Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yingers

Cam shows us what we all knew about him

164 posts in this topic

Also, I notice that some people here who are criticizing Cam Newton for his behaviors (both winning and losing) are the same people who were yelling insults at Carolina fans after the loss.  

When Denver won: "F*** you Panthers, you SUCK!"  

If Denver had lost:  ***disappear***

To me, that's acting just like Newton has acted last season.

9 hours ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

so boy = thug now? got it.

liberals sigh

What does this have to do with political leaning?

You just don't get it.

Ignorance...sigh.

Let me have a go at it. Cam Newton is a punk who is a classless winner and a classless loser. Anyone who condones his conduct is obviously of the same mindset.

On 2/8/2016 at 10:00 AM, KRUNKuno said:

Wtf does it being verbalized have to do with it?  

People make stupid, racist, sexist, ignorant tweets/texts/posts all the time.

Be oblivious if you want.  Like I said, it's people like you that are the reasons why there will never be a serious interracial discussion about racism. 

So now I am racist, too. Great. Because I have another view. That's a mature stance. Seeing something from another perspective is NOT being oblivious. Not seeing other perspectives is, so it is YOU that is the problem. 

Well seeing as how Romanowski wasn't alive in the 1930s or whatever, I'm still just saying it as bad judgement.

Do people even still consider that something anyways? Seems so outdated. Like do we ever hear "peckerwood" anymore or would we even care?

15 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

So now I am racist, too. Great. Because I have another view. That's a mature stance. Seeing something from another perspective is NOT being oblivious. Not seeing other perspectives is, so it is YOU that is the problem. 

Well seeing as how Romanowski wasn't alive in the 1930s or whatever, I'm still just saying it as bad judgement.

Do people even still consider that something anyways? Seems so outdated. Like do we ever hear "peckerwood" anymore or would we even care?

That statement in itself is pretty ignorant. Institutionalized segregation wasn't abolished until 40 years later, and it's not as if everyone just agreed and went their merry way when it was. If you want to talk about maturity, then at least try to be more objective.

KRUNKuno likes this

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Duff_Man said:

I never called you racist.  I said people who act oblivious are the reasons we cannot have serious discussions about racial issues.

If you mean to tell me that you, or Bill Romanowski for that matter, didn't know that a white MAN calling a black MAN "boy" carries some form of a racist tone then you are oblivious to history, society and context.  If you dont know that then it's YOU that's looking at it from one side.

I'm calling you oblivious...not racist.  Not once have I called anybody racist.

5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I never called you racist.  I said people who act oblivious are the reasons we cannot have serious discussions about racial issues.

If you mean to tell me that you, or Bill Romanowski for that matter, didn't know that a white MAN calling a black MAN "boy" doesn't carry some form of a racist tone then you are oblivious to history, society and context.  If you dont know that then it's YOU that's looking at it from one side.

I'm calling you oblivious...not racist.  Not once have I called anybody racist.

We actually can't have the discussion on race in this country because the only people they can and will have it are generally friends with each other and not with strangers.  It usually causes tension on most people's parts because everyone is just waiting for the extremist on both side to declare someone a racist who hates the other side.  So everyone just keeps on ignoring the elephant in the room because no one wants to be the one who is publicly attacked and socially crucified for taking the first steps

13 hours ago, Worzone said:

We actually can't have the discussion on race in this country because the only people they can and will have it are generally friends with each other and not with strangers.  It usually causes tension on most people's parts because everyone is just waiting for the extremist on both side to declare someone a racist who hates the other side.  So everyone just keeps on ignoring the elephant in the room because no one wants to be the one who is publicly attacked and socially crucified for taking the first steps

A discussion on any topic can be had as long as you have people that are willing to be open minded and hear each other out.  The only people ignoring the elephant are the people who are afraid to discuss the issue.  

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

A discussion on any topic can be had as long as you have people that are willing to be open minded and hear each other out.  The only people ignoring the elephant are the people who are afraid to discuss the issue.  

I discuss it with alot of my friends and at Church. But I also have found there are alot of people who don't want to have it on both sides.  People don't like to change, accept change, or to talk about change.  So many discussions turn into useless fingerpointing

2 minutes ago, Worzone said:

I discuss it with alot of my friends and at Church. But I also have found there are alot of people who don't want to have it on both sides.  People don't like to change, accept change, or to talk about change.  So many discussions turn into useless fingerpointing

I find that people who dont want to discuss the issue are those who never wanted to have the discussion in the first place.  It scares them because they maybe dont want to believe the issue really exists, don't have an answer for why the issue currently exists, or are stuck in their beliefs and cant be moved regardless of discussion.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, if one is not a perpetrator of the issue then there should be no reason why he or she should feel threatened.  I can have a discussion with women about rape and not feel threatened or hurt when a woman speaks her mind about being afraid of men.  If I'm in the discussion it's my job to listen and discuss, not argue the issue on behalf of all men.  That's a selfish stance to take.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I find that people who dont want to discuss the issue are those who never wanted to have the discussion in the first place.  It scares them because they maybe dont want to believe the issue really exists, don't have an answer for why the issue currently exists, or are stuck in their beliefs and cant be moved regardless of discussion.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, if one is not a perpetrator of the issue then there should be no reason why he or she should feel threatened.  I can have a discussion with women about rape and not feel threatened or hurt when a woman speaks her mind about being afraid of men.  If I'm in the discussion it's my job to listen and discuss, not argue the issue on behalf of all men.  That's a selfish stance to take.

I agree there should be no issue. It doesn't mean there won't be one