The official South Carolina/Nevada primary thread...

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Andras said:

Has the RNC and the conservative media been prepping him for the White House for over a decade? Not even close.

Let me guess, you bought into the whole war on women garbage, didn't ya?

Have the RNC and conservative media been prepping a member of the Bush family for the White House? No, such a thing is unthinkable. Surely they didn't really want him when the establishment through their support behind him from the start and donors flooded him with money. Fact of the matter is that, despite all the whining, you still need to vote and that is something Sanders voters haven't really been doing in the first three states. Now he's slated to be punched in the nose in South Carolina and on Super Tuesday.

Cute attempt at deflection with the war on women stuff though.

20 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Too late, he's already endorsed Rubio.

I just saw that.  The Establishment is apparently in full panic mode.  They see the clock running out and a Trump nomination inevitable unless they immediately unify behind one candidate.  And that candidate is going to be BubbleBoy McFlopSweat.

He looks like a strong candidate.  True Conservative. Great personal narrative.  Excellent on the campaign trail. 

But as the great political philosopher Mike Tyson says "Everyone has a plan until they got hit in the face."

Rubio has twice looked shaky under pressure.  And he is about to be under a LOT of pressure.  The Establishment is stacking the deck to drive out Kasich before Super Tuesday or prevent him from competing. 

The GOOD news for Republicans is that if he can stand up to Trump, he can stand up to Hillary. 

Hillary is just NOT a good campaigner.  She has under performed expectations time and time and time again.

The BAD news for Republicans is that if Rubio can't stand up to Trump, and assuming Hillary wins the nomination,  Republicans will have an Election that can't lose but will run a Candidate who can't WIN.  

9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Have the RNC and conservative media been prepping a member of the Bush family for the White House? No, such a thing is unthinkable. Surely they didn't really want him when the establishment through their support behind him from the start and donors flooded him with money. Fact of the matter is that, despite all the whining, you still need to vote and that is something Sanders voters haven't really been doing in the first three states. Now he's slated to be punched in the nose in South Carolina and on Super Tuesday.

Cute attempt at deflection with the war on women stuff though.

Concern over a rigged and for sale system is whining?

The war on women "stuff" is an example of how Hillary's run has been prepped by not only the media but by the current administration.

There is absolutely no comparison between Hillary and Jeb in terms of their wide range of "support." People have been making excuses and kissing the @ss of the Clinton brand since Bill left. You cannot say the same for Bush. Conservatives distanced themselves from Bush immediately upon W leaving.

WTF does Sanders have to do with this discussion?

I don't expect or truly care if he gets the nomination. He has exposed the hypocritical democratic party for what they truly are. Prepping Hillary and rolling back Obama's ban on lobbyist funding says "We are bought" with an exclamation point. But of course, their followers immediately come out with... "...BUT BUSH!...."

The fact is the democrats are no better than their supposed enemy and I would like nothing more than to watch them fracture and crash along with the other side. This cycle has exposed them.

You can try to frame me up as a conservative but that goes nowhere. I have. for years, been fooled by the democratic party that they wanted a more progressive America and I have always been among the opposition of the conservative party as they are also sold.

I don't have to be a conservative to criticize Democrats. The 2 party system doesn't apply to everyone, ya know. It's not so black and white.

To expose just how fooled teh American Democrats are, simply start the universal healthcare debate. Hillary's opposition proposed such a plan and now democrats want to distance themselves from it.

Priorities > Party for some

Party/candidate > Priorities for many hypocrites.

Edited by Andras
1 minute ago, holymoses said:

I just saw that.  The Establishment is apparently in full panic mode.  They see the clock running out and a Trump nomination inevitable unless they immediately unify behind one candidate.  And that candidate is going to be BubbleBoy McFlopSweat.

He looks like a strong candidate.  True Conservative. Great personal narrative.  Excellent on the campaign trail. 

But as the great political philosopher Mike Tyson says "Everyone has a plan until they got hit in the face."

Rubio has twice looked shaky under pressure.  And he is about to be under a LOT of pressure.  The Establishment is stacking the deck to drive out Kasich before Super Tuesday or prevent him from competing. 

The GOOD news for Republicans is that if he can stand up to Trump, he can stand up to Hillary. 

Hillary is just NOT a good campaigner.  She has under performed expectations time and time and time again.

The BAD news for Republicans is that if Rubio can't stand up to Trump, and assuming Hillary wins the nomination,  Republicans will have an Election that can't lose but will run a Candidate who can't WIN.  

