Falcons Agree to terms with WR Sanu

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Maybe because Sanu can't actually catch the **** football. If he could this would be a great deal. It is blowing my freaking mind that folks are just ignoring that the one year he was asked to start he dropped 15 passes in just 74 chances. Why should I praise this guy as being good just because he's big and fast?

I'm with you.  His drop rate in 2014 really scares me.

I'm just afraid this is Leonard Hankerson all over again.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

When he actually does catch the ball. 15 drops in 74 chances in 2014. Goodnight!!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-incomplete-pass-breakdown-receivers

This has him dropping 8 in 98. Which was 3rd worst....right behind Julian Edelman. 
He appears to have had a number of passes dropped/defensed (broken up). But that doesnt seem to be a fatal flaw given that very good players like Michael Floyd, John Brown, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones are all in the Top 15. 

Sanu had 71 rushing bards and 2 rushing TDs last year, interesting. 

Sanu had only 33 reception for 394 yards and no touchdowns in 2015, down sharply from 56 catches for 790 yards and five touchdowns in 2014. (Sanu also had 71 yards rushing and two touchdowns in 2015.) He’s looking for a larger role, something that will be difficult to get with receiver A.J. Green and tight end Tyler Eifert on the roster.

“I think about that all the time,” Sanu told Marvez on SiriusXM NFL Radio regarding Sanu’s opportunities. “When you’ve got so much talent on one team, it’s hard to get the ball. It definitely crossed my mind going elsewhere. We’ve just got to see how everything unfolds.”

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

And to the people talking about drops. Roddy lead the league in drops more than once.

Roddy's drop rate never led the league.  He had years where he led the league in drops, or was near the top, but those were years where he was seeing 150+ targets.  It's all about drop percentage on the whole.

The key here with Sanu is that he dropped like 10-12% of all passes thrown his way.  That is HORRIBLE.  It's Leonard Hankerson-esque.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Exactly. Benjamin would be worthless in the running game. Sanu is there to move the chains, keep the threat of a trick play on the field and to block. He's not getting 100 targets.

That's right I'm still miffed how dummies on this forum still think he's getting 6-7 a year lol when in all essence he's getting 4-4.5 lol IDIOTS I swear looking at the 5 year 32.5 #er like that's what the Falcons are paying.

Seriously some of our so called fans need the F$$KING bullet.lol..

8 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Why are you always trying so hard to criticize everything??

Good lord it's annoying

Please explain how I criticize everything. If you're gonna say something then be prepared to back it up. I have praised every signing the Falcons have made this year but I do not praise one and all of a sudden all I do is criticize everything?

Just now, Ben Day Hoe said:

An 80% catch rate is bad?

Looking at it wrong...that's a 20% DROP rate. 

Anyway, I'm not hating on the signing. Fact is, we needed a receiver. Sanu is big and physical. Anyone crying over Benjamin or Jones is forgetting one thing....they weren't available. They signed elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I can't believe I'm getting roasted because I don't like the Sanu signing. The guy can't catch the **** football consistently.

I'm certainly not roasting you. I dont think anyone has to love this move. I'm lukewarm on it myself. But its not like this kid has zero ability. He can do some things at a level that we didnt really have on the roster last year. 

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don't know why people are bitching about the money because it gets worse.

If you look at Shanahan's history with the exception of 2 or 3 years the #1 WR will get 75-80% of the passes.  The next is either the TE or RB and the it's the next WR.

So Sanu could end up being the #4 option in the passing game.

People always way overstate how many targets the #1 gets.  Last year, Ryan threw 614 passes, Julio got 204 targets.  More like 30%, not 75-80%

Just now, Syndicate0017 said:

Looking at it wrong...that's a 20% DROP rate. 

Anyway, I'm not hating on the signing. Fact is, we needed a receiver. Sanu is big and physical. Anyone crying over Benjamin or Jones is forgetting one thing....they weren't available. They signed elsewhere. 

This is true.  For who was available, I liked Jermaine Kearse a lot more.  But the options were very thin.

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'm certainly not roasting you. I dont think anyone has to love this move. I'm lukewarm on it myself. But its not like this kid has zero ability. He can do some things at a level that we didnt really have on the roster last year. 

How is he any different than Leonard Hankerson? I've seen this movie before and I don't like it. I don't care that he can be used for trick plays and such.