Jump to content

Mock Offseason


autigerfan

Recommended Posts

Needs:

1) Center

2a) DE

2b) LB

3) S

4) G

5) WR

6) TE

 

Cap Casualties:  Devin Hester, William Moore, Justin Durant, Tyson Jackson, Matt Bryant

Re-structure:  Soliai, Roddy White

RFA Tender:  Ryan Schraeder (1st), Paul Worrilow (2nd)

Re-sign:  Adrian Clayborn 2 years $9M 3M guarantee.  Charles Godfrey 1 yr. $1.8M.  Shane Graham 2 yrs. $3M

UFA:  Stefan Wisniewski 4 Yrs. $25M $10M guaranteed.  Danny Tevathan 5yr. $40M $13M guaranteed.  Brian Quick 1 yr. $2M. Phillip Wheeler, vet minimum.  Matt Schaub 2yr. $5M, Logan Paulsen, vet minimum. Bryce Harris, vet minimum.

Draft:

1st Round - Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson

2nd Round - Miles Killibrew, S/LB Southern Utah

3rd Round - Kentrell Brother, ILB Missouri

4th Round - Connor McGover, G Missouri

7th Round - Mike Matthews, C Texas A&M.

 

Depth Chart

OFFENSE

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub

RB - Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Patrick DiMarco, Terron Ward

WR - Julio Jones, Roddy White, Brian Quick, Justin Hardy, Nick Williams, Eric Weems

TE - Jacob Tamme, Levine Toilolo, Logan Paulsen

LT - Jake Matthews, Bryce Harris

LG - Andy Levitre, Mike Person

C - Stefan Wisniewski, Mike Matthews

RG - Connor McGovern, James Stone

RT - Ryan Shraeder

DEFENSE

DE - Adrian Clayborn, Vic Beasley, Shaq Lawson, Malliciah Goodman

DT - Paul Soliai, Rashad Hageman, Jonathan Babineuax, Grady Jarrett, Joey Mbu

MLB - Paul Worrilow, Kentrell Brothers

WLB - Danny Trevathan, Phillip Wheeler

SLB - Brooks Reed, Nathan Stupar

CB - Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Jalen Collins, Phillip Adams, Akeem King

FS - Ricardo Allen, Charles Godfrey, 

SS - Kemal Ishmael, Miles Killebrew, Robenson Therezie

K - Shayne Graham

P - Matt Bosher

LS - Josh Harris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sigh...ok so here is my tid bit on the interior of the line. We can add as many DE's we want to in the offseason but nothing will really change until we upgrade our Defensive Tackles. 

 

Now before anyone says "oh Babs is good(lmao), and our young guys show promise think about this. Our DT's have had the FEWEST sacks in the NFL 2 years in a row. 

 

Now look at the top 5 team leaders In sacks and you will see that every team has a pocket pushing DT to push the QB into the arching or bull rushing DE's. For example Malik Jackson blew up NE guards all day making it much easier for Ware and Miller to put heat on Brady. 

 

So for your mock you release Jackson and don't even replace him leaving us with non productive in the pass rush babs and a slew of unproven guys in Mbu,Hags and Grady. We know Soliai is pure run stuffer.  Why not add Malik Jackson in FA? Or Nick Fairly or some young guy in the draft at that position to help our DT's. Pressure starts from the inside out and to many guys on here are forgetting that and fail to see how much we lack interior pressure on passing downs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

Sigh...ok so here is my tid bit on the interior of the line. We can add as many DE's we want to in the offseason but nothing will really change until we upgrade our Defensive Tackles. 

 

Now before anyone says "oh Babs is good(lmao), and our young guys show promise think about this. Our DT's have had the FEWEST sacks in the NFL 2 years in a row. 

 

Now look at the top 5 team leaders In sacks and you will see that every team has a pocket pushing DT to push the QB into the arching or bull rushing DE's. For example Malik Jackson blew up NE guards all day making it much easier for Ware and Miller to put heat on Brady. 

 

So for your mock you release Jackson and don't even replace him leaving us with non productive in the pass rush babs and a slew of unproven guys in Mbu,Hags and Grady. We know Soliai is pure run stuffer.  Why not add Malik Jackson in FA? Or Nick Fairly or some young guy in the draft at that position to help our DT's. Pressure starts from the inside out and to many guys on here are forgetting that and fail to see how much we lack interior pressure on passing downs. 

