Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLBrave

AFMB Fantasy Baseball 2016

78 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Perfect. Thanks sac!

your welcome.. i also created a roster post for him so it has all the guys on the team.  i will do his picks.. he has given me a list of guys. 

So, as I posted in the draft thread, he just made a selection out of turn. It was early by a couple of picks, so what I posed is to do one of two things:

First, we can just let it go since it was only by a couple of selections. Obviously the most expedient of the two, but the least "fair".

Second, we can release Perez, who was the second selection he made back into the pool and make him available to those teams he accidentally drafted ahead of, one by one. If none of them choose to select him, the selections stay the same. If someone does, then their previous selection will go back into the player pool and we will continue until we reach the correct order. I'll have to check and see what the exact order it would be, so I'll do that now.

Looking at it, the only people he selected ahead of were jwickha and Sac himself. Jwickha has already said he will not select him, so unless Sac decides he wants to take him, we can proceed.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Awesome, i was getting worried about the empty team

he is a huge baseball fan.. is checks stuff daily.  one of the biggest fans i know. 

Maybe just simulate with BPA at the position needed for every pick left? I think most are just filling out their bench

Could do something like that. I've got everyone's teams as of now uploaded into the draft app, so I'm just waiting on a handful of players for each team.

As for right now, we are moving to a 30 minute selection time. I'll give Sac a slight reprieve, so his clock doesn't expire until 11:00a. hopefully that will get it moving.

Obviously we aren't done drafting, but I have submitted the current results for those that would like to tinker with their lineups.

At the pace this is going, we should be able to finish today. In fairness to everyone, I will allow all players who are starting today to be placed into lineups to accrue stats for them. Since this is opening day, I can only assume that if a player on your team plays in a game today, that you would start him, so I will insert -ALL- players into the lineup, regardless of stats.

K26dp likes this

great job on the draft.. we did this in a very short time compared to years past.. yeah we are 2 less teams, but even with that it was impressive how everyone was on and got through all those rounds. 

No problem. Sorry for the disorganization on some of this. Know how to handle it next year with the job, so won't be a problem. Can get started a couple of weeks earlier and will hopefully have 10 teams.

K26dp and SacFalcFan like this

nah atlbrave it was awesome.. thanks for setting this up.  i was worried this wasn't going to happen this year.  

15 hours ago, K26dp said:

Grats on the win Cuban Raft Riders!

Thank you sir.  Always a fun competition.  I was very fortunate with some of my picks and FA pickups.  In the 2nd half, I always knew it'd be a good week if the Brave's and Nats were playing each other.  Trea Turner put down a mortgage on the Ted and a down payment on SunTrust.

My plan is to get next year started much earlier, so we don't have to worry about rushing. Anybody have any early suggestions for tweaks next season?

On 10/9/2016 at 11:15 AM, ATLBrave said:

My plan is to get next year started much earlier, so we don't have to worry about rushing. Anybody have any early suggestions for tweaks next season?

Just my usual ones for getting rid of almost all the categories and going to OBP, SLG, Runs Scored, RBI, SB for hitters and ERA, BB/9, SO/9, HR/9, and Innings Pitched for pitchers.