Julio Jones- Potential Hall Of Fame Inductee?

gazoo

Everyone note the question mark in the thread title. Julio Jones has not done enough to be in the Hall of Fame at this point and we all know this.

The question is, after seeing Julio Jomes play 5 seasons, have you seen enough from him to feel he has a ***reasonable chance*** if he continues playing this way another 5-7 years to be a Hall of Fame inductee?

Let's take a look at some facts. I looked up the top 20 WR's of all time in the HOF.

Rod Smith was #15

797 catches/ 10,877 yards/ 65 TDs / 11 seasons

Michael Irvin was #18

750 catches / 11,904 yards / 65 TDs / 12 seasons

Keyshawn Johnson was #20

744 catches / 9,756 yards / 60 TDs / 10 seasons

Julio Jones

414 catches / 6201 yards / 34 TDs / 5 seasons

Career Projections for Julio (based on first 5 seasons)

818 catches / 12,402 yards / 68 TDs / 10 seasons

993 catches / 14,882 yards / 81 TDs / 12 seasons

If Julio just keeps playing like he has been for 5 more seasons he will already eclipse the top 20 WRs of all time currently in the HOF. If he plays another 7 seasons like many wide receivers do, he'll be up near the top 10 WRs of all time innthe HOF.

So I ask, is it too soon to think there is a reasonable chance Julio Jones could be a Hall of Fame player for the Falcons?

If it was 'based' in winning, how did Lee Roy Selmon get in? It's 'based' in the voters voting for who they want to vote for.

If two receivers with the exact same stats are both up for induction, the guy with the ring is getting in. That is why I said 'its not JUST based on stats' I never said it's just based on winning.

If it was 'based' in winning, how did Lee Roy Selmon get in? It's 'based' in the voters voting for who they want to vote for.

yeah, there are a lot of players in the HOF that never won the big dance or won far less games per season than Julio Jones has in his 5 years.

Chris Carter comes to mind. The only thing OJ Simpson ever won was a jury trial.

Not sure on Brandon Marshall...

Fitz has a very memorable playoff run and looks like he's about to make another one.

Fitz' run in that playoffs was absolutely insane

Game 1 - 6 rec 102 yards 1 TD

Game 2 - 8 rec 166 yards 1 TD

Game 3 - 9 rec 152 yards 3 TD

Superbowl - 7 rec 127 yards 2 TD

Yea, if Julio has a run like that he's got a chance.

Fitz' run in that playoffs was absolutely insane

Game 1 - 6 rec 102 yards 1 TD

Game 2 - 8 rec 166 yards 1 TD

Game 3 - 9 rec 152 yards 3 TD

Superbowl - 7 rec 127 yards 2 TD

Yea, if Julio has a run like that he's got a chance.

Yeah, dude snapped that playoffs and he's looking like he'll have another.

Hope we see more 9ers type performances for more than 2 quarters out of 11 if we ever get back to the offs.

He will need at least 13,000 career yards, and dEfinitely has a real chance if he stays healthy.

I just hope he isn't heard back because he plays for the Falcons, rather than one of the media darling teams. I can't help feeling that Falcons players need to do at least 20% more than others to get the same level of recognition.

Julio can be a hall of famer, obviously he has the potential as being one of the leagues best wide receivers. But I do think he will need to at some point at least get to a SB. Lets not forget that Calvin Johnson currently holds the single season record for receiving yards and that is big plus for your hall of fame resume when you have a league record to your credit.

It sort of puts things in perspective with the critics of the trade who feel we shouldn't have done it. The trade brough us a potential Hall of Fame Wide Receiver.

Also, you know TD knew the 2012 draft was weak and ultimately was loaded with busts in the first round, so trading our #1 pick in 2012 was unquestionably part of his calculus on the trade.

In 1989 we picked Deion Sanders who was the last draft pick by Falcons to get in HOF.