Quinn / TD: Press Conference - Thursday 01/28

Tony Diesel

I have said this many times and will say it again Dan Quinn is the right coach to win a super bowl in atlanta. I think everyone jumped the gun with the fast start. I definitely seen improvement on defense and offense was a struggle at times. Everyone struggles a bit with scheme changes. I think Matt will play better next year. He critics himself more than anyone else. Playoffs next year then 2017 super bowl. I have said this from day one when Quinn was hired.

53 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Quinn just comes across like a wuss. Really not an inspirational man., doesn't sound like a leader.  I hope I am wrong.

I'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to put all your business, personal and otherwise, about what goes on in the FO and the locker room, you shouldn't be a leader. Better a wuss than a sellout.

OK, so a few things that I got from this.

First, both of them fumbled the question about them coming at odds about draft picks. They also seemed to reference our 2nd and 3rd round pick, which may have been similar moments. Clearly then, there are conflicts on draft day, though that's only natural.

The second, is that Quinn didn't really answer the question about Ryan struggling in the scheme. He ultimately said that Ryan said that he can be the guy in that system. That sounds like a, yes he did, but I don't want to say it, but we do believe that he can thrive in it with time.

Third, Quinn seemed most natural when talking about pulling the grit out of players, and watching tape and interviewing players.

So, in summation, there was definitely some Coach/GM speak in there, but, all in all, I think they handled it fine. There's clearly at least some level of conflict there, but that's about what you'd expect in most FOs.

After 8 years it was refreshing to see Dimitroff FINALLY admit to a mistake. In any interview he's ever done, all I've ever heard is typical corporate rah rah BS, stuff like "well.... we really like our guys and we think they're gonna develop when they get more playing time" 

Of course he was typically talking about the pass rush or the OLine. And it was very clear to anyone with eyes that "OUR" guys were NOT developing.

Like someone said, this is the press conference he needed to have 3 years ago.