Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Navin

Vic Beasley Public Speaking Engagement in NW Georgia

17 posts in this topic

Vic Beasley will be speaking at a wild game dinner on Sunday, April 9.  Dinner is at 5:30 and Beasley will be speaking at 7:00.  This event is hosted by Adairsville First United Methodist Church.  Due to the size of the facility needed, it will actually be held at Adairsville High School where Vic graduated.  Tickets can be purchased at the link below.  They are $20 for adults and $10 for children.  There will be a drawing at the end of the event for some door prizes.  

If anyone is interested, I will be glad to answer any questions.  I also have a pdf of a flyer that the church posted that has more details about the event.  It's too big to attach to the post.  Maybe I can email it if nothing else.  

http://afumc.ticketleap.com/wildgame/

I should point out that Vic was asked to speak about his relationship with Christ, and not the Falcons.  It is a chance to see a different side of him.  

Draftnut57 likes this

There will also be two other guest speakers there.  All I know is that they are two women.  One of them was driving drunk and killed the other woman's son.  They eventually became friends and began speaking.  It sounds like a very interesting testimony.  It will also be  a good message for young drivers.  

I know some of the wild game suppers at churches are very men-centric.  This one is a good event for the whole family.  

Francis York Morgan likes this

15 hours ago, Navin said:

I should point out that Vic was asked to speak about his relationship with Christ, and not the Falcons.  It is a chance to see a different side of him.  

A real Brother.... Thank you Vic for standing for the Way , the Truth , and the Life.... In the end, that's all that will matter. I live within 20 miles from Adairsville. They've won the state Championship a couple of times in the last 6 years. Even when I was in Highschool ,that was the team we didn't want to play. Class of 75

Navin likes this

4 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Made arrangements to get back by Friday! Just bought my ticket

Great!  Thank you for your support.  Here's a tip for you.  You will want to park behind Adairsville High School.  As you face the building from the behind, the auditorium is the building on the right, next to the parking lot.  That's where the guest will speak.  But the dinner will be in the cafeteria, which is in the middle of the building and on the lower level.  You will walk down the stairs to go eat.  You will see people going in and out of the cafeteria.  

Just now, Navin said:

Great!  Thank you for your support.  Here's a tip for you.  You will want to park behind Adairsville High School.  As you face the building from the behind, the auditorium is the building on the right, next to the parking lot.  That's where the guest will speak.  But the dinner will be in the cafeteria, which is in the middle of the building and on the lower level.  You will walk down the stairs to go eat.  You will see people going in and out of the cafeteria.  

Copy.  Can't wait ! I guess I'll be heading up 140 from Canton to get there. I plan on getting there a bit early.

Navin likes this

On 3/24/2016 at 6:21 PM, Navin said:

THIS I will support. Beasley does seem to be a good and decent guy. I believe that is more important than on-field production. I am happy to see things like this.

Navin likes this

I just realized that the link didn't include the menu.  The wild game that will be served will be: quail, deer, buffalo, and possibly more (working on the details).  Non-wild food will include: chicken, pork bbq, corn on the cob, baked beans, rolls, desert.  

They realize that some people don't like the idea of wild game, so there is plenty of other food to eat.

I think y'all will be surprised at how small the crowd will be.  There will be some door prizes.  They usually do kids door prizes separate to give them better odds.  

Godzilla1985 likes this

11 hours ago, Navin said:

I think y'all will be surprised at how small the crowd will be.  There will be some door prizes.  They usually do kids door prizes separate to give them better odds.  

Can't wait man!

Last call.  I should point out that it won't be only wild game served.  There will be chicken, pork barbecue, and catfish.  

Folks I got back an hour ago from this event. First many thanks to Navin and his lovely wife for hanging out with me. 

We are very blessed to have such a fine human being as Vic Beasley as a Falcon. Such a wonderful young man. I'll post a thread next week with picks about the experience.

Navin and Draftnut57 like this