Jump to content

This Front Office Sucks


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

See this post here?

 

It appears as though our good fellow Falcon fan 567 is just venting a little bit guys.  No harm in that.  

 

@567: I supported TD for a good while until last off season when I figured that he should've been kicked to the curb with Smith.  The thing is,  now that he wasn't,  there's really no reason to fire him now.  Last years draft was the best we've had overall in a long time.  I'm excited to see those players develop myself.  Beasly has a huge upside to become a great rusher.  I think between Jarrett and Hageman we've got some decent interior d line play to look forward to over the next few years as well.  As you've mentioned, the linebackers are a problem.  No way around that.  That said though,  even with that deficiency last year,  our defense DID actually improve in a few categories. Shoot even if u disagree with that,  you can't argue that the fact that a few games last year where sealed by our defense actually making a final stand.  That's simply something we haven't seen in a while.  

Whatever,  I get your frustration. I think the entire fan base does whether they realize or acknowledge it or not.  We're all getting through this crap together my fellow fans. Lady luck is over due to shine upon us with her benevolence! :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

It appears as though our good fellow Falcon fan 567 is just venting a little bit guys.  No harm in that.  

 

@567: I supported TD for a good while until last off season when I figured that he should've been kicked to the curb with Smith.  The thing is,  now that he wasn't,  there's really no reason to fire him now.  Last years draft was the best we've had overall in a long time.  I'm excited to see those players develop myself.  Beasly has a huge upside to become a great rusher.  I think between Jarrett and Hageman we've got some decent interior d line play to look forward to over the next few years as well.  As you've mentioned, the linebackers are a problem.  No way around that.  That said though,  even with that deficiency last year,  our defense DID actually improve in a few categories. Shoot even if u disagree with that,  you can't argue that the fact that a few games last year where sealed by our defense actually making a final stand.  That's simply something we haven't seen in a while.  

Whatever,  I get your frustration. I think the entire fan base does whether they realize or acknowledge it or not.  We're all getting through this crap together my fellow fans. Lady luck is over due to shine upon us with her benevolence! :/

Right. But that last loss to the Saints left a bitter taste in my mouth. 9-7 with 3 straight wins to end the season would have felt a lot better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, takeitdown said:

I guess I don't understand what is a large number of assumptions.

Our defense needed help last year, and it either is due to lack of coverage for long enough (need LB help since the middle of the field was open) or lack of pressure (need pass rushers.)  That's fairly clear.  We didn't go out and get several new pass rushers, so that makes you figure the FO must believe it's more of a LB/S problem.  Then we didn't get any of those.

The larger point is, for several years now, including last year...the FO goes into the new season "assuming" the draft will go a certain way and "assuming" their players will develop at a certain rate.  It has been the biggest single failing (along with poor OL picks.)  If you could provide insurance, and depth, to your team, for the price fo 2 4 mil guys, wouldn't you?

We failed to do this on OL for several years when it was very clear that the only thing that could hold back the offense was a weak interior OL.

So, I'm generally for paying 4 mil (instead of 2 which is what a drafted guy costs anyway) to provide coverage, and give you more options in the draft.  There are only a very small number of ways that can hurt you, whereas there are very predictable ways not doing it can hurt you.

 

TLDR:  If you try to fill your holes relying on the draft to fall exactly perfectly, you set yourself up for almost certain failure (and reaching)...much as if you give yourself exactly one hour to get to a meeting with friends that is 1 hour away.  If you leave 10 minutes early (in this case, covering a couple of holes in FA) then at the most you may waste 10 minutes, but you've radically reduced your chances of having an actual problem.

Without knowing the full strategy there's simply no way to answer the questions you have.  The draft doesn't have to fall a certain way, btw, there's a ton of talent at LB in this draft.  For all we know, we may go Darren Lee in the 1st and then come back and get Beckwith in the 2nd.  All of the sudden, LB wouldn't be an issue.

What I do see is that we got better at several spots that needed it.  The other thing is that we don't know that we didn't try to get some of these LB's.  Just way too many unknowns to flip out over it and condemn the front office as 567 did.  Just to early for all that.  Let's see the whole team come together and take a look then.  There's still other players available (Zach Brown comes to mind), there's the draft and there's vet free agency.  It's a long way to September...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ZoneOne01 said:

All I'm going to say is that If Dimitroff was with any other organization, he'd be gone by now.

All im gonna say is, if you all knew half the stuff that i know about Dimitroff, you would be marching the streets. You would demand him be fired or the dome would be empty. Sadly, im supposed to keep my mouth shut because it would also expose the source. Just know he is a real prick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

All im gonna say is, if you all knew half the stuff that i know about Dimitroff, you would be marching the streets. You would demand him be fired or the dome would be empty. Sadly, im supposed to keep my mouth shut because it would also expose the source. Just know he is a real prick.

Good to hear nice guys finish last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get it, you get demoralized, those ups and down swings aren't easy, they get old. I'm barely going on 20 as a fan, I'm old but still new to the game... Some of these guys been around, they bleed reed n black just like we do, they just been around longer. My bro is a die hard raider fan, has been for the longest. These last 14 years have been hard(as a fan), I've seen the changes, this optimistic mofo I used to talk football with has turned into the most negative mofo imaginable... There's a lot of young Falcon fans out there, and if your true fans I hope you don't have to go through what the old school's been through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

All im gonna say is, if you all knew half the stuff that i know about Dimitroff, you would be marching the streets. You would demand him be fired or the dome would be empty. Sadly, im supposed to keep my mouth shut because it would also expose the source. Just know he is a real prick.

It's good to have someone on here so close to the team. Please keep us posted on any continuing developments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

LMAO that you are serious when you say that there are people who could do a better job than guys in the NFL. Wasn't KOG the guy who said Freeman wouldn't ever amount to anything

He doesn't know what he's talking about. I swear he's got Tourette's Syndrome the way he blurts out crap at random. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah. Great move. Much appreciated. But defense whens championships.

Not without a functional offense... And don't give me Trent Dilfer either. That offense had a big time O line and running game. But I'll give you one example. The 1977 Falcons. NFL record for fewest points allowed in a season, and they went 7-7. 

I think a better phrase would be "Building a team in the trenches wins championships."

Edited by ATL58FAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to remember who all the Board Favorite Free Agents were last year that we didn't get... and how those teams did... Suh to Miami?  Justin Houston staying in KC, but I don't recall them being in the Super Bowl...

 

Who was the top overpaid pass rusher last year, and how did his team do, anyone remember?  Top Wanted LB last year, and how did his team do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

I'm trying to remember who all the Board Favorite Free Agents were last year that we didn't get... and how those teams did... Suh to Miami?  Justin Houston staying in KC, but I don't recall them being in the Super Bowl...

 

Who was the top overpaid pass rusher last year, and how did his team do, anyone remember?  Top Wanted LB last year, and how did his team do?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000474533/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-for-2015

Here ya go. Almost all of the top 20 were on bad teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

I'm trying to remember who all the Board Favorite Free Agents were last year that we didn't get... and how those teams did... Suh to Miami?  Justin Houston staying in KC, but I don't recall them being in the Super Bowl...

 

Who was the top overpaid pass rusher last year, and how did his team do, anyone remember?  Top Wanted LB last year, and how did his team do?

How'd the Falcons do in 2015? Sitting at home like usually. The Chiefs actually won a playoff game last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...