Roddy White: Shanahan ‘mismanaged’ offense, cost the team wins

Nono

Agree, but what can we do about it other than bit-ch a lot or not go to home games? Arthur has made it known he wants to keep this lil dictator who personally mind f'd with Matt Ryan and brought a scheme in that had nothing to do with his strengths. Shanahan has been a disaster everywhere he has gone. He reminds a lot of Petrino and his overlord way of running a team.

Here is the AJC link http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/roddy-white-shanahan-mismanaged-offense-cost-the-t/nqd64/

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not claim to be the authority on Shanahan. He might be terrible. But he was one of the most sought after offensive cordinators in the league. Period.  

I love Roddy White. I've defended Roddy on this board just this week. I don't like the decision to release him. I understand he's upset. But he's being highly unprofessional right now and he's harming himself. You think other coaches are going to want to bring in a guy knowing he's going to publicly call them out and try to rip them to shreds should they have to let him go? I understand he's emotional by nature (though he claimed to Vaughn McClure that he doesn't make emotional decisions...). But dude needs to chill a little.

We get it Roddy. You're p issed. But try to be a professional about it.

Most sought after OC?!? I about spit my drink out. Not in this league. He has been so highly sought after , that no quality team will touch him! He always ends up at the bottom feeders. Including us! If he was so dang great, one of the better teams would sign him, but he's not. They know it, just like 95% of our fans know it. The shanny lovers are few and weak. Most reasonable people can see the cow turd we are stepping in. Others choose to cover their nose, pretend it's not there, and hope it turns to gold.  It will take a change of heart by kyle and a miracle for this to work out. I feel like This will end up being about huge black eye in our history. Hopefully, im wrong, & kyle has it in him to change. I doubt it.

I will admit, there were moments during last season where I thought Shananigans offense was brilliant! However, that was few and far between and towards the later part of the year I swear Matt started calling his plays on his own.

The only way this science experiment works is if Quinn takes some of the play calling away from him. 

Otherwise, We will be looking for a new coach again after next season because Shenanigans will continue to get upset when someone doesn't like his decision making on sports talk radio. That leads him to pout like a baby as we all know.

Roddy is my boy, but he needs to chill with this. He wants to talk about Shanahan then cool, but he wasn't the one dropping passes, fumbling the ball, throwing picks. There's a lot more to it than just Shanahan.

Anyone watching Roddy knew he was done. As one of my favorite Falcons all time I don't like it but for all the videos and pictures of Roddy being wide open, there's many more of him being the primary and getting absolutely no separation.

3 hours ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I do not claim to be the authority on Shanahan. He might be terrible. But he was one of the most sought after offensive cordinators in the league. Period.  

I love Roddy White. I've defended Roddy on this board just this week. I don't like the decision to release him. I understand he's upset. But he's being highly unprofessional right now and he's harming himself. You think other coaches are going to want to bring in a guy knowing he's going to publicly call them out and try to rip them to shreds should they have to let him go? I understand he's emotional by nature (though he claimed to Vaughn McClure that he doesn't make emotional decisions...). But dude needs to chill a little.

We get it Roddy. You're p issed. But try to be a professional about it.

Sought after by such elite powerhouses like... the CLEVELAND BROWNS! The WASHINGTON REDSKINS! Promoted within from the offensive juggernaut HOUSTON TEXANS!!

He's only sought after at all because his name is Shanahan. This guy is a bum and our worst coordinator in recent memory. The game he forced 4 straight passes to Roddy to start the game just to thumb his nose at fans just shows his character. He benches our career best WR to put his guy Hankerson in there. You can tell Ryan doesn't like this offense from many interviews he did last season.

We should have kept Mike Smith. This team's future is bleak with Quinn and Shanahan in there.

Anybody who actually paid attention to the games could read the subtext. Kyle was trying to impose his will on the opposition but they eventually figured out his scheme.

Everybody could see it except him. Or he saw it and refused to make the effort to change. Whichever was the case, it's not exactly a glowing accolade on Kyle since he refused to mix it up and was continuously frustrated throughout the second half of the season. 

Shanahan is a joke now you're getting behind the scene info from a player playing in his system Roddy keeping it real. I've said all along Cox was just collecting a check and did zilch with our line then acts like a fool at the combine. Now we have a coach who asks a player if he's gay. Oh and moving Morris /smh

Plus player cuts and signings not to mention our 2nd round project when we need impact players and depth the latest Durant and possibly Clayborn. 

This is all happening on Quinn's watch and it's really starting to throw up some red flags.

I get everybody's argument including Roddy's.... but we are evolving from a smash mouth to a finesse offense. We need the proper pieces for it to work. Hence the meltdown of the second half of the season when the playbook was opened further than the first few pages. 

Honestly guys, our offense has been basic for years... We've been able to unload our will on lowly teams with weak defenses but when we faced a team with an actual defense, we struggled terribly. We need to evolve with multiple formations, timing, and creativity!

Sorry but these sour grapes are kind of sad. Roddy was asked to learn the new offense. He didn't pick it up in training camp. During the season he struggled with it and had a hard time getting separation and making plays. Then he complained that he wasn't a part of it. The reason why teams figured out the offense so quickly was because guys like Roddy did not get open and Ryan was forced to throw into situations that led to failure through turnovers.

We were:
1st in 10 play drives
1st in 5 minute drives
2nd in offensive plays per drive
1st in time of possession percentage
2nd in 3rd down efficiency
3rd in first downs per game
7th in offensive plays per game

Yes Ryan threw his share of picks, though less than Peyton Manning who won the super bowl. Our offense was very good at moving the ball but once we got in the red zone, where the field shrinks, because there were less options for us. That is normal. Roddy used to be the go to guy in the red zone, along with Gonzo. He just wasn't that guy this year.

Blame Shanahan if you want but when your boss asks you to do your job and you complain and are lazy about learning, than you kind of deserve to get fired.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Just post one football post. bro. Just one.

We need to replace Roddy through FA, Hardy doesn't have the size to be a #2 outside guy, and if we draft another rookie it will take him a while to learn Shanny's offense like it did with Hardy.  We need to go DE or LB in the first round.  I like Shaq Lawson in the first.  If we're going to make a splash in FA, it should be for Trevathan, he's young and fast. 

There's your football. 

Archived