I just want to see how the GOP nomination would play out if the lesser candidates drop out ASAP since Trump, Rubio, and Cruz would all have around 33% support. Trump has also looked shakier in debates after they've been thinned out. It should be entertaining to watch at the very least, but I doubt Kasich and Carson will do that.

4 minutes ago, Andras said:

Concern over a rigged and for sale system is whining?

The war on women "stuff" is an example of how Hillary's run has been prepped by not only the media but by the current administration.

There is absolutely no comparison between Hillary and Jeb in terms of their wide range of "support." People have been making excuses and kissing the @ss of the Clinton brand since Bill left. You cannot say the same for Bush. Conservatives distanced themselves from Bush immediately upon W leaving.

WTF does Sanders have to do with this discussion?

I don't expect or truly care if he gets the nomination. He has exposed the hypocritical democratic party for what they truly are. Prepping Hillary and rolling back Obama's ban on lobbyist funding says "We are bought" with an exclamation point. But of course, their followers immediately come out with... "...BUT BUSH!...."

The fact is the democrats are no better than their supposed enemy and I would like nothing more than to watch them fracture and crash along with the other side. This cycle has exposed them.

Of course you don't care if Sanders gets the nomination or not. :rolleyes:

You can also complain about the system being rigged and for sale all you want to explain why a political revolution (at least on the Democratic side) isn't happening, it's nothing new. It's been a common complaint for centuries yet despite that we still got things such as the progressive movement of the 20th century. Fact of the matter is that if you want real change then you need a charismatic person to gravitate around and for that person to know what they're doing, not a firebrand since they have a habit of berning out. For that I have no real advise since it's a waiting game for the right person at the right time. Also, if the system was as rigged as you say and blindly desiring Hillary to be president then Obama wouldn't have been the nominee in 2008.

As for wanting the parties to fracture, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. A multiparty system would be nice for moderates at a time when the two parties are being pulled to be polar opposites. I also wouldn't mind seeing a return to the prior political process of the parties basically being glorified coalitions but I fear the rise of ideological purity is here to stay.

1 hour ago, kicker said:

There are a lot of Republicans that are so sick and tired of political correctness that I'm pretty sure they'd vote for David Duke if he were running.  It's sad and they're pathetic human beings.  

The thing is kicker, I am not a fan of political correctness myself. I want to know who is who, that way I can stay the heII away from you. I also think the PC thing is sickeningly lopsided. I just won't sell my soul to get in some lunatic just to avoid a Clinton or Sanders presidency. I can't stand either of those two...but I also can't stand Rubio, Cruz, or Trump. Its a freaking circus.

I'm voting my conscience. Libertarian all the way. Rand and Carson both needed to stay Libertarian and Independent IMO!!!

21 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I just want to see how the GOP nomination would play out if the lesser candidates drop out ASAP since Trump, Rubio, and Cruz would all have around 33% support. Trump has also looked shakier in debates after they've been thinned out. It should be entertaining to watch at the very least, but I doubt Kasich and Carson will do that.

Of course you don't care if Sanders gets the nomination or not. :rolleyes:

You can also complain about the system being rigged and for sale all you want to explain why a political revolution (at least on the Democratic side) isn't happening, it's nothing new. It's been a common complaint for centuries yet despite that we still got things such as the progressive movement of the 20th century. Fact of the matter is that if you want real change then you need a charismatic person to gravitate around and for that person to know what they're doing, not a firebrand since they have a habit of berning out. For that I have no real advise since it's a waiting game for the right person at the right time. Also, if the system was as rigged as you say and blindly desiring Hillary to be president then Obama wouldn't have been the nominee in 2008.

As for wanting the parties to fracture, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. A multiparty system would be nice for moderates at a time when the two parties are being pulled to be polar opposites. I also wouldn't mind seeing a return to the prior political process of the parties basically being glorified coalitions but I fear the rise of ideological purity is here to stay.

If you want a multiparty system, then you're going to have to amend the Constitution and do away with congressional districts, the Electoral College, and Senate seats allocated by state.  IOW, you'll have to create a parliamentary system where seats are allocated proportional to each party's share of the vote.  Duverger's Law.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

If you want a multiparty system, then you're going to have to amend the Constitution and do away with congressional districts, the Electoral College, and Senate seats allocated by state.  IOW, you'll have to create a parliamentary system where seats are allocated proportional to each party's share of the vote.  Duverger's Law.

Implementing run off elections for House and Senate seats would solve that issue. The EC, on the other hand, is a bigger issue, especially since smaller states refuse to let it go.

