Real question for this team

Silvoxx

Please be honest. Let your homer self stand back. Do you think this team is a contender this upcoming season? I do not, but that's not a bad thing. We are rebuilding and we need to be patient. We are not winning a super bowl this year. Bank it. We will get better through FA. Please remember that when all these guys are flying off the board. Teams rarely go from losing record to super bowl in one year. It sucks but we really need to be patient and let the process work.

Flame Away! :)

Edited by Silvoxx

Yes I think so ... On paper our OL should be solidified with the addition of Mack. The center position alone cost us 3-4 games. 8+3= 11 wins which would have landed us in the PO. The defense was good for the most part despite a lack of pass rush which has plagued us for years & a offense that was **** bent on putting them in fuvked up situations. Even it should be much improved on paper in the pass rush department, with the addition of Shelby, resigning of Clayborn, growth of Jarrett, Hageman & Beasley. 

My only concerns now are how our run D will hold up without Solali, LB, Nickel & improving our guard play. Which all 3 could be addressed significantly through the draft of FA. 

It seems like the stars are aligning or that maybe the homerism. Either way I'm enjoying the offseason. 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

I definitely think we are a contender...we were in all of the games but the first Carolina game..and I'm just hoping next year that we can get the red zone turnovers taken care of..if we would've done that this year, we would've been in the playoffs..I think we have a little ways to go but there's no reason that we can't make the playoffs...and if you make the playoffs, you never know what can happen!

We were in every game except the first Panther game AND the first Saints game. That one was closer but they were still up by 2 scores most of the game.

Quite frankly I'd be astounded if we missed the playoffs. We're playing a tougher schedule this year but this team is already significantly improved with a pro bowl center vs one who snaps the ball into his rear or into the dirt. That or is horrible about calling out assignments.

Edited by FenixFalcon

Tough schedule this year but worse teams than ours make the playoffs every year. Pass rush and linebacker are the major holes (and they ARE major). If we can address one of them in FA (LB should be easier) then it will help other areas of the D and we can go BPA on D (or WR/TE) in the draft. 

I'm actually tired of being patient.  It seems like its the same story every year... with the exception of Smith's first 5, be patient, let the coach get their guys...etc... People dont want to invest money watching the games and buying merchandise thinking 2016 will be a wash and 2017 we are getting there, but 2018 is the year.

I just don't see us filling all of the holes we have this year. I would rather see us sign one more starting guard, if there are any, and our line would be pretty good. That way we have at least one spot set. Then sign the guys who aren't going to break the bank like Laurinaitis and let them compete. If nothing else Laurinaitis will make Worrilow better by pushing him. Then we need to draft Lee or Floyd to lock down one of the OLB spots. I would prefer Floyd, but at least we have a SLB on the roster, we don't have anything on the weakside. ****, even throwing a one year vet minimum deal at Spoon wouldn't be the worst idea while drafting a rookie. 

4 hours ago, Silvoxx said:

Please be honest. Let your homer self stand back. Do you think this team is a contender this upcoming season? I do not, but that's not a bad thing. We are rebuilding and we need to be patient. We are not winning a super bowl this year. Bank it. We will get better through FA. Please remember that when all these guys are flying off the board. Teams rarely go from losing record to super bowl in one year. It sucks but we really need to be patient and let the process work.

Flame Away! :)

Panthers went from 7-8-1 to 15-1 & NFC Champs

It happens more than you think.  I always look at it as SB or bust for my Birds every year.

In my mind it will take us this year and next year we will be real contenders but you have to think if we add good players through FA, which we are doing, and we hit it off in the draft this with our rookies from this previous season getting better, it would not shock me if we were one of those teams to get hot late in the year and make a strong push. Win a SB? Depends on how hot we get.

I feel like we are on a good track right now in FA, just need to keep it up through the draft.

5 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

its pro sports anything can happen but you just got to sit back and say wtf right now, also signing a center does not make our offensive line solid.

It absolutely makes it solid if Mack is everything we expect. We saw how bad it hurt to lose Todd, because we had an average line the year we went to the NFC Champ game and he made it a lot better.