What Is To Stop Carolina Panthers From Dominating The Nfc South For Next 5 Years?

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyi jerseyno12, there's countless more. I just figured maybe there was a chance that you sincerely didn't realize just how much d baggery Cam has perpetrated so I figured I would provide some support. He's just not the type of guy I would hitch my wagon to. Even if cam was a Falcon, I would still call it for what it was. Even if he got us a super bowl, I would appreciate it sure, but that doesn't change anything.

Ultimately cam is definitely a great player. I gotta say that with what he's done with the receivers he has had this year, he definitely took his game to a new level. Even with Greg Olsen, he's made Ginn almost look deserving of his draft position. Now that's saying something.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

Ultimately,  as strong as the Panthers look, they are still just the flavor of the season.  FOR NOW at least.  People where saying the same thing about the Seahawks just a few years ago.  Personally i thought the hawks looked better at the time compared to how the panties look now. Of course they have the potential to dominate,  but that's a very tall mountain to climb. 

dang predictive text
On 1/25/2016 at 11:42 AM, vafalconfan said:

Newton is having a great year there's no debating that.. However as we saw in our win over them he does not like to get hit. Unlike Ryan, Brady, Rogers and others that get sacked plenty and get up and call the next play, he is not tough. He can run over you because of his size, but if he gets tagged once or twice all of his mechanics go out the window. You don't have to sack him 5 times, just get some pressure in his face and knock him around a little. These divas don't like the rough stuff.

So the answer to the question is unrelenting pass rush.

The problem I see with our scheme is that no matter who we bring in if Quinn never calls a blitz we'll likely see more of the same. More of the same is getting picked apart since all we do is rush the front four..or so it seemed this year.

LMAOOOOOOOO falcons fans man

On 1/27/2016 at 8:48 PM, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Fyi jerseyno12, there's countless more. I just figured maybe there was a chance that you sincerely didn't realize just how much d baggery Cam has perpetrated so I figured I would provide some support. He's just not the type of guy I would hitch my wagon to. Even if cam was a Falcon, I would still call it for what it was. Even if he got us a super bowl, I would appreciate it sure, but that doesn't change anything.

No you wouldn't. Instead, you'd be praising him for being passionate about his team and about WINNING. After all, isn't it clear as day that pouting (as in the case of Cam) or throwing a temper tantrum (as in the case of Brady) demonstrates an absolute disdain for losing?

If you can make that argument for Brady, why not for Cam? Brady is allowed to curse out whoever he wants, but Cam can't hold his head down? And even if he does do that, isn't the mark of a leader one who gets over those things and comes out triumphant, whether it's the next play or the next game?

Not too long ago you said this...

I don't care whether they are captains or savages.  I want winners.  We don't need a team full of nothing but diplomats. Sure,  a few players that the rest look to for leadership  are good to have,  but those types come in all forms and the one variable all of them must have is the will to win.

And you're telling me now that you'd care about Cam's antics even if he was a Falcon and lead this team to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl berth? Ok. I'm sure that's how everyone will see it.

As for your "unanimous" claim...

Before the start of the 2012 season, Cam Newton was ranked the 40th best player in the league on NFL Top 100 Players, his first year of eligibility. Guess who didn't even make the list. That alone should give you a big idea of who the league, or the media, or whomever you blame that list on, respects. BTW, Cam has made the list 3 out of 4 times, including recently for 2015 when he was ranked #73. Where was Ryan ranked? Where do you suppose Cam will be ranked for 2016?

The league doesn't respect Cam Newton? Who are you trying to kid? Heck, even his enemies who supposedly despise him wouldn't attempt to imitate his antics if they didn't respect him, and I know you know what I'm talking about.

Why do I go out of my way to defend a player who plays for a division rival? I'm not sure. Maybe I just respect the guy and acknowledge that, despite his shortcomings and earlier blunders, a guy that's maturing. Maybe I don't like people just throwing dirt on someone and coming up with BS claims to support a point that didn't stand then, and certainly doesn't now. Maybe I personally identify with the guy in a way because even now, in 2016, we're still judging people based on the first thing we see and it's not character. And I'm almost willing to wager that many of those who go out of their way to destroy Cam's character aren't doing it because of some noble intentions, but because they see him as confirming some BS stereotypes and prejudices that existed long before they knew him by name.

I'm done.

15 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

No you wouldn't. Instead, you'd be praising him for being passionate about his team and about WINNING. After all, isn't it clear as day that pouting (as in the case of Cam) or throwing a temper tantrum (as in the case of Brady) demonstrates an absolute disdain for losing?

If you can make that argument for Brady, why not for Cam? Brady is allowed to curse out whoever he wants, but Cam can't hold his head down? And even if he does do that, isn't the mark of a leader one who gets over those things and comes out triumphant, whether it's the next play or the next game?

And you're telling me now that you'd care about Cam's antics even if he was a Falcon and lead this team to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl berth? Ok. I'm sure that's how everyone will see it.

Before the start of the 2012 season, Cam Newton was ranked the 40th best player in the league on NFL Top 100 Players, his first year of eligibility. Guess who didn't even make the list. That alone should give you a big idea of who the league, or the media, or whomever you blame that list on, respects. BTW, Cam has made the list 3 out of 4 times, including recently for 2015 when he was ranked #73. Where was Ryan ranked? Where do you suppose Cam will be ranked for 2016?

