. Now he's greatly overpaying for him when had he just placed a 2nd round tender on him they wouldn't have that problem.

Folks here love to slobber all over Elway's nuts but definitely need to get a clue that he's not this genius he's made out to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Look, the guy has done a good job. He built a team capable of competing for a strong four year run and got a SB out of it. But casual fans tend to miss the fact that even the best of those guys can only do so much. Schneider/Carroll were wizards in 2013. But since then, their drafts have been underwhelming, they've made two huge draft pick trades that havent really paid off, their OL is in shambles, etc. They're still a good team but its not like they're running a FO clinic. 

We're seeing it in Baltimore too. The Ravens have underwhelming skill position talent, have an OL thats taking on water, a secondary thats been a tire fire for the last few years and issues at various spots in the F7. Will they come out of it? Absolutely. But theres only so much Ozzie and DeCosta can do. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Exactly. Look, the guy has done a good job. He built a team capable of competing for a strong four year run and got a SB out of it. But casual fans tend to miss the fact that even the best of those guys can only do so much. Schneider/Carroll were wizards in 2013. But since then, their drafts have been underwhelming, they've made two huge draft pick trades that havent really paid off, their OL is in shambles, etc. They're still a good team but its not like they're running a FO clinic. 

We're seeing it in Baltimore too. The Ravens have underwhelming skill position talent, have an OL thats taking on water, a secondary thats been a tire fire for the last few years and issues at various spots in the F7. Will they come out of it? Absolutely. But theres only so much Ozzie and DeCosta can do. 

 

Exactly. Nobody is perfect. Even Belichick doesn't hit a homerun on every move he makes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go again . falcon fans worst trait. Can't look beyond what they are used too.  You guys telling me there are no other qbs in the world that could get you 1 play off win in 8 years?  

Matt Ryan is the prototypical look of a qb you would think of. Problem is, he is Peyton manning with out the wins. Joe flacco , super bowl ring. Colin kaepernick, super bowl appearance and multiple playoff wins.  Cam Newton same thing.  Even Russell Wilson , super bowl ring.  Notice that none of these men with all these successes are not named matt ryan. And yet people still want to think Matt Ryan is better than these men but he has accomplished 25 percent of What these guys already have

Edited by R_The_Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

Here we go again . falcon fans worst trait. Can't look beyond what they are used too.  You guys telling me there are no other qbs in the world that could get you 1 play off win in 8 years?  

Matt Ryan is the prototypical look of a qb you would think of. Problem is, he is Peyton manning with out the wins. Joe flacco , super bowl ring. Colin kaepernick, super bowl appearance and multiple playoff wins.  Cam Newton same thing.  Even Russell Wilson , super bowl ring.  Notice that none of these men with all these successes are not named matt ryan. And yet people still want to think Matt Ryan is better than these men but he has accomplished 25 percent of What these guys already have

James Stone tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
On 3/15/2016 at 1:04 AM, iDash said:

First off, I like MR,

  • I think he is great.

Herschel>>> Matt Ryan to Denver for a Mega Deal in players and draft picks! 

Try to get a couple of good Defensive Players from their Defense

plus Clady (Max OL)- Denver contract talks on going...

it would be like a swap of 1st picks, plus!

Another Denver Ring should also give us a big bonus!

Elways has the balls to do it!

The cap levels being maxed for both means Denver would have to give us a lot to equal!

Roll with Schaub for a Million, he can hand it to Freeman!

Then, Draft Lynch!

gettyimages-490329668_master.jpg

I think its time for you to eat some crow.How would you like it cooked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking for my comment but then I realized I don't participate in stupid threads like this. You will never find a post to bring up of mine prematurely bashing a player. You might however find several of me defending the likes of Toilolo and Collins though. Maybe some others that I misjudged. I'd rather be positive and wrong than look like some of the asshats in this thread. 

Kudos to the posters that stuck with Ice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I was looking for my comment but then I realized I don't participate in stupid threads like this. You will never find a post to bring up of mine prematurely bashing a player. You might however find several of me defending the likes of Toilolo and Collins though. Maybe some others that I misjudged. I'd rather be positive and wrong than look like some of the asshats in this thread. 

Kudos to the posters that stuck with Ice. 

I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread but I'd be surprised if I didn't comment on here saying how ******* stupid some of our fans are.

 

We should pin this thread and make these clowns famous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This thread is as logical and rational as one of our gameday threads....lol.  Gameday threads are pure gold

Hey, this thread was a (ir)rational, calm, thought out thread during the offseason FAIL.

Gameday threads are per emotion based on what is going on in the game at the moment. <_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2016 at 3:40 AM, R_The_Great said:

Here we go again . falcon fans worst trait. Can't look beyond what they are used too.  You guys telling me there are no other qbs in the world that could get you 1 play off win in 8 years?  

Matt Ryan is the prototypical look of a qb you would think of. Problem is, he is Peyton manning with out the wins. Joe flacco , super bowl ring. Colin kaepernick, super bowl appearance and multiple playoff wins.  Cam Newton same thing.  Even Russell Wilson , super bowl ring.  Notice that none of these men with all these successes are not named matt ryan. And yet people still want to think Matt Ryan is better than these men but he has accomplished 25 percent of What these guys already have

Work of art 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, King Jigsaw said:

That awkward moment when you see @Knight of God liking the OP and wonder why he's considered the most respected poster on the boards. The same guy that hated Devonta Freeman (and has since owned up to being wrong, +respect) was going around liking posts about trading Matt Ryan so we could get... Paxton Lynch?

 

Image result for why you meme

Not sure why either.

Not sure why the thread was bumped its not like you geniuses have been perfect either King Jizzoff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I am very old so sometimes I don't know when people are joking, sometimes I don't know when they are serious and sometimes I just don't know if people are still smoking crack.

Do people still smoke crack?

Or maybe people who did smoke crack are just brain damaged for life?

Oh and sometimes I just forget to check the dates of posts - maybe I should have smoked crack.

Edited by FalconFanForLife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...