The Amazing Cam

What impresses me about Cam Newton besides his athleticism is the fun he seems to be having while at it. One example, and there are many, when the Panthers were out on the field way before last weeks game he was leading the players running around on the turf smiling like he was at a party. Everything he does, he does with that ear to ear smile. Anyone that performs that happily has a personality that's hard not to admire. Does it help win over rival fans? Sure it does. Actions speak louder than words.

And I read somewhere in the past 2 seasons he is credited with 34 red zone td's and 0 turnovers. Holy cow.

Edited by big_dog
On 1/26/2016 at 8:02 AM, big_dog said:

And I read somewhere in the past 2 seasons he is credited with 34 red zone td's and 0 turnovers. Holy cow.

That's for the 2015 season.  34 TDs and 0 turnovers in the red zone

For the past 2 seasons it's 49 TDs and 0 turnovers... which his numbers were down across the board in 2014 due to multiple injuries, missed games and several other factors

On January 26, 2016 at 8:02 AM, big_dog said:

What impresses me about Cam Newton besides his athleticism is the fun he seems to be having while at it. One example, and there are many, when the Panthers were out on the field way before last weeks game he was leading the players running around on the turf smiling like he was at a party. Everything he does, he does with that ear to ear smile. Anyone that performs that happily has a personality that's hard not to admire. Does it help win over rival fans? Sure it does. Actions speak louder than words.

Get what you're saying, But he carries it way too far at times. As I've said over on the good board, if this was 50 years ago, he'd have the **** beat out of him by defensive players like **** Butkis, Ray Nitschke etc. It may not be during the game either. That was back when these guys were hard and many had to work second jobs. 

It's a different time now, and an entirely different game thanks to weasels like Roger Goodell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...