These protestors, though...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

the poor haven't been pushed aside....they have been turned into pets. they are exactly where our government (repubs and dems) want them. 

if they make a move to get ahead, they get cut off. they get told that their lives are completely out of their own control and that they are incapable of making decisions for themselves. the government has done almost everything it can to strip them of their dignity and humanity

I think this is the pushback of both the left and right.  This is for both trump and Bernie.  Superpacs should have been the nail in the coffin.

Oh and the tea party coming out of nowhere made no sense to me.  The timing was horrible or on purpose with Obama.

7 hours ago, Serge said:

It's terrible about that racial divide that was created in the 60's, we could have been on a brighter path this whole time if not for that.

Who said created in the 60s? You should really just change your name to Troll 

17 hours ago, Worzone said:

I'm so disappointed in my fellow citizens. This is anti democracy.this is against the fabric of who we are.  I feel like I'm watching my country come apart at the seems and no one cares because they have lined up by party and race and have no interest in discussions unless "I get everything my way and I will not compromise on anything and you will shut up and listen ."  Everyone who disagrees with me is a racist bigot that is hitlers 2nd coming with an agenda to destroy the nation. 

I'm about checked out with this madness because people are starting to get hurt and it's going to get worse. We have the greatest racial divide in our country since the 60s and this worthless president and all these worthless candidates are using it as an election tool rather than trying to heal it. I'm honestly ashamed of us as a nation right now. 

"We have the greatest racial divide since the 60s" because the 60's weren't necessarily when it started; it's just when the history books say **** hit the fan.

26 minutes ago, Serge said:

"We have the greatest racial divide since the 60s" because the 60's weren't necessarily when it started; it's just when the history books say **** hit the fan.

The 60s In terms of race were far worse than the 80s 90s or early 2000. So yes it is worse now than it has been since the 1960s. Go troll somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, Worzone said:

The 60s In terms of race were far worse than the 80s 90s or early 2000. So yes it is worse now than it has been since the 1960s. Go troll somewhere else.

So just to be clear, you think the visibility of the Civil Rights Movement marked a dark time for race relations compared to growing economic disparity and exclusion from opportunities for advancement in our post-industrial economy in the decades that followed? Do you think the growing focus on other areas of inequality meant racial inequality in the years since the declaration of the War on Drugs hasn't been as big an issue or something? You must not talk about this sort of thing with people much irl.

1 hour ago, Worzone said:

This is true, I can tell you that for a fact.  

We were still segregated back then, separate schools, bathrooms, water fountains, restaurants, etc.   Racial tensions were high.  

1 hour ago, Serge said:

So just to be clear, you think the visibility of the Civil Rights Movement marked a dark time for race relations compared to growing economic disparity and exclusion from opportunities for advancement in our post-industrial economy in the decades that followed? Do you think the growing focus on other areas of inequality meant racial inequality in the years since the declaration of the War on Drugs hasn't been as big an issue or something? You must not talk about this sort of thing with people much irl.

In think water hosing people aND sicking dogs on them and the height of the KKK and Jim Crow segregation that says you can't even drink out of a water fountain was worse than anything we saw in 80s 90s or early 2000s. I think racism was in sharp decline while still present In those years.  and now it is being pushed and encouraged and stirred up by the news media. What I think is that racism is being pushed by our media and encouraged by a Government and current presidential candidates for votes and they are playing a dangerous social game that's going to get people hurt or worse and it's sickening to watch.  Yet we have trolls like you who would rather argue about the minute things they think you said rather than what you  actually said because they weren't hugged enough at home.  So great job, enjoy being put back on block. 

Edited by Worzone