Charles Johnson released

8 hours ago, isproab said:

I hear you.  I do want a top pass rusher, but there isn't really one on the market.  I wished we would have made a play for Mario when he left Houston.  I wanted Charles Johnson when he became a free agent.  I thought Peppers still had something left when he went to Chicago.

I would hate for our pass rush woes to continue into 2016 and we didn't do everything possible to fix it.  I'm not 100% sure that CJ, Long or Mario would be just like DeMarcus Ware.  I also can't say I'm 100% sure that they will not be.  We need pass rush, make the changes to get more pass rushers.  Bruce Irvin is there too.  He is not a big time sack guy, but he has some versatility that could help.  Make a move in free agency and in the draft.

I'm at the point now where I'd rather see the Falcons swing and miss than try and be cheap again.

I want to know they're trying at least...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I'm at the point now where I'd rather see the Falcons swing and miss than try and be cheap again.

The thing is we have 3 options to address the biggest need of this team. If the one we get doesn't pan out at least we made a concerted effort to fix it.

3 hours ago, hjerry said:

If he wants big money, then he'll go to Jacksonville. They just released Clemons and now have approaching 90 million in cap space. Word is, they're going all in on FA this year, since time is running out for that regime to make a difference and not be fired.

I hadn't watched JAX. I remember Clemons was the Leo in SEA. Not sure if he was in JAX but if he was and that's the role they intend Fowler to play, I guess they'll be okay. 

I could see OAK make a run at Mario. They got money too and Mack and Aldon Smith. 

I like that Clemons knows the system and wouldn't count against us in the compensatory picks. I don't like...everything else. He's looked done for two years now. I just checked and PFF had him at -22.6. He was dead last out of 48 4-3 defensive ends.

12 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I agree, go down swinging.  They have been cheap for years.  When are they actually going to spend the money.  Salaries are only going up so the longer you are going to wait, the more you will eventually pay.

5 minutes ago, Deep2Julio said:

Oh look, a team cut a Veteran Player. Where's the Loyalty? :rolleyes:

I get what you are trying to say, but you picked a piss poor example. Roddy was 11 years with the team he drafted. Clemons was with his second team for about 3 years. BIG difference, but nice try.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I get what you are trying to say, but you picked a piss poor example. Roddy was 11 years with the team he drafted. Clemons was with his second team for about 3 years. BIG difference, but nice try.

Clemons? Charles Johnson was drafted two years after Roddy, by the Carolina Panthers. Referring to the Thread title, not the above discussion

Edited by Deep2Julio