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like your mock, but I have to agree with Gleason.  My preferred first-rounder would be A'Shawn Robinson, but it is unlikely that he will fall into our laps.  

We absolutely need to concentrate on our interior lines.  We are soft and weak because our big uglies are not ugly enough.  

 

How we go about it is up for debate, but let's be clear, we must improve the personnel at the LOS, especially in the trenches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Guys. We have two young DT's who have shown promise, but I digress. This is a VERY good mock, if you feel like it is in error then make your own mock. Don't derail his because its not like your thinking in terms of priority.

There's a fine line between trying to have constructive conversation and shredding someone's opinion as not good enough.  I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be my favorite draft but all that means is it is probably realistic. I love the 1st round pick and like the 7th but I don't know to much about the other guys. Kudos for using some different names than the regulars. Gives me a couple more guys to watch for.

After doing some napkin calculations you should actually have somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-$20 million left after the re-signings, restructures, cuts, FA and the draft, so 1 more biggish contract is not out of the realm of possibility. I definitely think the FA signings are realistic in both the players and the contracts they can/will receive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Guys. We have two young DT's who have shown promise, but I digress. This is a VERY good mock, if you feel like it is in error then make your own mock. Don't derail his because its not like your thinking in terms of priority.

Promise? Really? It's your opinion so not going to ask you for facts but I'll just say our young guys need someone who can actually put constant pressure yet along more than 4 sacks consistently to look up to. 

 

Our interior as of today ( and according to the mock above) is not good enough! 

 

We as fans need to stop settling for "OK" trench play. OK cant even win our division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

Promise? Really? It's your opinion so not going to ask you for facts but I'll just say our young guys need someone who can actually put constant pressure yet along more than 4 sacks consistently to look up to. 

 

Our interior as of today ( and according to the mock above) is not good enough! 

 

We as fans need to stop settling for "OK" trench play. OK cant even win our division.

We as fans aren't seeing everything the same way all the time. I have a bad habit of it too bro. When something irks me on the team and others can't see it I just start swinging at them. Make a mock and show us instead bro. I'm going to do one like that.

One of the first things I was taught in scouting. NEVER think there is one way to make your team better. You do that, and you will quickly build a house of cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FAN_O_THE_ATL said:

Good offseason. Pretty realistic IMO. I agree that DT is a need though. Of Soliai, Babs, and Jackson, at least one will be cut this year and the other(s) will be gone next offseason. This is a deep and talented DT class. We should definitely be looking beyond next year's team and draft a DT this year. 

I think Jackson and Soliai are out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly like the mock, it's good, other than I wanted Nick Martin in the second but I could live with this. I know what buddy is saying about interior pressure and I do agree. I'd add Malik Jackson this off season... fits a need, Richard Smith knows him, and he won't be no 13 million a year like Mohammed will. All in all I like the off season. Also, White isn't a #2 anymore, we might as well cut him and sign a guy like Reuben Randle or Mohammed Sanu to be a stop gap for us until we get a #2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2016 at 0:22 AM, GleasonForever! said:

Sigh...ok so here is my tid bit on the interior of the line. We can add as many DE's we want to in the offseason but nothing will really change until we upgrade our Defensive Tackles. 

 

Now before anyone says "oh Babs is good(lmao), and our young guys show promise think about this. Our DT's have had the FEWEST sacks in the NFL 2 years in a row. 

 

Now look at the top 5 team leaders In sacks and you will see that every team has a pocket pushing DT to push the QB into the arching or bull rushing DE's. For example Malik Jackson blew up NE guards all day making it much easier for Ware and Miller to put heat on Brady. 

 

So for your mock you release Jackson and don't even replace him leaving us with non productive in the pass rush babs and a slew of unproven guys in Mbu,Hags and Grady. We know Soliai is pure run stuffer.  Why not add Malik Jackson in FA? Or Nick Fairly or some young guy in the draft at that position to help our DT's. Pressure starts from the inside out and to many guys on here are forgetting that and fail to see how much we lack interior pressure on passing downs. 

Solid logic here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...