Trade Matt Ryan to Denver before Elways gets his QB!

iDash

2 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Von Miller.  Period.

I wouldn't even trade Ryan for Miller. No chance. 

Realistically there isn't much I'd trade Ryan for. He's a top 10 QB and top 10 QBs are extremely hard to find.You can't discredit his career because of one down season. Alot of you who want to trade Ryan have been pretty spoiled over the last 8 years. Think about how many teams would be instant superbowl contenders if they had a QB like him. 

I know the Broncos just won the superbowl on the backs of thier defense. But people don't realize how insanely stacked they were. One of the best defenses of all time and it takes a defense like that to lead you to the superbowl with a bad QB. Even with that all time great defense people forget that if not for a Fitzgerald Touissant fumble the Steelers most likely beat Denver at home. Thats without AB and Roethlisberger playing at maybe 50%. Goes to show how hard it is to overcome bad QB play. It's wayyyyy easier to build a contender around Ryan than to trade him and emulate the Broncos. 

Ill end it off with this. We're getting closer to a more balanced team. With improved line play and an improved defense this team should take that next step. Just have to be patient. This upcoming season isnt Superbowl or bust. Our core is relatively young and Ryan should have another 5 years in him...at least.  So just continue to build and I don't see why in 2017 we can't be legit superbowl contenders. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that threads like this get made because this is actually a scenario where the term "never" can legitimately be said. The Falcons are NEVER going to trade or cut Matt Ryan. Ever. Like him, love him, or hate him he is the Falcons QB until one of these 2 things happens:

1. He retires

2. He suffers a career ending injury.

For the posters who don't like Ryan, you might as well deal with it. Some of  the posters on this board are good at doing that. Others not so much

Edited by JD dirtybird21

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It's funny that threads like this get made because this is actually a scenario where the term "never" can legitimately be said. The Falcons are NEVER going to trade or cut Matt Ryan. Ever. Like him, love him, or hate him he is the Falcons QB until one of these 2 things happens:

1. He retires

2. He suffers a career ending injury.

For the posters who don't like Ryan, you might as well deal with it. Some of  the posters on this board are good at doing that. Others not so much

Your right honestly. It's not like Mack just got signed and highly paid as a  free agent center by the Falcons to protect a new to the team backup QB or a rookie quarterback. 

That's why I was saying RG3 y'all was given me so much crap but almost everyone in here was saying yeah play schaub he a bum I'm telling you give RG3 a line an weapons which we have he'll be straight and we use Matt Ryan to get defense pieces 

7 minutes ago, trey10 said:

That's why I was saying RG3 y'all was given me so much crap but almost everyone in here was saying yeah play schaub he a bum I'm telling you give RG3 a line an weapons which we have he'll be straight and we use Matt Ryan to get defense pieces 

**** no. RG3 was good exactly one season.  After NFL Defenses had a season to study him, he is average at best. He also sulks and pouts a good bit.  Pass on that guy.  As I said on page 1, I think I'd rather roll with the franchise leader in every passing category.

Besides, if Ryan is so bad, why would anyone trade anything for him?

1 hour ago, trey10 said:

Drugs are bad

what do u think they would give us for matt Ryan? A couple draft pics? So what lol this would just be a stupid trade all around, for one they ain't gonna give us the house for Ryan and 2 we don't have anything better than Ryan at QB. Schaub ain't what he used to be so we would have to waste one of those pics on a QB. Unless we aquire Von Miller in this trade then its not a good trade.

On 3/15/2016 at 3:59 AM, youngbloodz said:

I mean it's like Madden has just poison you boys minds. And some of you get mad when others call you out on your terrible ideas

The problem is you can't even pull off these kind of trades in Madden. The only way to make trades in Madden is if you get ripped a new out without lube. I absolute hate trying to trade on Madden because there's no such thing as a fair trade on that game.

On 3/15/2016 at 5:51 PM, cnasty said:

Never thought I would see a day where falconidae would even partially agree with a concept once proposed by the infamous swift. 

meh, always said I'd trade anybody if it made sense, swift et.al trade proposals were always nonsense.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

meh, always said I'd trade anybody if it made sense, swift et.al trade proposals were always nonsense.

And this one does? On what planet would the Broncos make this trade? Giving up multiple starters for a QB when his approach to QB under Gary Kubiak seems to be any ole bum can be successful in Kubiak's system?

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And this one does? On what planet would the Broncos make this trade? Giving up multiple starters for a QB when his approach to QB under Gary Kubiak seems to be any ole bum can be successful in Kubiak's system?

Meh I don't know that the FO thinks that any old bum can be successful in Kubiak's system. There isn't really anything to suggest thats how they feel. 

I think they misplayed their hand this year and now they're stuck with a "what are we gonna do" situation. But I dont know that being in that situation is worse than being in the "omg we're giving Brock Osweiler $18m a year" situation. 

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And I said the same thing about this one. No problem with the idea, but nobody is giving up enough to make it worth trading Ryan.

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Meh I don't know that the FO thinks that any old bum can be successful in Kubiak's system. There isn't really anything to suggest thats how they feel. 

I think they misplayed their hand this year and now they're stuck with a "what are we gonna do" situation. But I dont know that being in that situation is worse than being in the "omg we're giving Brock Osweiler $18m a year" situation. 

That is what all the insiders are saying which is why they didn't pay to keep Brock and won't pay to get Fitzpatrick. But they did badly misplay their hand with C.J. Anderson.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That is what all the insiders are saying which is why they didn't pay to keep Brock and won't pay to get Fitzpatrick. But they did badly misplay their hand with C.J. Anderson.

I think they're sort of stuck. They have limited cap space and are trying to fill the most expensive spot on a roster by acquiring a veteran of some sort. That's a tough nut to crack. I think they thought they'd be able to keep Osweiler for "reasonable" money. But they underestimated how much he'd get on the open market and how salty he was after being benched. And they probably should have had some sort of contingency plan because they had to know they werent bringing Peyton back. So what do they do now? Try to pull off a trade that would be tough to get under the cap AND would cost them a pick while they negotiate from a position of no leverage? Pay Fitzpatrick all the money he's looking for? 

Sometimes you get caught flat-footed. It happens to everyone....unless you're Belichick.