ESPN Named Hageman As Falcon Who Could Benefit From Change Of Scenery

Sponge

An article about someone else's article. Brilliant.

I think it's too early to say that about Hage. This was his first year in the new scheme, that already is a change of scenery. I'm thinking this coming year may be when he breaks out; the 3'rd year is usually a big one for players.

13 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

This is cheap journalism to me. 

Creating news out of thin air!

It's not like Vaughn McClure was recognizing something, the response was provoked by asking a hypothetical question.  I think it's ridiculous to suggest anything about the second year player changing teams.

30 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Creating news out of thin air!

It's not like Vaughn McClure was recognizing something, the response was provoked by asking a hypothetical question.  I think it's ridiculous to suggest anything about the second year player changing teams.

Yea,  it's also just a matter of what they could actually be doing instead of  fabricating sensational gossip. Just think they could actually talk football!  God forbid anybody break down any game tape or even discuss analytics. 

Ridiculous article ---- sensationalism at it's best!  Hageman will be fine.  Usually the 3rd year is their make-it or break-it season, and to me I've seen enough good from him to know that he can excel at his position ---- especially, with another set of OTAs, training camp and pre-season under Dan Quinn.  
If he doesn't have a breakout year this season, frankly, I'll be surprised!  Also, I think Beastley is gonna be a LOT better, too...  

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

Vaughn, in a follow up to what player would benefit from a change of scenery, if any player was going to get arrested for beating his wife, which one do you think that would be?

ESPN asked their writer covering each team to pick one guy that might benefit from a change of scenery. Really not a big deal

This thread is chock full of a bunch of defensive Dimites starting to sense that Hageman might be yet another second round Dimi bust. So they turn on the journalist they all worshiped less than a year ago, when he was only asked to name one player who could benefit from a change of scenery. If only to get him out of the strip clubs, he could be right. Somewhere like GB might be a better fit.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

This thread is chock full of a bunch of defensive Dimites starting to sense that Hageman might be yet another second round Dimi bust. So they turn on the journalist they all worshiped less than a year ago, when he was only asked to name one player who could benefit from a change of scenery. If only to get him out of the strip clubs, he could be right. Somewhere like GB might be a better fit.

I have rarely if ever defended TD but I wanted Hageman for what he was. People like you bitched because we didn't get anything but character guys and take no risk then flip your **** when we do and tha player is not a 1st team all pro his first year. Guy looked good in run stopping this year and blew up his blocker on several occasions.  That hit on Scam Newton in the dome was a thing of beauty.

Edited by Godzilla1985

11 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I have rarely if ever defended TD but I wanted Hageman for what he was. People like you bitched because we didn't get anything but character guys and take no risk then flip your **** when we do and tha player is not a 1st team all pro his first year. Guy looked good in run stopping this year and blew up his blocker on several occasions.  That hit on Scam Newton in the dome was a thing of beauty.

I've never been one of Falcon Filter ilk. In fact, I hate it. I think you got the wrong guy bro. I'm the one who believes I could beat the brakes off some of these Dimi choir boy picks with average do badders off the corner of Ashby Street and Simpson Road.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I've never been one of Falcon Filter ilk. In fact, I hate it. I think you got the wrong guy bro. I'm the one who believes I could beat the brakes off some of these Dimi choir boy picks with average do badders off the corner of Ashby Street and Simpson Road.

So you believe if a player allegedly doesn't behave like an angel you advocate TD may have made a mistake and it may be good for them to get a change of scenery, but at the same time you hate the Falcons filter and never been one to support it.

These two positions are inconsistent with one another. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with him giving his opinion at all.  I just think the whole topic is lazy. 

70, so you think Hageman is a bust?  Sincerely curious.  I'm not decided myself yet.  I don't think he's exactly lit the world on fire,  but he's been decent for a second rounder.  I think he's closer to average than a bust. 

Sports journalists are going to spin and speculate. You all are really going to get your panties in a wad over this latest example? Especially when Hageman has been a huge disappointment so far by any standard you want to use. But as to the central issues, should we dump him, and if we did would he develop into the player everyone thought he could be?

First, no we should not bounce him out of here because we very likely wouldn't get diddly squat for him. What would I give up to get Hageman on my team if I were an NFL GM? The short answer is not much. As to the second question, could Hageman go somewhere else and become a pro-bowl DT? Only Hageman knows the answer to that.

We all know he's not going anywhere this season. As for where he will be and what he will be doing after this season, if he isn't twice as good as he's been in his first two years, then I hope he'll get replaced by someone maybe not quite as talented, but hopefully somebody who is a lot more mature and a lot more motivated to be the best DT he can be.