2 hours ago, Andras said:

You're still missing the point. I don't support the status quo.

We are paying the most for our care and receiving so little in return. No amount of choice in insurance is going to change that. Profit is priority #1.

You made the comment that you'd like to see us able to choose like we do with car insurance but other than them sharing the word "insurance," they are nothing alike. Car insurance is mostly not needed. Therefore, premiums can afford to be low and still net the company a profit. Health insurance is always needed, and coupled with the high cost of care, the middle man only further bloats the system. The current middle man's existence is not necessary and only adds to the problem. The choice you speak of is a choice between burning your cash or shredding it.

As someone who works on the periphery of the insurance industry, I can tell you unequivocally that health insurance and car insurance are much more similar than you'd ever know.  Both are so heavily regulated that insurers end up having huge middle management paper pushers that don't do anything to aid the consumer.  

At any rate, insurance isn't the real driver to why health insurance in this country is so expensive.  It isn't just one thing that we can magically fix.  It's a litany of things, from US citizens subsidizing clinical trials that benefit the rest of the world, to defensive medicine to protect doctors, to an unhealthy population, to a population that uses the emergency room for stupid **** like broken fingers and headaches.  Insurance is way down in that list in terms of cost.  

Qpac_4_Spectrum.jpg

This has to be bad news for the establishment. If Trump's support among moderates/ somewhat conservatives is growing, then does it really stand to reason that Rubio will do better in Blue/Purple Winner take all states?

And people talk about Trump's ceiling, but his favorability numbers are not that far off Rubio or Cruz.

gopfav.png

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

The thing is kicker, I am not a fan of political correctness myself. I want to know who is who, that way I can stay the heII away from you. I also think the PC thing is sickeningly lopsided. I just won't sell my soul to get in some lunatic just to avoid a Clinton or Sanders presidency. I can't stand either of those two...but I also can't stand Rubio, Cruz, or Trump. Its a freaking circus.

I'm voting my conscience. Libertarian all the way. Rand and Carson both needed to stay Libertarian and Independent IMO!!!

With Political correctness you end of with people who a superficially nice to your face even though they may hate you, and when they are with their friends they talk about how they can't stand a certain type of people.

Edited by Brehus
29 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Qpac_4_Spectrum.jpg

This has to be bad news for the establishment. If Trump's support among moderates/ somewhat conservatives is growing, then does it really stand to reason that Rubio will do better in Blue/Purple Winner take all states?

And people talk about Trump's ceiling, but his favorability numbers are not that far off Rubio or Cruz.

gopfav.png

This is very confusing considering how poorly Carson is doing.

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This is very confusing considering how poorly Carson is doing.

The problem is that people have a favorable view of Carson, but they prefer some other candidate over him. Trump is polarizing(has the highest number of people unwilling to support him if he is the nom), but he is able to convert a high number of people who view him favorable to supporters. Also Carson is viewed very weak when it comes to National Security, which is now a major issue to the republican base. I think this is also what hurt Rand, since he is very dovish and not in favor of trading our liberties for safety. 

Trump will likely be our next president barring a surprise on Super Tuesday. Hilary is hated by so many I don't believe she will turn out the vote with enough excitement to beat him. Trump is not my choice but If its him or Hilary I'm going to vote for him because I really don't want Hilary and her 10 billion scandals. there is just too much controversy around her. 

46 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Trump will likely be our next president barring a surprise on Super Tuesday. Hilary is hated by so many I don't believe she will turn out the vote with enough excitement to beat him. Trump is not my choice but If its him or Hilary I'm going to vote for him because I really don't want Hilary and her 10 billion scandals. there is just too much controversy around her. 

Too much controversy around her but you will vote for Trump? Ironic thing to say man

I think the biggest misconception/lie I hear from Trump supporters is "He isn't afraid of those nasty PC police and goes after the issues he thinks is important". The thing is he's not.  Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders are (or were) examples of candidates who are (for the most part) unwilling to compromise their visions. Even Cruz who imo is probably my least compatible canidate I think is at least sincere in what he wants to acomplish. 

Trump singled out a an angry but vocal demographic and is essentially exploiting them, telling them what they want to hear. (Something those same people often accuse the democrats not wrongly of doing) Honestly Trump might ultimately be the Liberal monster they fear from Hillary.  There's no telling what he actually thinks or might do.

9 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Too much controversy around her but you will vote for Trump? Ironic thing to say man

Trump while he says some stupid things at times isn't in for for the same kind of scandals as linked to hilary.