The Difference Between Us And The Championship Teams

Guest Mr Plow

Championships are won and lost in the trenches. It doesn't matter if it's 1960 or 2016. It doesn't matter if it's pee wee football or the NFL. That is the way it has always been and that is the way it will always be. The Falcons have haven't had legit NFL quality play in the trenches and that is a fact. It truly is as simple as that.

100% no debating that. It's been the blueprint for winning. This is my top reason for not liking TD. He mostly goes against that blueprint.

The last time we had a good OL and DL, we went to the SB.

All year long I have read thread after thread complaining about Matt Ryan. In all honesty, you guys are clowns, simpletons, and you don't understand NFL football.

The playoffs and the championship games have made it VERY clear. The teams still playing have the ability to pressure the other guys QB ... pressure, pressure, pressure. Brady looked horrible today, and it was all about Denver's pressure.

You guys calling for Renfree to replace Ryan are idiots. If we are truly going to compete for a Lombardi, we have to build a defense that will consistently pressure the other guy's QB. It really is that simple.

A good QB + a good O-line + a great defense = a championship team. People who think replacing Ryan is the answer simply don't understand that it would make the team WAY worse. It's easier to build an O-line around a good QB than it is to find an actual good QB. I agree 100% about pass rush. The Falcons don't have it. Abraham was truly a star on this team. I think many fans took him for granted. Without him, it's very possible the Falcons never have the success they ever had in that 5 year span with Smitty Edited by JD dirtybird21

One thing people forget to mention is depth. When one of our guys goes out due to injury we are done. These teams have depth and good backups.

Well said. Trading draft picks to move up and then not hitting on many picks, along with some bad FA signings, will kill any chance at depth.

Obviously, we need more talented players in several positions, but what we also need is the best decisions on who to hire as coaches. Looking at the Conference games I was impressed at how many players who were not all that highly rated in their drafts have developed into very good players and how well they are melded into a team that is on the same page. Wade Phillips had a masterful defensive plan to confuse and effectively shut down Brady, and the Panthers played together as' one'. Lot of that has to be good coaching ACROSS the board. Quinn probably makes those selections, but if Shanahan is any indication, he needs help, especially as a new HC.

All year long I have read thread after thread complaining about Matt Ryan. In all honesty, you guys are clowns, simpletons, and you don't understand NFL football.

The playoffs and the championship games have made it VERY clear. The teams still playing have the ability to pressure the other guys QB ... pressure, pressure, pressure. Brady looked horrible today, and it was all about Denver's pressure.

You guys calling for Renfree to replace Ryan are idiots. If we are truly going to compete for a Lombardi, we have to build a defense that will consistently pressure the other guy's QB. It really is that simple.

We can win with Renfree if we had a oline and a dline

The most amazing thing is every single fan can see plainly that Championship teams have great lines, but here in Atlanta that simple fact eluded TD and company for almost a decade now.

Ryan's epitaph as an NFL QB will bear that simple message. TD should read his eulogy when his career is over.

Neither Denver nor New England nor Arizona had a great OL.....

And Carolina's "great OL" is a mishmash of pieces thrown together.

Neither Denver nor New England nor Arizona had a great OL.....

And Carolina's "great OL" is a mishmash of pieces thrown together.

If New England had a great O-line, they likely win yesterday's game. I think having a great o-line is extremely important. If you want your QB to be at his absolute best on a consistent basis. Keep him comfortable and protected.

The difference between us and the championship teams is that the Falcons suck, always have sucked, always will suck. Because they're an Atlanta sports team. Atlanta sports teams don't usually make noise in the playoffs.

Seattle was bad and had no history before Carroll got there. Red Sox didn't win in forever, Patriots were a mediocre franchise before Belichick and Brady showed up. Just get the right coaches and players and the culture changes instantly.