Trade Matt Ryan to Denver before Elways gets his QB!

iDash

28 minutes ago, kevykev21 said:

How in the world does Ryan suck? If he sucks then we need a new term for what we were saying sucks is.

Now that the two extremes are represented....back to your regularly scheduled debate consisting of the remaining 98%.

I don't think sucks is a stretch. Beast is something Ryan simply is not...it's an attitude. He uses an expletive once and now he's a beast...hmmm...I think Ryan is a good QB but I won't pretend he is a beast.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don't think sucks is a stretch. Beast is something Ryan simply is not...it's an attitude. He uses an expletive once and now he's a beast...hmmm...I think Ryan is a good QB but I won't pretend he is a beast.

Beast always strikes me as something like "physically imposing a wow-ish" So I guess Cam would be a beast. Kaep would have beast potential. Is Rodgers a beast? I think he's like a ******* wizard but is that a beast?

Ryan's a good+ starter. Tough kid but hes not gonna bowl someone over and plant a foot on their chest. 

31 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Wow, and to think I always thought you were fairly level headed. 

I agree completely about the beast part.  Although some people do use that term to say someone played well "he beasted out there" etc.

But to say "I don't think sucks is a stretch"???  LMMFAO....if that's the case, then there's only what, 10 QB's on the entire planet where sucks ISN'T a stretch? Those are some high standards Clarence!  Is it the same for ALL positions....so basically 2/3rds of all NFL players suck?  

On 3/15/2016 at 2:38 PM, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Smh. Okay, let's say we do trade Ryan? Heck, throw Schaub in there too. Do you really want to sit through the exact same thing as last year with a new qb trying to learn Shanny's system? Take away part of the reason Mack came here and have a rookie qb probably not near as smart as Matt will be at reading defenses? Ask Cleveland how not having a good qb works out for them.

Schaub already knows Shanny's system and Schaub even had one of his best years when Shanny was his OC.

Matt has a problem with Shanny's offense again,

this year,

Shanny will pull him for Schaub, bet it!

Need to Strike the deal, Now,

before Ryan looks bad again we get a lot less, or possiblity nothing at all.

We really need a whole new team, our team blows,

to go with JJ and Freeman in the future.

We need to get as many players as possible in the Deal!~

Also, Lynch fits Shanny System like a glove!

PS-We could get rid of Shanny,

Hire June Jones(who coaching High School ball)

Run a No Huddle (Run and shoot) with MR calling the plays at the line,

but the Run Game of Shanny would be greatly missed

plus it was my Favorite part from last years team other than Julio!

7 hours ago, falconidae said:

Not opposed to trading Ryan, but there's just no way any team is going to give up enough to make it worth your while. Cap hit hit would be hard to take too.

Also want to see him in the second year of the offense with an improved Oline.

Now, the Saints might make a trade like that, got a 30 mil cap hit on Brees,He's 37, they may feel the best thing to dois take the cap hit, get some picks, start over.

Never thought I would see a day where falconidae would even partially agree with a concept once proposed by the infamous swift. 

Trade Matt Ryan? Seriously? His "terrible year" was 4500 yards and 21 TDs. He's missed 2 games in his career and hasn't missed one in 6 years. He's played the bulk of his career with one of the bottom 3 or 4 O-lines in the league. The Falcs haven't had even an average defense for a decade or more and when your D is terrible you'd better have an O-line that can control the clock and keep the opposing offense off the field. The "great talent surrounding him" is ONE receiver who has missed basically half of his career games. He's the first QB to even scrape out back to back winning seasons in the nearly 50 year history of the franchise. 

Yea, he made some bonehead throws last year.That's what happens when you're learning a new offense from a bad OC. Did you see Tom Brady against Denver? Ryan faces that kind of pressure every game. Every single game. Matt Cassel went 11-5 behind the Pat's line. How's he looked since then? 

With all that being said: trade Matt Ryan and get who? Draft another QB? Over 50% of first round "can't miss" QBs are busts. I really expect the offense to look better next year, even with our clueless OC. Having even a mediocre center would be a huge improvement over having a 2nd string guard, who can't perform the most rudimentary task of snapping the ball, playing the position.

QB Is the one position we don't have to worry about. Even Dimitroff hasn't been able to screw that up. At least, not yet. 

3 hours ago, iDash said:

Schaub already knows Shanny's system and Schaub even had one of his best years when Shanny was his OC.

this year,

but the Run Game of Shanny would be greatly missed plus it was my Favorite part from last years team other than Julio!

Personally, I wouldn't put anything that stupid past Shanahan. I don't think Matt Ryan will ever be bad enough to get pulled out of the game for Matt Schaub.

3 hours ago, iDash said:

this year,

but the Run Game of Shanny would be greatly missed plus it was my Favorite part from last years team other than Julio!

Wake the **** up. 

Honestly I wanted to make a thread bout this but I just waited till someone else said somethin.....Imo if it wasn't for the cap hit I definitely would trade MR but to the Browns for their 1st, 2nd, and danny Shelton. Maybe even throw in a 7th to them as well. Sign RGIII. Pretty sure his best year was under shanahan and he's healthy...lol at least for now. With the #2 pick we select Jalen Ramsey. With #17 we pick Darron lee. Then with pick #33 I believe it will be this year...we go Cody whitehair G from Kansas state or we could look at SS Von Bell. And then with our 2nd rd pick we should pick up jaylon smith just cuz we addressed needs already and even if he comes back 85 to 90% of what he was that's stil better than what we got.

2 minutes ago, trey10 said:

Honestly I wanted to make a thread bout this but I just waited till someone else said somethin.....Imo if it wasn't for the cap hit I definitely would trade MR but to the Browns for their 1st, 2nd, and danny Shelton. Maybe even throw in a 7th to them as well. Sign RGIII. Pretty sure his best year was under shanahan and he's healthy...lol at least for now. With the #2 pick we select Jalen Ramsey. With #17 we pick Darron lee. Then with pick #33 I believe it will be this year...we go Cody whitehair G from Kansas state or we could look at SS Von Bell. And then with our 2nd rd pick we should pick up jaylon smith just cuz we addressed needs already and even if he comes back 85 to 90% of what he was that's stil better than what we got.

Thank god your not GM. 

33 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

Everybody just walked right by KOG. If you don't have a good D you will never win anything of importance Every playoff team has a good offense.

I agree whole-heartedly. The defense played well enough to at least get us to the playoffs last year though. The offense screwed us over and sent the season down the John. The defense is still not world beaters or anything, but both sides are in need of extreme improvement and for someone to say trade Ryan for a few draft picks and some money I don't agree with. I honestly think he could go to a different team and thrive. We'd be left here saying "Man, this sucks watching Ryan be awesome and we don't have a qb now."

14 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Realistically, what would it take for you to pull the trigger? Draft picks? Two 1sts+? A 1st and a 2nd? 

Keep in mind: Alex Smith was traded 2-3 years ago for two seconds. Sam Bradford was traded for a second (basically). Cutler was 2 firsts, a third and Kyle Orton. 

What do you think would be adequate compensation? 

Von Miller.  Period.

5 hours ago, trey10 said:

5 hours ago, trey10 said:

You do know RG3 and Shannahan don't belong in same sentence, let alone on same team.  

7 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

What happened to the 100 post limit before you could post dumb threads?

Unfortunately, it seems the board reboot did away with the 100 post rule, which many actually wanted increased. Now we're seeing new posters and previously banned posters making threads after hardly posting at all. <_<