LOL @ the Sanu signing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love everything we've done in free agency ... EXCEPT the Sanu signing.   I still want to see the contract before being too angry about it, but we way overpaid for a guy's unproven potential.   I really hope his contract is heavily back-loaded.  

With $14 million in guarantees over 5 years, that works out to under $3 million a year in guaranteed money.  If he, for instance has a 10-12 million dollar base salary in year 5, that will bring his actual cap hit in the earlier years way down.   I guess we'll just have to wait and see for details.

7 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I love everything we've done in free agency ... EXCEPT the Sanu signing.   I still want to see the contract before being too angry about it, but we way overpaid for a guy's unproven potential.   I really hope his contract is heavily back-loaded.  

With $14 million in guarantees over 5 years, that works out to under $3 million a year in guaranteed money.  If he, for instance has a 10-12 million dollar base salary in year 5, that will bring his actual cap hit in the earlier years way down.   I guess we'll just have to wait and see for details.

Details are out.

7 mill signing bonus (1.4 pro rated per year)

Y1 Cap - $2.4m
Y2-4 Cap - $7.4m
Y5 Cap - $7.9m

Can cut him after Year 2 and pick up $3.2m in cap space leaving $4.2m in dead money (or 1.4/2.8 over 2018/2019 if a June 1st cut)

It's a little steeper than it should be but its nowhere near as bad as people say it is. 

3 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Im not saying that Sanu is a BAD Wr. But the money we are paying him is ridiculous. And all of the major sports analysts have graded this move as a big fat F

If he plays into Y4, its a bad deal. If he is gone after Y2 its a good deal. If he's gone after Y3, its fine. 

7 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

If he plays into Y4, its a bad deal. If he is gone after Y2 its a good deal. If he's gone after Y3, its fine. 

I have to disagree. The cap keeps going up so the amout for players contracts will too. If he is very productive then it could be a good contract. The contract he signed gives the team a couple of years to see if he is worth keeping. I dont mind the contract.

24 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Im not saying that Sanu is a BAD Wr. But the money we are paying him is ridiculous. And all of the major sports analysts have graded this move as a big fat F

Bro the same analysts that said clowney was better than Mack? The same analyst that said milliner was better than trufant. same analyst that said Greg Robinson was better than Jake. Hmm...all I see if a bunch of paycheck opinions 

23 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's making almost the same amount of money each year. There's no good or bad amount of time for him to play. 

If he plays two years he will have made $14 million, or $7 million per season. 

If he plays three years he will have made $20 million, or $6.67 million per season. 

If he plays four years he will have made $26 million, or $6.5 million per season. 

If he plays all five he will have made $32.5 million, or $6.5 million per season. 

46 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

So we spent all that money for an ex #5 (read FIVE on the progression chart) from the Bengals. Wow... dumber than the Leonard Hankerson experiment, We have better Wrs already on the Practice Squad than this guy.

You are no Jedi warrior. The signing doesn't appeal to you? Who cares. The coaches and people in the know depend on Solid contributors and their jobs are on the line to get it right. What have you put on the line to get it right? Not a darn thing. You guys criticizing these moves don't know a thing about the real process nor the coaches mindset. Their lively hood depends on getting it right and your post, thread is LOL trying to get a chuckle from the pissd off brigade. Go be a saints fan. 

P.S. When, if Sanu does well, you won't show your head.

33 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Details are out.

7 mill signing bonus (1.4 pro rated per year)

Y1 Cap - $2.4m
Y2-4 Cap - $7.4m
Y5 Cap - $7.9m

Can cut him after Year 2 and pick up $3.2m in cap space leaving $4.2m in dead money (or 1.4/2.8 over 2018/2019 if a June 1st cut)

It's a little steeper than it should be but its nowhere near as bad as people say it is. 

Great, thank you.  I hadn't seen that before.   Definitely steeper than I would like but it is good to know we can dump him after 2 years if he doesn't work out.   Doesn't sound like it is as bad as expected.

29 minutes ago, Falcon918 said:

I have to disagree. The cap keeps going up so the amout for players contracts will too. If he is very productive then it could be a good contract. The contract he signed gives the team a couple of years to see if he is worth keeping. I dont mind the contract.

If he plays 4 years it means he earned his place on the team and is living up to his contract. As you mention the cap will keep going up and the price for #2-3WR's will keep going up so no way it's a bad deal if he plays the total of his contract.