The official South Carolina/Nevada primary thread...

Leon Troutsky

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I get the feeling Jeb dropping out will help Kasich more than Rubio. I don't know why Carson is sticking around though.

There were allegations that Carson was massively overpaying certain key staffers, who were also long time friends.  If that is true, his campaign might continue as a jobs program for his cronies.

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Probably, but it's not going to help enough to put Kasich in second place above Rubio, let alone Cruz.  He doesn't have a path to victory, but staying in the race risks him keeping Rubio from overtaking Cruz and maybe Trump.

That assumes that the race continues to be static.  The only real drastic change in the race we have seen in three months  was after Iowa, when it appeared that Trump actually lost support to Rubio . . . and then the New Hampshire Meltdown.

There has been a dearth of National polling in the past week or so, but it looked like Trump regained what he lost, and Rubio re-lossed what he gained.  But his success in South Carolina indicates that he has recovered from the Meltdown.

Point is, Rubio is shaky.  He's better than Jeb on his good days, but he's prone to error.  No one has been able to stay awake to see how Kasich handles pressure, but if I were Trump, I would LOVE to have Bubble Boy McFlopSweat as my Establishment opponent.  In fact, I don't think Trump will lay a hand on Rubio until Kasich is out of the race. 

If I was an Establishment Republican, I would be willing giving up some delegates on Super Tuesday so that Rubio proves he can survive at least another week at the head of the pack. 

EVERYTHING is Super Tuesday is Proportional, and there are a few states where Kasich could do well.  But that won't be enough, he really needs to score a decisive overall victory over Rubio.  There is simply NO WAY that Rubio AND Kasich can stay in the race when the big winner take all primaries start on March 15. 

BTW, Des Moines Iowa is the largest city in any of the three states that have held primaries thus far.  Population about 200,000. 

18 hours ago, lostone said:

WFW, I have told you what the problems are before and you will just brush over them because you fail to understand because you have never lived in or care to understand this side.  You have benefited from being apart of the majority and fail to acknowledge that maybe being apart of the majority has helped you further your life more on average than others.  yes you can point to anecdotes about people you know, then I will point to statistics.  This is a problem that goes back hundreds of years and just doesnt disappear in 1964.  But again, I could put it out in writing and you still wont understand.    I wonder if you agree with Stacey Dash as well.

I know Lo, 400 years of oppression, white privilege, reparations?  Can we just figure out how much we "owe" the black community and just pay the debt already?  Because until we are tabula rasa on this it seems we are never going to get anywhere on the subject.  It is always going to be a crutch for those who want to use it.  How do you suppose the democrats are fixing the problem since they have been in control in most black urban communities for over half a century? 

Would you say race relations are better under Obama than they have ever been in the past?

41 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I know Lo, 400 years of oppression, white privilege, reparations?  Can we just figure out how much we "owe" the black community and just pay the debt already?  Because until we are tabula rasa on this it seems we are never going to get anywhere on the subject.  It is always going to be a crutch for those who want to use it.  How do you suppose the democrats are fixing the problem since they have been in control in most black urban communities for over half a century? 

Would you say race relations are better under Obama than they have ever been in the past?

Race relations under Obama ??? Whose fault is that  ?  There are reasons to dislike Obama but his race has nothing to do with it. A lot of white racists see him as uppity and some black racists may call him an Uncle Tom.So yes race relations have regressed a little.

15 hours ago, Andras said:

Auto insurance can't be compared to health insurance. Auto insurance is more likely to go unused. Health insurance will always be used and prices will always be ridiculous. There is no NEED for that middle man.

14 hours ago, Andras said:

I think you missed the point.

So we continue the status quo where companies tell you what your insurance is each year.  Consumers have virtually no choice as it is.  

Because government (and business!) knows what is best for you, right?  No need to let you decide.  

34 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

Race relations under Obama ??? Whose fault is that  ?  There are reasons to dislike Obama but his race has nothing to do with it. A lot of white racists see him as uppity and some black racists may call him an Uncle Tom.So yes race relations have regressed a little.

Who said anything about his race?  To me he is just the POTUS, his color has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned.  

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Easier win for the republicans IMO...HRC will be chewed up and spit out by whomever the RNC's candidate is.  

Keep telling yourself that and, by all means, go ahead and nominate Trump or Cruz.   Barring a big economic downturn, watching reality smack Republicans in the face again will be fun.

10 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

The big 3 !    Trump, Cruz,and Rubio..........God help us

None can have my vote. A clown, a liar, and Obama 2.0

To be called a liar among politicians is bad...real bad. The Dems? Really? No thank you. Someone asked me, "How can you be a Christian and Libertarian?" Take a look at what else is out there. At least the Libertarians are behaving as normal human beings with more than one or two agendas...

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Easier win for the republicans IMO...HRC will be chewed up and spit out by whomever the RNC's candidate is.  

