Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLBrave

AFMB Fantasy Baseball 2016

78 posts in this topic

Hello again! It's time to kick off the annual AFMB Fantasy Baseball season! We will keep it similar to last year's set up, with it being on ESPN and the rosters & scoring categories will most likely stay the same. I will be PMing the returners soon to see if we have any spots that need filling. My target date for the draft is in roughly 3 weeks.

ATLBrave

Mookie3127

klp4falcons

Goodoleboy58

K26dp

WTA

SacFalcFan

Monoxide

Cable Guy

Unkn0wn

The positions will be the same, with one minor tweak (one more OF slot and one less Util) as follows:

Positions:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

As for the categories, they will be altered slightly, but I want to first see what ESPN has available before I list them. I can go ahead and say that AVG, OPS, HRs, RBIs, and Rs will stick around with offense, while W's, L's, K's, ERA, WHIP, & SV+Ho will be around for pitching. If anyone has suggestions for other categories, please feel free to share them. I will take any and all into consideration. Realistically, I'd like to get the draft up and running by March 8th or 9th, giving us ample time to finish the draft and get the league entirely set up.

Got about half the league back in. If you know any of the guys not currently in bold, please let them know they have a PM waiting on them.

Going to give the last three until Wednesday at 2:00p to make a decision. If anyone reads this and would like to participate, let me know.

22 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

I an attempt to speed the process up, I may be cutting the teams from 10 to 8. Haven't had any luck finding the replacements.

If we do that, can we cut the player pool to just NL teams?

Plan is to start the draft next Monday at 8:00a, regardless of if its 8 or 10 teams. I'm going to continue to look for replacements, but in an effort to get things rolling, we will proceed regardless. Also going to make these changes to the draft process:

Clock runs from 6:00a-11:59p.

Participants will have 4 hours between each pick, with no exceptions. If you know in advance that you will be absent for a portion of the day, let me know and I will work to get your selection in to keep things rolling. 

Ill be creating the league tomorrow, so keep an eye out for the invite. It'll be ESPN.

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

it should be both AL and NL. jmo

With only 8 teams, the pool of players is so big it would be about as much fun as rolling dice to see who got the bigger numbers, except rolling dice would at least be quick. 

On 3/15/2016 at 10:57 PM, K26dp said:

With only 8 teams, the pool of players is so big it would be about as much fun as rolling dice to see who got the bigger numbers, except rolling dice would at least be quick. 

nah there are plenty of positions that aren't deep and being an nl only league is not the way to go.  We are just down 2 teams.. it's not like we have only 6 in the league.. I have done an nl only league in the past with 8 teams and it stunk and wasn't any fun at all. 

Yes. The order is as follows:

1 - k26

2 - klp  

3 - Mookie

4 - unkn0wn

5 - ATLBrave

6 - Sac

7 - Monoxide

8 - jwickha2

Also, this will apply to later in the draft, but the "Ctrl F" function will allow you to search for a player when you type in the name.  ATL, are you going to add a post with all of the rounds and who was picked when like we have in the past?  It'll make the Ctrl F function a lot easier than search each page.

I'm usually pretty good about checking the boards a couple of times a day, so you guys are welcome to PM with one or a few players you'd like if you know you won't be around for your pick.  All I ask is that if you list several that you list them in the order you'd like them.

14 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Best I could do is delete the old ones. 

Sac, whenever you see this, could you pin the draft and roster threads?

done.. 

if i get on and see some picks are done I will update the list as well to help you out atlbrave.