Grand Jury Indicts People Who Video-Taped The Planned Parenthood Videos...

A felony charge for the founder of the CMP and a misdemeanor for someone who works there, both related to tampering with a governmental record. This might be related to the allegation that CMP lied to the IRS when setting up the organization.

The grand jury also did not hand down indictments against Planned Parenthood after an investigation into the videos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/grand-jury-indicts-leader-behind-planned-parenthood-videos/2016/01/25/8adf9392-c3b0-11e5-b933-31c93021392a_story.html

By Paul J. Weber | AP January 25 at 5:24 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — A Houston grand jury investigating undercover footage of Planned Parenthood found no wrongdoing Monday by the abortion provider but instead indicted anti-abortion activists involved in making the videos that provoked outrage among Republican leaders nationwide.
David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, was indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs. Another activist, Sandra Merritt, was also indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record.
Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson didn’t specify what record or records were allegedly tampered with in a statement announcing the indictment.
“We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast,” Anderson said. “As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us.”
The Center for Medical Progress is the anti-abortion group that released covertly shot videos of Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research. A phone message left with the group wasn’t immediately returned.
Planned Parenthood announced on Jan. 14 it is suing the Center for Medical Progress, the group responsible for heavily edited and secretly filmed videos claiming the abortion provider illegally sells fetal tissue. Here’s what they want. (The Washington Post)
Planned Parenthood officials swiftly hailed the indictment as just.
“This is absolutely great news because it is a demonstration of what Planned Parenthood has said from the very beginning, we follow every law and regulation and these anti-abortion activists broke multiple laws to try and spread lies,” said spokeswoman Rochelle Tafolla of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast.
The center has released several secretly recorded videos that have riled anti-abortion activists and has accused Planned Parenthood of selling fetal tissue for profit, which is illegal. Republicans in Congress last summer unsuccessfully called for cutting off funding for the organization.
Planned Parenthood says it abides by a law that allows providers to be reimbursed for the costs of processing tissue donated by women who have had abortions
  • 6 months later...
On 1/25/2016 at 6:12 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

A felony charge for the founder of the CMP and a misdemeanor for someone who works there, both related to tampering with a governmental record. This might be related to the allegation that CMP lied to the IRS when setting up the organization.

The grand jury also did not hand down indictments against Planned Parenthood after an investigation into the videos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/grand-jury-indicts-leader-behind-planned-parenthood-videos/2016/01/25/8adf9392-c3b0-11e5-b933-31c93021392a_story.html

By Paul J. Weber | AP January 25 at 5:24 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — A Houston grand jury investigating undercover footage of Planned Parenthood found no wrongdoing Monday by the abortion provider but instead indicted anti-abortion activists involved in making the videos that provoked outrage among Republican leaders nationwide.

David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, was indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs. Another activist, Sandra Merritt, was also indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record.

Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson didn’t specify what record or records were allegedly tampered with in a statement announcing the indictment.

“We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast,” Anderson said. “As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us.”

The Center for Medical Progress is the anti-abortion group that released covertly shot videos of Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research. A phone message left with the group wasn’t immediately returned.

Planned Parenthood announced on Jan. 14 it is suing the Center for Medical Progress, the group responsible for heavily edited and secretly filmed videos claiming the abortion provider illegally sells fetal tissue. Here’s what they want. (The Washington Post)
Planned Parenthood officials swiftly hailed the indictment as just.

“This is absolutely great news because it is a demonstration of what Planned Parenthood has said from the very beginning, we follow every law and regulation and these anti-abortion activists broke multiple laws to try and spread lies,” said spokeswoman Rochelle Tafolla of Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast.

The center has released several secretly recorded videos that have riled anti-abortion activists and has accused Planned Parenthood of selling fetal tissue for profit, which is illegal. Republicans in Congress last summer unsuccessfully called for cutting off funding for the organization.

Planned Parenthood says it abides by a law that allows providers to be reimbursed for the costs of processing tissue donated by women who have had abortions

Really Trout?  

Planned Parenthood’s own attorney admitted in sworn filings that the nation’s largest abortion provider actively colluded with Houston prosecutors during the bogus investigation of Daleiden.

After the trumped-up charges against Daleiden were announced, over130,000 people signed a petition demanding that all charges against Daleiden be dropped and that prosecutors bring charges against the Planned Parenthood abortionists who repeatedly conspired on camera to illegally traffic body parts ripped from unborn babies.

On 7/26/2016 at 5:12 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Planned Parenthood abortionists who repeatedly conspired on camera to illegally traffic body parts ripped from unborn babies.

What does it take for some people to see a group of pregnant women in the waiting room at an abortion clinic & think to themselves, "How can I turn a profit from this?...I know I'll sell their fetus' or whatever is left of them."

22 hours ago, dozer said:

What does it take for some people to see a group of pregnant women in the waiting room at an abortion clinic & think to themselves, "How can I turn a profit from this?...I know I'll sell their fetus' or whatever is left of them."

What does it take for anyone getting an abortion after around 17 weeks?  Have an ultrasound at 17 weeks and tell me that isn't a person.  

6 minutes ago, kicker said:

What does it take for anyone getting an abortion after around 17 weeks?  Have an ultrasound at 17 weeks and tell me that isn't a person.  

I don't understand why it isn't mandatory for liberal dems to just carry around the morning after pill (ru486) as to avoid these 2nd trimester to late term abortions?  That goes for Repubs too although their aren't as many as them using abortion as a form of birth control.  

This is coming from a pro choice guy, just so you know.