I cannot stand today's Democrats, but to think Rubio or Cruz has a shot against her is living in dream world. Also, I am amazed at how many Republicans like Trump. Dude is a Democrat. I fear people aren't even paying attention to anything except the tag. Its like taking the Coke label off and putting the Pepsi label on. If I tell you what it is, then you won't really think twice about it.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I cannot stand today's Democrats, but to think Rubio or Cruz has a shot against her is living in dream world. Also, I am amazed at how many Republicans like Trump. Dude is a Democrat. I fear people aren't even paying attention to anything except the tag. Its like taking the Coke label off and putting the Pepsi label on. If I tell you what it is, then you won't really think twice about it.

There are a lot of Republicans that are so sick and tired of political correctness that I'm pretty sure they'd vote for David Duke if he were running.  It's sad and they're pathetic human beings.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You don't get it and never will.  Your little snide remark just proves you just care about you.  And honestly that's fine.  Just stop pretending you care what me or anyone in my community thinks.  It's not about reparations, it's about acknowledging the systemic issues.  Not glossing over them like they don't exist.  Racism doesn't go away just because you don't talk about it.  It's like someone being abused, it doesn't stop just because you don't talk about it.  

On obama, the moment he was going to be the nominee McConnel says that "he will be a one term president".  Then they proceeded to up the obstructionism anti to epic proportions.  How do you feel the black community took that?  The first guy who looked like us is getting treated like a dog.  You cannot comprehend it.  It's nothing you have had to ever worry about because you are in the majority and always have been.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They've been attempting that for over two decades yet she's still standing. If you think that they're suddenly going to shatter her if/when she gets the nomination then you are in for a rude awakening. By comparison, Cruz is extremely easy to label as an extremist (eg. government shutdown effort he helped lead, his father proclaiming him a harbinger of the end times) which will drive a wedge between him and moderates and Trump practically makes the campaign to drive minority voters to vote against him by himself. Rubio is the only one who will most likely give her fits since they have the same robotic styles but he's also far weaker mentally than she is which can be pounced on.

1 hour ago, kicker said:

So we continue the status quo where companies tell you what your insurance is each year.  Consumers have virtually no choice as it is.  

Because government (and business!) knows what is best for you, right?  No need to let you decide.  

You're still missing the point. I don't support the status quo.

We are paying the most for our care and receiving so little in return. No amount of choice in insurance is going to change that. Profit is priority #1.

You made the comment that you'd like to see us able to choose like we do with car insurance but other than them sharing the word "insurance," they are nothing alike. Car insurance is mostly not needed. Therefore, premiums can afford to be low and still net the company a profit. Health insurance is always needed, and coupled with the high cost of care, the middle man only further bloats the system. The current middle man's existence is not necessary and only adds to the problem. The choice you speak of is a choice between burning your cash or shredding it.

Just now, lostone said:

Please Mitt, save us!

I would swallow my pride and vote for Mitt over Hilary.  But it looks like it is going to be inevitable that Hilary is going to be president.

It will be interesting if she does become president despite the fact that the security leak through her server warrants charges with or without classification and with or without intent. The encryption on that server was many times worse than the encryption of the Ashley Madison server. Russia and China got their hands on the state secrets. You can bet your @ss on it.

If they continue to walk her into the white house while also ignoring the clear breach of her duties that warrant an indictment, the cookie needs to crumble.

3 minutes ago, Andras said:

You're still missing the point. I don't support the status quo.

We are paying the most for our care and receiving so little in return. No amount of choice in insurance is going to change that. Profit is priority #1.

You made the comment that you'd like to see us able to choose like we do with car insurance but other than them sharing the word "insurance," they are nothing alike. Car insurance is mostly not needed. Therefore, premiums can afford to be low and still net the company a profit. Health insurance is always needed, and coupled with the high cost of care, the middle man only further bloats the system. The current middle man's existence is not necessary and only adds to the problem. The choice you speak of is a choice between burning your cash or shredding it.

I wonder what would be the unintended consequences of this.  Would medical technology manufacturers start going out of business because they would be unable to get as much money out of hospitals?  would doctors pay start taking a hit?  I would like to see the middle man gone though.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Too late, he's already endorsed Rubio.

feel bad man

3 minutes ago, Andras said:

It will be interesting if she does become president despite the fact that the security leak through her server warrants charges with or without classification and with or without intent. The encryption on that server was many times worse than the encryption of the Ashley Madison server. Russia and China got their hands on the state secrets. You can bet your @ss on it.

If they continue to walk her into the white house while also ignoring the clear breach of her duties that warrant an indictment, the cookie needs to crumble.

Who is 'they?' The party or the people not voting for Sanders?

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Who is 'they?' The party or the people not voting for Sanders?

The state department and the FBI. Dur

"They" in terms of those walking her into the white house? Her donors and the DNC.

Edited by Andras