Senior Bowl Interest

FentayeJones

Senior Bowl players will meet/talk with most teams but couple who talked Falcons interest were Braxton Miller, Deion Jones, Matt Ioannidis

Miller is athletic and could be an interesting 4th rounder, not sure he will last to that point...

Deion Jones just weighed in under 220 pounds at the Senior Bowl, so not sure how much that will matter to coaches/FO???

They all can run and cover. But if we can get Trevathan in FA and put him in the middle, that would eliminate Perry. I believe Lee and Cravens go late 1st to early 2nd. That leaves Jones who I don't think will get out the 2nd rd. Especially after the combine. He would fit perfect in the mid range of rd 2 and in Quinn's fast and physical style of play.

I posted this in draft/FA thread.

Ohio State WR Braxton Miller just told me he has interviewed with the #Falcons at the Senior Bowl.

1. "I'm going to have to hit him up, man and talk to him about (route running)," Miller on Julio

3 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    More
  2. "I've been watching his film since he came from Alabama and with the Falcons. The way he runs his routes is crazy," Braxton Miller on Julio

"With the 17th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State"

*Message Board explodes*

I would laugh my butt off and then sulk for a week and then start laughing again. I just think it would be funny if one of these years we took a punter in the first round just to see if indeed the universe would explode.

Senior Bowl players will meet/talk with most teams but couple who talked Falcons interest were Braxton Miller, Deion Jones, Matt Ioannidis

South Practice: Stock Up

1. DL Matt Ioannidis, Temple

I’ll be honest, I saw Ioannidis as a tenacious, run-stuffing defensive linemen before today, but his performance as a pass rusher during Tuesday’s practice was truly impressive. He won a number of one-on-one battles, showing good hand usage and quickness inside. I’m excited to continue watching him this week.

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/27/senior-bowl-day-one-stock-report-winners-and-losers/

5 hours ago, theProf said:

South Practice: Stock Up

1. DL Matt Ioannidis, Temple

I’ll be honest, I saw Ioannidis as a tenacious, run-stuffing defensive linemen before today, but his performance as a pass rusher during Tuesday’s practice was truly impressive. He won a number of one-on-one battles, showing good hand usage and quickness inside. I’m excited to continue watching him this week.

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/27/senior-bowl-day-one-stock-report-winners-and-losers/

• Vaughn McClureESPN Staff Writer

MOBILE, Ala. -- Senior Bowl prospect Matt Ioannidis has a connection to Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan that extends beyond the Temple defensive tackle playing college ball in Ryan's hometown of Philadelphia.

"What do I know about the Falcons? One of my best buddies, his cousin is actually the starting quarterback for the Falcons,'" Ioannidis said, referring to Temple quarterback John Loughery.

Maybe Ioannidis will have a chance to play alongside his good friend's cousin someday. True, all the Senior Bowl prospects meet with just about every team this week. However, Ioannidis had an arranged meeting with Falcons national scout Mark Olson following Tuesday's practice.

"I actually spoke to him on the phone [Monday] night, then I got a missed call from him when we were in meetings, and I called him back, so [Tuesday] was the first time I got to speak with him face to face," Ioannidis said.

At least one NFL defensive coordinator said the 6-foot-3, 303-pound Ioannidis had a "very good day" Tuesday. A projected fifth-round prospect, Ioannidis had 10.5 tackles for losses, 3.5 sacks, four pass breakups and two fumble recoveries this past season.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said the Falcons need to bolster both lines this offseason. Quinn found a fifth-round gem in nose tackle Grady Jarrett from Clemson in the draft last season. (The Falcons lost their fifth-round pick this season as result of piping noise into the Georgia Dome.)

Ioannidis isn't overly concerned about draft projections.

"I hang my hat on that I'm the most competitive guy out there every day, and I'm going to outwork people," he said. "A lot of guys say that, but there's just a few of them out there. I'm hoping to be one of them."