Official Iowa Caucus Thread...with some analysis.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dirtyhairy said:

Speaking of credible sources, CNN just stated the Clintons have been paid over $150 million for speeches. Sounds credible but ask yourself. Who is paying this money?

Soooo...you don't think Clinton was actually paid that money because the source is CNN?  Or you think that Clinton isn't credible because she was paid on the speaking circuit?  Not sure what you're asking here.

Also:

Carson just completed a string of seven paid speeches that commanded fees worth as much as $500,000 in total. Fiorina delivered a pair of $48,000 speeches in October — one to AT&T and another to Young Presidents Organization, a business executives’ group — though her financial disclosure suggests she diverted the fees to charity. Huckabee’s campaign acknowledged that the candidate has delivered paid speeches since announcing his bid but declined to provide a list of venues or fees earned

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/carly-fiorina-ben-carson-mike-huckabee-speaking-fees-216671#ixzz3zPXhcgSr
10 minutes ago, lostone said:

That's the one.  Did that really happen?

I assume Cruz supporters will brush it under the rug and say Hilary did it a few times.

I don't fault Cruz for that, myself.  There were stories of Carson taking time off from campaigning, and once the story came out that he wasn't the Cruz campaign had a follow up email.  There's also no evidence that it hurt Carson, who slightly overperformed relative to his poll standing.

23 minutes ago, Trout_Farm said:

I don't fault Cruz for that, myself.  There were stories of Carson taking time off from campaigning, and once the story came out that he wasn't the Cruz campaign had a follow up email.  There's also no evidence that it hurt Carson, who slightly overperformed relative to his poll standing.

That one says specifically that Ben Carson will be suspending his campaign after tonights caucus. That was definitely not close to what was reported.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 0:25 PM, Billy Ocean said:

So it's only a matter of time before Trump starts playing up an 18-year-old, "always short of cash" Marco Rubio getting arrested for being at a Miami public park known for homosexual prostitution after hours, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rubios-summer-of-90-an-arrest-then-newfound-purpose/2016/01/21/3582a72e-c04d-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html