Jump to content

The official South Carolina/Nevada primary thread...


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He's also either tied or down by 5% in Massachusetts of all places according the latest polls out of there.

I cannot say I am surprised. She did well there in 2008 and she has a very strong ground game. When she was down 30+ in NH after Iowa loss, the AG and Boston Mayor were sending folks up to NH to canvass for her. Supposedly they sent like 1000 people up to south NH.

I have also heard many bernie supporters are getting pissed at Warren for not endorsing Bernie to save him in MA. 

Just now, lostone said:

I know she is going to win the democratic nomination.  That hashtag isn't any less true, sad, or funny however.

I was just posting a poll. The poll was not a reply to you. I was going to reply Jack Dorsey is feeling the cHill, since you said twitter was censoring people. 

I am not trying to rub it in anyones face. Just posing polls from GA. 

I am kinda done with the Democratic race anyways. I already voted and the Republican race is much more interesting. Every Town hall and debate has basically been the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_FL_22516.pdf

Even bigger poll. PPP has Trump beating rubio in his home state in a head to head. 

Quote

PPP's newest Florida Republican poll (conducted Wednesday and Thursday before the debate) finds Donald Trump dominant in the state. He's getting 45% to 25% for Marco Rubio, 10% for Ted Cruz, 8% for John Kasich, and 5% for Ben Carson. The most remarkable thing in this poll though is what happens when you narrow the field down to just Trump and Rubio- Trump still leads by double digits at 52/38. Rubio does win over supporters of Cruz (56/25), Kasich (47/32), and Carson (64/21) in such a scenario. But Trump has such a big lead to begin with and picks up enough of the supporters of the also rans that it gives him the overall 14 point advantage.

His approval rating as Senator has cratered to a 31/55 spread, compared to a much more evenly divided 41/44 when we last polled the state in September. Only 40% of voters in the state think he should continue with his campaign, compared to a 44% plurality who think it's time for him to drop out. And he narrowly trails both Hillary Clinton (45/43) and Bernie Sanders (44/42) in head to head general election match ups. Rubio's become quite unpopular at home over the course of his campaign.

I honestly think the establishment should back Kasich. He does much better in blue/purple states being a Gov from a swing state. He is actually competitive in his home state. It seems like he has a MOM type problem where he is not even liked in his home state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

"My party has gone bats*** crazy." -- Lindsey Graham #wpcfdinner

"In 1-3 weeks, Republicans are going to realize that Trump is their nominee, and they will  turn Washington DC into the American Embassy when it was being stormed in the '70's . . . Everyone madly scrambling to burn and destroy evidence of everything they had said about Trump in preceding year . . . . "-Morning Joe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

We now live in a world where the Republican nominee (Trump) will be able to attack the Democratic nominee (Hillary) from the left on Wall Street and foreign policy. 

pgMD4At.jpg

All I know is that Trump wants to, "bomb the ****," out of ISIS and that he wants to tax Wall Street because of China's markets, or something to that effect. It'd be nice if he gave specifics but staying vague is the best option for him until he gets the nomination.

Link to post
Share on other sites

White nationalist and Former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, told his supporters Wednesday that voting for any candidate besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.” 

“voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage,” Mr. Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program, referring to Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, Buzzfeed News reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/25/david-duke-ex-kkk-grand-wizard-urges-supporters-to/

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

White nationalist and Former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, told his supporters Wednesday that voting for any candidate besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.” 

“voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage,” Mr. Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program, referring to Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, Buzzfeed News reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/25/david-duke-ex-kkk-grand-wizard-urges-supporters-to/

More fear mongering? Who gives a darn about david dukes? Bill clinton is a sexual predator. The democrat lion of the senate was Ted Kennedy(he killed his girlfriend and ran away), and lets not forget Robert Byrd, a democrat senator leader who was in the Klan. 

So, with all that being said, who cares about david? Lets worry about the Clinton crime family and what that actually would mean for womens rights(bill is a predator), foreign policy(hillary has so scrwed the pooch its unbearable) and all those foreign contributions and what it means for america. That's just the titular head of the crimes the clintons have committed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

White nationalist and Former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, told his supporters Wednesday that voting for any candidate besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.” 

“voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage,” Mr. Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program, referring to Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, Buzzfeed News reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/25/david-duke-ex-kkk-grand-wizard-urges-supporters-to/

Obviously guilt by association isn't valid, and I think I understand what you're doing here.