The league doesn't respect Cam Newton? Who are you trying to kid? Heck, even his enemies who supposedly despise him wouldn't attempt to imitate his antics if they didn't respect him, and I know you know what I'm talking about.

Why do I go out of my way to defend a player who plays for a division rival? I'm not sure. Maybe I just respect the guy and acknowledge that, despite his shortcomings and earlier blunders, a guy that's maturing. Maybe I don't like people just throwing dirt on someone and coming up with BS claims to support a point that didn't stand then, and certainly doesn't now. Maybe I personally identify with the guy in a way because even now, in 2016, we're still judging people based on the first thing we see and it's not character. And I'm almost willing to wager that many of those who go out of their way to destroy Cam's character aren't doing it because of some noble intentions, but because they see him as confirming some BS stereotypes and prejudices that existed long before they knew him by name.

I'm done.

It would be a nice world if your passion was for World Peace , animal rights, or feeding the hungry. Who gives a crap about Cam Newton? He's a rich spoiled athlete who doesn't care about you. Why do you care about him? 

Sigh....

Cam's a d bag.  That's my opinion.  Period. And as I've proven with countless links apparently there's a good amount of players/fans/media that agree.  I'm not sure what you want from me man. I even specifically said previously that even if he was on my team and won a super bowl I would certainly appreciate it but that would not make him any less of a d bag.  Again, what else can I say?

Also,  for the record I'm almost more in favor of a savage than a d bag,  but i digress. Either way,  we can agree to disagree.  I have nothing against you at all man.  Nor your opinion of another player. Jmo.

1 hour ago, PantherWake said:

There's actually plenty of holes in Cam's game just like most others.  And you sure as **** don't wanna get into a debate about his mechanics/accuracy because that is definitely still an area he needs to work on. Not that he isn't a great player or anything,  or that he won't improve this. Frankly,  when he does he'll be as close to as  unstoppable as we've ever seen.  Basically he's no Aaron Rodgers yet, but when he is,  he'll be a freaking tight end sized Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, PantherWake said:

Yeah that boggled my mind also.   I don't know of anyone else that watches as Cam drags defenders or jumps over entire Dlines..... and actually considers him not a tough player.    Cam has taken some downright nasty hits this season and just kept on leading his #1 offense. 

4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I'm done.

ps: Brady can definitely display his own brand of being a little ***** too. 

For the record, I  don't judge anybody based on any stereotypes/prejudices. I judge strictly by their actions and behavior/maturity level. It's pretty ignorant to be implying what I think you are and I'm strictly  speaking  for myself on this. Nobody brought race into this until you did, and seriously,  what the heck does cam acting like a child have to do with Ryan?  This is laughable man. Nobody's being racist. Cam just needs to grow up.  It's seriously that simple. You  just need to chill with this.  I clearly hit a nerve that I was never intending to.  As I never think that way in any form or fashion,  and I apologize if I came off that way. I don't know you, so I won't pretend to know what you've been through or who you are,  just don't make the mistake of assuming you know likewise about me.  My thoughts couldn't be further from those "prejudices"....on to other topics....smdh...

ridiculousness
4 hours ago, ATL58FAN said:

It would be a nice world if your passion was for World Peace , animal rights, or feeding the hungry. Who gives a crap about Cam Newton? He's a rich spoiled athlete who doesn't care about you. Why do you care about him? 

I made mistake of not reading through his entire post before initially responding, mostly because I was done with the silly debate......THEN I realized  that he explains  exactly why he  is defending Cam so vehemently.  :yikes: 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, Atlfanstckndenver said:
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, Atlfanstckndenver said:
4 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

ps: Brady can definitely display his own brand of being a little ***** too. 

For the record, I  don't judge anybody based on any stereotypes/prejudices. I judge strictly by their actions and behavior/maturity level. It's pretty ignorant to be implying what I think you are and I'm strictly  speaking  for myself on this. Nobody brought race into this until you did, and seriously,  what the heck does cam acting like a child have to do with Ryan?  This is laughable man. Nobody's being racist. Cam just needs to grow up.  It's seriously that simple. You  just need to chill with this.  I clearly hit a nerve that I was never intending to.  As I never think that way in any form or fashion,  and I apologize if I came off that way. I don't know you, so I won't pretend to know what you've been through or who you are,  just don't make the mistake of assuming you know likewise about me.  My thoughts couldn't be further from those "prejudices"....on to other topics....smdh...

Whatever your thoughts are or aren't is your business. If you don't like Cam, then so be it. That's an opinion you're entitled to. I wasn't calling out anyone here specifically, I was just speaking to society in general, which has hardly turned the page completely on race but that's another issue that I won't get into. I only have your word to go on so if what you say is true then I wish there were more people who think like you do.

Personally, I prefer someone with Russell Wilson's demeanor than Cam's. I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, so I'm sorry I came off that way.

The salt in this thread is hilarious man :lol:

15 minutes ago, Chosen1 said:

Regard1ess of Cam acting 1ike a dbag, it has brought winning ways. Gi1 Brandt agees with OP. 

Six teams that will be good for the next three to five years

Yep. Carolina is set up nicely along with those other teams mentioned in the article. The writing is on the wall and some of you don't want to see it because the truth hurts.