Jump to content

The official South Carolina/Nevada primary thread...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Trump wins SC convincingly, but I think the big story in the media will be Rubio Surging to 3rd place. This will put him on the path of his lesser known plan the 3-5-3-2-4-3-4-3-2-3-4-5-1 strategy.  Cruz is going to continue to have a problem as long as Carson is siphoning off voters. 

I think the real question is going to be do Kasich or Jebra drop out after SC or NV. If they do, then it bodes will for the establishment, but they have both mentioned waiting until their home states vote. Florida and Ohio are March 15th states. Also Does Cruz drop out if he loses Texas. 

It will be very interesting on both sides for the next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sad, and sadder that the black community doesn't realize they're getting the shaft from the left.

First that was a joke...

Second,
Oh and the right really has our best interest... the f*(k outta here with that bulls***.

I wish you would quit acting like the right cares, because they dont.  At least the left isnt trying to end helpful social program and yelling bootstraps with the we are going to let this rich person take the money and hopefully it will trickle down to you.  I hope, this time, after we have a movement to create our own economies that we are allowed to have them and not have them blown up.

I just love how the Papa Johns guy can afford a insanely large estate, but cant give his workers healthcare.  The fact we are okay with these levels of greed is a testament to how screwed up our society has become. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

We Democrats have a special obligation. If we're serious about our commitment to the poor, to those who need some help, including African Americans, if we continue to ask black people to vote for us, we cannot minimize the realities of the lives they lead or take their concerns for granted.

You know, you can't just show up at election time and say the right things and think that's enough. We can't start building relationships a few weeks before a vote. We have to demonstrate a sustained commitment to building opportunity, creating prosperity, and righting wrongs — not just every two or four years, not just when the cameras are on and people are watching, but every single day.

So here's what I ask of you: Hold me accountable. Hold every candidate accountable. What we say matters, but what we do matters more. And you deserve leaders who will do whatever it takes to tear down all the barriers holding you back and then replace them with those ladders of opportunity that every American deserves to have.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news about the NVCaucus is that they do not use coin flips to decide ties, which means we will not have a coin flip controversy. Bad news is that they use Cards instead. 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

 

I cannot believe that this is how we decide on a candidate. 

 

I already know that we are going to be in for a controversy filled day. College Republicans sending out memos to members to participate in the Dem Caucus and the Republican Caucus.  Bernie's Caucus video has inaccuracies. 

 

As much as I would love to participate in a caucus, I think they need to go away in favor of primaries.  Or at least Dems need to create a smarter Caucus system that does not have BS county delegates and state delegate equivalences that just confuse people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, lostone said:

First that was a joke...

Second,
Oh and the right really has our best interest... the f*(k outta here with that bulls***.

I wish you would quit acting like the right cares, because they dont.  At least the left isnt trying to end helpful social program and yelling bootstraps with the we are going to let this rich person take the money and hopefully it will trickle down to you.  I hope, this time, after we have a movement to create our own economies that we are allowed to have them and not have them blown up.

I just love how the Papa Johns guy can afford a insanely large estate, but cant give his workers healthcare.  The fact we are okay with these levels of greed is a testament to how screwed up our society has become. 

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you Lo.  They've got you man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Good news about the NVCaucus is that they do not use coin flips to decide ties, which means we will not have a coin flip controversy. Bad news is that they use Cards instead. 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

 

I cannot believe that this is how we decide on a candidate. 

 

I already know that we are going to be in for a controversy filled day. College Republicans sending out memos to members to participate in the Dem Caucus and the Republican Caucus.  Bernie's Caucus video has inaccuracies. 

 

As much as I would love to participate in a caucus, I think they need to go away in favor of primaries.  Or at least Dems need to create a smarter Caucus system that does not have BS county delegates and state delegate equivalences that just confuse people. 

I've said many times that I wish the entire primary system would go away.  The idea of party elites selecting nominees isn't popular, but it's a much better way to choose them.  Let people who have stake in the game (e.g., actually care about winning the election) select the person they think is best.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you Lo.  They've got you man!

WFW, I have told you what the problems are before and you will just brush over them because you fail to understand because you have never lived in or care to understand this side.  You have benefited from being apart of the majority and fail to acknowledge that maybe being apart of the majority has helped you further your life more on average than others.  yes you can point to anecdotes about people you know, then I will point to statistics.  This is a problem that goes back hundreds of years and just doesnt disappear in 1964.  But again, I could put it out in writing and you still wont understand.    I wonder if you agree with Stacey Dash as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lostone said:

First that was a joke...

Second,
Oh and the right really has our best interest... the f*(k outta here with that bulls***.

I wish you would quit acting like the right cares, because they dont.  At least the left isnt trying to end helpful social program and yelling bootstraps with the we are going to let this rich person take the money and hopefully it will trickle down to you.  I hope, this time, after we have a movement to create our own economies that we are allowed to have them and not have them blown up.

I just love how the Papa Johns guy can afford a insanely large estate, but cant give his workers healthcare.  The fact we are okay with these levels of greed is a testament to how screwed up our society has become. 

Lol at getting mad at the Papa Johns guy for not providing healthcare.  "He makes enough money!"  Why should healthcare be fully borne on the backs of employers?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kicker said:

Lol at getting mad at the Papa Johns guy for not providing healthcare.  "He makes enough money!"  Why should healthcare be fully borne on the backs of employers?  

In reality it shouldnt be with the employer, but what would you do

It's not about making too much money, its about looking around you and realizing that we shouldnt be such selfish people.  We became this way as a country when we became so self absorbed.  Companies that profit share are awesome.  I liked that CNN headline recently, 25k jobs cut and CEO pay raise.  25k lives were impacted, yet since its not you (not you personally), you dont care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lostone said:

In reality it shouldnt be with the employer, but what would you do

It's not about making too much money, its about looking around you and realizing that we shouldnt be such selfish people.  We became this way as a country when we became so self absorbed.  Companies that profit share are awesome.  I liked that CNN headline recently, 25k jobs cut and CEO pay raise.  25k lives were impacted, yet since its not you (not you personally), you dont care.

Well, since you asked...I'd remove it from the employer completely.  Have people go out and buy their own health insurance each year.  Let the shop just like they do for auto insurance.  Do you know how many people are married to **** jobs because of the health insurance?  Remove that link completely.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andras said:

Auto insurance can't be compared to health insurance. Auto insurance is more likely to go unused. Health insurance will always be used and prices will always be ridiculous. There is no NEED for that middle man.

That middleman already exists.  Or do you think companies buy straight from Blue Cross Blue Shield?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Multiple sites and channels have called Nevada for Hillary. This result isn't good for Sanders' momentum going into South Carolina and Super Tuesday where he already has a steep hill to climb.

Yep.  Looks like Sanders is about to head into a meat grinder over the next three weeks.  Barring some kind of drastic change in the race, Clinton should lock it up quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...