Carter

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

Why do we have higher academic standards than Southern Cal?

I find that hard to believe.

There is a lot of mess and rumor out there with Price and exactly what happened. He had other recruits convinced he was coming to UGA, was visibly all about UGA for a long time. We heard very little about USC until this morning. Essentially what's happening is people making excuses for him. We were planning on him being in this class.

I think the choice was taken out of his hands. Exactly why, exactly how, I don't know. I'm not buying that he went to USC for bad grades or a better education or stability, whatever bs they put out through the media.

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

well it depends will that player be a knucklehead or not.  you can't hold a player's hand and you will have those like jhc for instance who will make the wrong decisions.  we will have guys who will smoke the reefer and they will be punished like they were with the old staff.  the key has been and i have commented on this often at alabama they were able to oversign and make up for losing guys which they processed 10 to 14 yearly.  bama built that great depth due to that.  when you sign 23 or more players in the same 3 year period than anyone else that's a big competitive advantage and kirby won't have that advantage.  so he is going to need to make sure his staff's evaluations in character and talent is dead on, but no matter how good they are when you have policies where kids miss games after 1 failed drug test and off the team after 3 you just gotta hope players make sound decisions.

So how can you over sign players? How does that work? Going to be interesting to see if those knuckleheads are put in their place under Kirby. Not trying to hijack thread though. Just hope we can start keeping these talented players at UGA somehow.

55 minutes ago, joefalco said:

The day did end a little different than we hoped but just think we signed the 7th best class in the nation while turning over almost our entire coaching staff. Hats off to Kirby and the coaches for getting this done. 

I'm ecstatic. Qb of the future. Playmakers on both sides. Some beef on the lines. 

Now lets line em up and play some dang ball

go dawgs!!!!!!!!

Let's get'em in S&C and make men out of them first and then go out and get after it this spring.........

Well the best way to make recruits feel badly about their decisions is either beat them...or just play better and have a better record. Then you smile...nod your head like yeah....you screwed the pooch and the pooch is you. If you go out and show how you handle the adversity...some of these spoiled and immature kids might...if they are lucky...learn a valuable lesson about life. I feel very good that our program will eclipse the Auburns and USC's of the world. Have a faith....Karma.

i don't know Price personally but, I've seen enough of his interviews to get a pretty good idea on what type of guy he is.  He likes smile a lot, when I saw his face before his announcement I immediately knew the word about him heading to USC was real. He look absolutely miserable and it was all over his face.  No doubt in my mind he wanted to be a Dawg.  A guy like Price should have been all smiles on his big day, he was anything but that.

2 minutes ago, aPureTerror said:

i don't know Price personally but, I've seen enough of his interviews to get a pretty good idea on what type of guy he is.  He likes smile a lot, when I saw his face before his announcement I immediately knew the word about him heading to USC was real. He look absolutely miserable and it was all over his face.  No doubt in my mind he wanted to be a Dawg.  A guy like Price should have been all smiles on his big day, he was anything but that.

I made that comment earlier as well. I'm not buying any of the crap they're floating about USC.

33 minutes ago, richham said:

How is signing the #7 ranked class a disappointment.  We signed as many 5 star players as Bama?  This was a really good class, especially with all the coaching changes.  You want to sign the #1 class your going to have to knock saban from his horse.

Mostly for the reasons I said . It's similar to the way a 9 or 10 or even 11 win season can be disappointing. As I already said, we list two big time guys, didn't really gain anything unexpected and whether or not we get Drob apparently has very little to do with uga and everything to do with if his qualifies at Stanford.

22 minutes ago, aPureTerror said:

So this is true, I saw someone else say this and didn't necessarily believe it.  Was it Finebaum's show?

I don't think so. I wasn't paying too much attention, happened to catch it in between classes. I think it was just one big blob of NSD coverage.

Ok so it was an admissions issue with Price. Whatever it was, he had the same issue with both UGA and Auburn. I knew it wasn't some academics thing. Apparently it was brought to his attention last week, they tried to fix it but were unable to. Whatever that issue was it apparently didn't come up at USC.

Unfortunate for him and UGA both. I'm sure he will have a great time at USC though.

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

Why do we have higher academic standards than Southern Cal?

there are minimum's, but some programs have additional requirements and not all schools are the same.. not every school takes the same math, etc..  you have minimum ncaa requirements, but it sounds like a class we wouldn't take usc would and it was not something price wanted to redo.  price himself said it was academics.  i won't be calling him a liar.