Having said that, the amazing thing about Trump is his ability to speak to working class, less educated whites who have concerns about immigration and "losing our country" to immigrants.  There are a lot more people like that who sometimes lean Democratic than people want to acknowledge, and it's why I think that Trump will do better in the general election than people realize.  He's going to lose hispanics by a YUGE margin, but that could easily be offset by the number of working class whites he peals off among independents and even Democrats.  

That so many Republicans also don't realize how liberal he is on economic issues (look at his tax plan, for example) or don't care enough about fiscal conservatism is kind of amusing.  They hear him talking loudly about immigration and ISIS and anti-establishment stuff, and that's their primary reason for supporting him.  None of the other stuff seems to matter to a large number of Republicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

White nationalist and Former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke, told his supporters Wednesday that voting for any candidate besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.” 

“voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point is really treason to your heritage,” Mr. Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program, referring to Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, Buzzfeed News reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/25/david-duke-ex-kkk-grand-wizard-urges-supporters-to/

There was a time in America where this would be a death nail in a candidates election coffin...... But sadly in our society today it may actually prop him up even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There was a time in America where this would be a death nail in a candidates election coffin...... But sadly in our society today it may actually prop him up even more.

I disagree.  The Klan and even David Duke have supported various candidates in the past and some of them went on to become president.  Ultimately, it doesn't mean anything.  It just shows which candidate has the most appeal for white voters (generally speaking, not white supremacists specifically).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Obviously guilt by association isn't valid, and I think I understand what you're doing here.

Having said that, the amazing thing about Trump is his ability to speak to working class, less educated whites who have concerns about immigration and "losing our country" to immigrants.  There are a lot more people like that who sometimes lean Democratic than people want to acknowledge, and it's why I think that Trump will do better in the general election than people realize.  He's going to lose hispanics by a YUGE margin, but that could easily be offset by the number of working class whites he peals off among independents and even Democrats.  

That so many Republicans also don't realize how liberal he is on economic issues (look at his tax plan, for example) or don't care enough about fiscal conservatism is kind of amusing.  They hear him talking loudly about immigration and ISIS and anti-establishment stuff, and that's their primary reason for supporting him.  None of the other stuff seems to matter to a large number of Republicans.

It's a fallacy, but Trump is an ***  hole.  So there's that. 

I don't know if Gary Johnson has thrown his hat in the ring or not, and I don't know if the threat of Trump and/or Bloomberg going independent affects that or not.  I'm not voting for Hillary, Bernie, or Trump under any circumstances whatsoever.  I am at the point that I almost sort of wish Cruz wasn't such a grandstanding ***  hole.  He's incredibly intelligent, he's a strict constitutionalist, but his closing remarks were just too much for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I disagree.  The Klan and even David Duke have supported various candidates in the past and some of them went on to become president.  Ultimately, it doesn't mean anything.  It just shows which candidate has the most appeal for white voters (generally speaking, not white supremacists specifically).  

How recently has a Klan supported candidates assended high ranking political office?? I know in the 30's the Klan had ALOT of  political clout but I am not aware of any recent candidate with their backing.......... It could be me selectively ignoring it hoping people would have more sense!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It's a fallacy, but Trump is an ***  hole.  So there's that. 

I don't know if Gary Johnson has thrown his hat in the ring or not, and I don't know if the threat of Trump and/or Bloomberg going independent affects that or not.  I'm not voting for Hillary, Bernie, or Trump under any circumstances whatsoever.  I am at the point that I almost sort of wish Cruz wasn't such a grandstanding ***  hole.  He's incredibly intelligent, he's a strict constitutionalist, but his closing remarks were just too much for me. 

What about Rubio?  Seems reasonable enough to me.  I wouldn't vote for him, but he seems like the best of the remaining ones on the stage (I'm assuming Kasich doesn't have a chance now).

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I disagree.  The Klan and even David Duke have supported various candidates in the past and some of them went on to become president.  Ultimately, it doesn't mean anything.  It just shows which candidate has the most appeal for white voters (generally speaking, not white supremacists specifically).  

You are seriously overlooking a domestic terrorist org who last week sat down in the white house. That was also the day of the supreme court justices funeral. Black lives activists are terrorizing our country, putting out death threats on Youtube and calling for executing white people. You have black lives matter activist beating up, assaulting vets and regular folks and you say nothing, the president invites them to the white house, and you want to talk about a boogey man that is as benign as the lefts racism cry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...