The official South Carolina/Nevada primary thread...

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The issue isn't Trump's electibility.  

That is the issue I was discussing.

But, given the state of politicians in this country and globally, I find Hillary's candidacy far from tragic, certainly in comparison with Trump. She is, at the very least, qualified. Whether or not we think she has the credibility or integrity to inhabit the highest office - an office held by many, many men who've done deplorable things - is another issue.

20 hours ago, Knight of God said:

This is very confusing considering how poorly Carson is doing.

It's a shame how much charisma means. Carson comes across as a good man with good ideas and positions, but is terrible at presenting those ideas to the voters. Trump is bombastic and an all around turd, but he commands any room he walks into and that along with his rhetoric are being lapped up by people sick of sending limp wristed weenies like Jeb to Washington to "fight" for them. 

I think that Carson's soft spoken demeanor has been mistaken for weakness, and when you combine that with zero charisma to sway people to his side, he has fallen by the wayside. I liked him, but he lost me after his debacles on foreign policy. 

20 hours ago, Worzone said:

Trump will likely be our next president barring a surprise on Super Tuesday. Hilary is hated by so many I don't believe she will turn out the vote with enough excitement to beat him. Trump is not my choice but If its him or Hilary I'm going to vote for him because I really don't want Hilary and her 10 billion scandals. there is just too much controversy around her. 

Honestly, it was much easier to say I would gladly vote for Trump if it came down to he or Hillary back when I thought he would not actually get the nomination. It becoming harder each time I hear that guy speak. I haven't changed my mind, but man South Park is prophetic 

douchenturd.jpg

34 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

It's a shame how much charisma means. Carson comes across as a good man with good ideas and positions, but is terrible at presenting those ideas to the voters. Trump is bombastic and an all around turd, but he commands any room he walks into and that along with his rhetoric are being lapped up by people sick of sending limp wristed weenies like Jeb to Washington to "fight" for them. 

I think that Carson's soft spoken demeanor has been mistaken for weakness, and when you combine that with zero charisma to sway people to his side, he has fallen by the wayside. I liked him, but he lost me after his debacles on foreign policy. 

It's not his demeanor, it's his complete lack of knowledge about government.  

49 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

That's news to me.

19 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

54 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

I agree on a couple things. Carson does seem like a good man, for whatever that's worth, albeit one with terrible ideas and policies and, despite his formidable education, a complete lack of understanding of global politics and basic science. 

But I also agree that there's a good chance that the people not voting for him are doing so based on his demeanor, lack of charisma, and other, um, "intangibles," and not based on his awful, often-insane ideas.

21 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Government is broke. We are broke spiritually and economically. Thanks to bigger and bigger government we can't fish in our streams, man a lemonade stand, create a business like Microsoft under the overburden of regulation. Governments has killed the manufacturing industry and is in the process of driving america off the financial cliff. With $20 trillion in debt. Trillions owed the chinese, and maybe another $50 trillions in social security, medicare and other government debt, we are selling our souls to more stuff for far less. Yea, government is the answer. For enslaving the people.