March 2016 UGA Recruiting Thred

ECDawg78

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

The link you listed has him listed as a 2017 recruit.

There is a possibility he could be enrolled for fall if I'm not mistaken. More than likely we take Herrien if he qualifies. We needed a second RB in this class but Kirby didn't want to just throw a scholly out on a guy who may not even contribute.

We have two stud RB prospects that we're lining up for 2017 in the geoup of Akers, Sermon, Carter, McFarland, or Laborn. We are likely looking to take three I think. Bryant may be a take in any case but I'm just not sure how those numbers shake out.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Wow. We had Catalina and Wasson too, and might still get Robertson. It's like every problem with this team just keeps magically fixing themselves lol. Now if only we could find another LB to add.

No magic to this IMO.......this staff is just harder working when it comes to recruiting and doing the little things that can pay off big time for the program moving forward.  They are absolutely bustin' it and getting after it. We haven't seen energy around B-M like this in a long time......

however, Bobo was by no means substandard by any degree

I couldn't agree more that Bobo did progress and had some very productive seasons.  My issue with Bobo was he should never have been given the keys to the Ferrari to begin with.  UGA should be a destination for seasoned OC's at the height of their profession, not personal friends of the coach (Martinez, Bobo) you have got to cut your teeth somewhere, but a top 25 team facing the toughest competition in the nation is not a place to give someone a chance to prove themselves.  This was Richt's achilles heel in my opinion - but part of that was due to budgetary restraints which Smart doesn't appear to be facing.

Very excited to see what UGA does in the next 3 years.

1 hour ago, aPureTerror said:

Who is the 5 star that 247 is talking about?  Saying that Georgia has emerged as the favorite.

Jacoby Stevens

Go to his page and you'll see the link to that article. That's how I figured it out, since I don't subscribe to their VIP.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Nate McBride was on campus today with a pair of LBs from Alabama, Tadarian Moultry and KJ Britt. They were taking in spring practice.

Moultry and Britt are a package deal.

I notice they have Moultry as 67% Bama and 33% Auburn. While Britt is 67% Auburn and 33% Bama haha.

Edited by Yo_Lover

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

I notice they have Moultry as 77% Bama and 33% Auburn. While Britt is 77% Auburn and 33% Bama haha.

I don't have inside info, just going off what Britt has said. He's told reporters that they want to play together. It could always change though... Mack Wilson told everyone he was leaving the state and ended up signing with Bama.

Moultry is the better of the two and Bama wants him. Kirby's gonna stay on them but Bama usually gets who they want instate. Too many folks put pressure on the kid and their family to go to Bama if offered. They seriously view it as a spit in the face if you're an Alabama kid and don't commit to Bama if they offer.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I don't have inside info, just going off what Britt has said. He's told reporters that they want to play together. It could always change though... Mack Wilson told everyone he was leaving the state and ended up signing with Bama.

Moultry is the better of the two and Bama wants him. Kirby's gonna stay on them but Bama usually gets who they want instate. Too many folks put pressure on the kid and their family to go to Bama if offered. They seriously view it as a spit in the face if you're an Alabama kid and don't commit to Bama if they offer.

I wasn't trying to say you're wrong. I know you know your stuff and have a reason for saying what you say. I just found it funny that 247 didn't to listen to what Britt said.

55 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I wasn't trying to say you're wrong. I know you know your stuff and have a reason for saying what you say. I just found it funny that 247 didn't to listen to what Britt said.

Oh I didn't take it that way lol and I wasn't arguing... didn't mean to anyway. I'd listen to 247 before me, honestly :lol: I'm just a parrot.

Interesting development on Nate McBride...

Had a chance to speak to Nate McBride at the conclusion of his trip to Athens, and the five-star linebacker says his high expectations were met.

McBride and his father spent the day meeting with coaches, sitting in positional meetings, and taking in practice. Kirby Smart and company had a simple message: they're ready for him to commit at any time.

Interestingly, McBride said he's feeling as though he'll wait things out to see how the hirings and firings of college football play out.

Georgia is definitely still up there for McBride, per his words, but a new force has emerged for the Bulldogs to deal with. Auburn is making gains in a big way, and the Tigers are now in the mix for McBride, saying they were tied with the Tide and Dawgs.

McBride may be headed to the Plains this weekend, but he's not 100% on those plans just yet.

He said to expect him back in Athens, but he does not have a certain date in mind.

Kirby and company delivered today, but they've got work to do, clearly.

He has grown up a big Dawg fan and Vidalia is Dawg country. I hope he trolls the **** out of Auburn just to get back at Garner for the crap he orchestrated with Derrick Brown.

39 minutes ago, sdogg said:

So nothing new on DRob?

No, not really. Announcement at Savannah Christian some time before graduation is all they have said. He'll have to be enrolled in June to be eligible to play in fall, so that's pretty much it for now.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-lands-Top100-OT-44576529

"I just committed to Georgia," Wray said. "A big part of it is I wanted to be first in my class. They don't have any commits right now. The stars lined up for me. They've got the major I want to major in (sports medicine). They play the offense I want to play and the coaches are great and I feel like I can win a national championship there soon."

tumblr_m3hnpy5zP41r7ifqv.gif

"I want to be the first in the class and be a leader and help recruit others to the class. I wanted to be different."

Who are the first two prospects Wray plans to recruit?

"Trevor Lawrence and Jacoby Stevens," he said

PuW18jf.gif

22 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

My take is no news is good news. The financial aid agreement means we don't have any contact restrictions right?

And he doesn't have any such agreement with ND or Bama.

he signed 3 financial aid agreements with cal, georgia tech, and UGA..  he didn't sign with anyone else.  i will be interesting to see what he does.