Kobe said some ish that makes so much sense about fans

ya_boi_j

17 minutes ago, krammmit said:

I can see merit in this. I just believe if someone is on a message board they are passionate about football. Which then would lead to them pursuing a career. I can only speak for myself but I know I would. 

You do realize you can have more than one passion in life right? That there's different degrees of passions as well right?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree 100%. And i say go for it on 4th down all day. If I was a GM the first person i would cut is my punter lol

Heck yeah!! I even made a thread about this a few months ago and caught a lot of flack for it too. Basically I said, if I'm across the 50 I'm always going to go for it if it's too far for a FG.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Heck yeah!! I even made a thread about this a few months ago and caught a lot of flack for it too. Basically I said, if I'm across the 50 I'm always going to go for it if it's too far for a FG.

I remember that thread. I think situations would dictate it. Like if i'm up by 3 and across my 50 in the 4th i might punt depending on my defense. If they are tired i would go for it if it's 4th and less than 5

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I remember that thread. I think situations would dictate it. Like if i'm up by 3 and across my 50 in the 4th i might punt depending on my defense. If they are tired i would go for it if it's 4th and less than 5

You definitely have to take that into account. Here's a situation were 99.9% of the time the coaches punt but I would go for it. 4th and 2 at the opponents 40 with 2:40 left in the game up by 3. I would go for it regardless of the defense I have. Why? Because I would have faith enough in my offense to pick up that first down and at worse, milk another minute to minute and half off the clock depending on timeouts the opponent has. Who knows, I might go for it and make it and then not only get that 1st down but then get another 1st down to seal the win without ever having to punt at all. Then I don't have to worry about losing the game on a fluke play. But that's just me. The "book" says you punt it and try to pen them deep and hope your defense gets a stop.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You definitely have to take that into account. Here's a situation were 99.9% of the time the coaches punt but I would go for it. 4th and 2 at the opponents 40 with 2:40 left in the game up by 3. I would go for it regardless of the defense I have. Why? Because I would have faith enough in my offense to pick up that first down and at worse, milk another minute to minute and half off the clock depending on timeouts the opponent has. Who knows, I might go for it and make it and then not only get that 1st down but then get another 1st down to seal the win without ever having to punt at all. Then I don't have to worry about losing the game on a fluke play. But that's just me. The "book" says you punt it and try to pen them deep and hope your defense gets a stop.

Oh heck yeah Im going for that all day man. My offense wouldnt even need to look over in that situation

5 hours ago, Leggggggo said:

Your logic is flawed...

Sure you can tell when the kid at Applebee's over cooks your steak... But he's still a professional...

But I bet you can't tell the difference of why a level three sommelier would pair a Tuscan Valley Red with a Filet that is cooked Pittsburgh True Black and Blue instead of a Napa Valley wine of the same kind which is better paired with a mid-rare NY Strip...

Sure, after the meal you'll exclaim "Man, that wine perfectly complimented that steak" but had you been left on your own you likely would have ordered a Bud Light, thus making the meal "eh, it was a good steak"...

That's the level of difference we are talking... It's not just the steak... it's the starches that make up the base, the crumblings that make up the topping, the acids in sauce that high light everything else... and finally, that last wash of wine that ties it all down and leaves an impeccable after taste from each bite...

Oh yea, and you only have $20 to put the whole dish and wine out on the table while 31 other cooks are trying to buy the exact same piece of steak you are....

Where can I get a steak like that in Atlanta for under $250.00 for the wife and I now days? (Have not lived there in 12 years now and will be visiting in a couple weeks, sorry for hijack).

12 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Where can I get a steak like that in Atlanta for under $250.00 for the wife and I now days? (Have not lived there in 12 years now and will be visiting in a couple weeks, sorry for hijack).

Haha, not worries.... I'm an out of towner also but I go to all of the games for the most part... 

I really enjoy New York Prime near the Ritz... I like it cause I like a true Black and Blue Pittsburgh and they have a 1700 degree Southbend Broiler and only serve barrel cut Filets... Few places cater to that kind of equipment in their kitchen...

I stay at the Intercontinental in Buckhead and there is apparently a newer one that has opened up towards the end of last year I haven't tried that my bartenders at the IC swear is the best no questions asked... I'll PM you when they text me back with the name... Apparently best steak in the city... I'll be trying it in the fall when I come down...

Sadly, you're looking at $250 with a bottle or few glasses of wine and a side or two (most places do family style so typically one is more than enough) at any place that is going to be worth their salt... I think my father and I got away at $280 w/o tip with mid bottom range bottle, a few jack and gingers, and a side of cheese mashed potatoes (a must have if you venture there)...

Edited by Leggggggo

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Too many rich cats in here for me. I'll stick with my managers special from Wal-Mart :(

haha, if I'm cooking, my favorite is cutting up a hanger steak into skinny lengths and putting them to a light medium... Cheapest steak you can buy, second best flavor in my opinion!

2 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

haha, if I'm cooking, my favorite is cutting up a hanger steak into skinny lengths and putting them to a light medium... Cheapest steak you can buy, second best flavor in my opinion!

I always buy the 5 or 6 pack boxes for around 10 bucks. Wifey doesn't eat steak so those little steaks are just right for me. Love the rib eye. I use the longhorn seasoning

23 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

Haha, not worries.... I'm an out of towner also but I go to all of the games for the most part... 

I really enjoy New York Prime near the Ritz... I like it cause I like a true Black and Blue Pittsburgh and they have a 1700 degree Southbend Broiler and only serve barrel cut Filets... Few places cater to that kind of equipment in their kitchen...

I stay at the Intercontinental in Buckhead and there is apparently a newer one that has opened up towards the end of last year I haven't tried that my bartenders at the IC swear is the best no questions asked... I'll PM you when they text me back with the name... Apparently best steak in the city... I'll be trying it in the fall when I come down...

Sadly, you're looking at $250 with a bottle or few glasses of wine and a side or two (most places do family style so typically one is more than enough) at any place that is going to be worth their salt... I think my father and I got away at $280 w/o tip with mid bottom range bottle, a few jack and gingers, and a side of cheese mashed potatoes (a must have if you venture there)...

Perfect, just what I was looking for, and please PM the name of the other place if you find it.  

Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I always buy the 5 or 6 pack boxes for around 10 bucks. Wifey doesn't eat steak so those little steaks are just right for me. Love the rib eye. I use the longhorn seasoning

If you don't mind prepping (skin / fat removal) I'd dare you to hit up a local butcher and see if they have any hanger available as they get it raw... not a lot of people buy it so they may drop you some for dirt cheap that isn't prepped...

15 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

If you don't mind prepping (skin / fat removal) I'd dare you to hit up a local butcher and see if they have any hanger available as they get it raw... not a lot of people buy it so they may drop you some for dirt cheap that isn't prepped...

Cool. I think we only have one so I'll try to slide by before the end of the week

Just now, Leggggggo said:

So what kind of waffle is that in your avatar, Mr.Fancy pants?