Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Championship Game Sunday Thread

1,095 posts in this topic

except it seems I'm in the majority and not the minority.

Taking pics during games, running up and down the sidelines during defensive stops, and 20 second dances after first downs? How much is too much?

Not to mention dude is a poor sport who sprinted off the field not saying a word after we whopped up on them.

The pics are the only thing that bug me and that's not just cam.

You're in a game. The other team is still playing. Seems a little classless to be group posing for the media.

Some people genuinely don't seem to notice the difference. Players and teams in this league literally do not like Cam and inherently the Panthers (mostly cam). If they are fans they call it "hating." In reality it's just that acting douchey isn't exactly endearing. Lol it's REALLY simple. Again what qb has ever snatch and grabbed an opposing fans property (banner) and ran away with it like a little snot nosed kid? Seriously, there's countless examples of why "poor hated cam" brings it upon himself. I couldn't care less if he wins a ring or not personally. The guy has all the talent in the world. I'm glad for him. Just don't respect him. Just like the majority of people. You can respect his talent but not the person.

It's also annoying how terrible he behaves when the show is on the other foot.

Remember pouty cam when they sucked? Lol

Falcons had a top 5 ppg defense in '12.. Their ppg defense was ranked higher than the Panthers ppg defense this season.

It is a qb vs qb kind of thing. Cam inspires his teammates.. they are willing to go into battle for him. He keeps his team loose and free spirited, yet focused as well. He elevates his offense.. and even players on his defense have stated that he motivates them as well.

Ryan is a good qb.. I just don't see his play inspiring or motivating his teammates.

You must mean the year we gave up 30 ppg in the playoffs? Hmm

Falcons had a top 5 ppg defense in '12.. Their ppg defense was ranked higher than the Panthers ppg defense this season.

It is a qb vs qb kind of thing. Cam inspires his teammates.. they are willing to go into battle for him. He keeps his team loose and free spirited, yet focused as well. He elevates his offense.. and even players on his defense have stated that he motivates them as well.

Ryan is a good qb.. I just don't see his play inspiring or motivating his teammates.

Thanks for answering that. The butt hurt is strong with the fact that Cam made it to the super bowl and Ryan hasn't. As you can clearly see, I was clearly pointing a finger at the front office more than Ryan. But the Ryanette's always blow it out of proportion.

Thanks for answering that. The butt hurt is strong with the fact that Cam made it to the super bowl and Ryan hasn't. As you can clearly see, it I was clearly pointing a finger at the front office more than Ryan. But the Ryanette's always blow it out of proportion.

Yeah... you have got to be careful with that. If you say anything less than glowing and in the paragraph the name 'Ryan" appears... well you are instantly branded a hater by all those with a Matt Ryan poster hanging in their bedroom and his bobble-head on their desk.

Yeah... you have got to be careful with that. If you say anything less than glowing and in the paragraph the name 'Ryan" appears... well you are instantly branded a hater by all those with a Matt Ryan poster hanging in their bedroom and his bobble-head on their desk.

You are correct. But the thing is I really don't care about many of the groupies here ready to attack when you mention Ryan and they don't agree. I think it is funny. While posting in this thread last night, it was fun reading the hate pour toward Cam. I definitely understand the hate, he can be arrogant at times and plays for a division rival. But I think most of the hate here is because Cam is slowly becoming what many thought Ryan would be. JMHO

except it seems I'm in the majority and not the minority.

Taking pics during games, running up and down the sidelines during defensive stops, and 20 second dances after first downs? How much is too much?

Not to mention dude is a poor sport who sprinted off the field not saying a word after we whopped up on them.

I'm surprised we haven't seen some hotheaded LB or DE say 'screw it, I'll take the fine' and blindside him during one of his celebratory parades

You are correct. But the thing is I really don't care about many of the groupies here ready to attack when you mention Ryan and they don't agree. I think it is funny. While posting in this thread last night, it was fun reading the hate pour toward Cam. I definitely understand the hate, he can be arrogant at times and plays for a division rival. But I think most of the hate here is because Cam is slowly becoming what many thought Ryan would be. JMHO

Well there's that....and a lot of other reasons. It's not just because Cam is great and Ryan and is a bit less than great. A lot of it is genuine dislike of him because of the way he acted when he first

came into the league with the sulking and pouting, and the whole notion of celebrating every first down and taking selfies on the sidelines. Despite the claims of people having racist or jealousy

motivated feelings about him, there are a lot of legitimate reasons people dislike Cam Newton that involve none of those things. There's something about being humble and showing humility in victory that appeals to people, and something about trying to show up the vanquished that doesn't.

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

Well there's that....and a lot of other reasons. It's not just because Cam is great and Ryan and is a bit less than great. A lot of it is genuine dislike of him because of the way he acted when he first

came into the league with the sulking and pouting, and the whole notion of celebrating every first down and taking selfies on the sidelines. Despite the claims of people having racist or jealousy

motivated feelings about him, there are a lot of legitimate reasons people dislike Cam Newton that involve none of those things. There's something about being humble and showing humility in victory that appeals to people, and something about trying to show up the vanquished that doesn't.

Good post

Bah, the entire Panther's team is filled with a bunch of show boating punks, and I would like nothing more than Peyton to take them to the woodshed and show then what class when winning means....BUT even if the Panties do win it all, there will always be the fact that WE spoiled their perfect season. It may not be much, but it's better than them being undefeated AND winning the SB.

Bah, the entire Panther's team is filled with a bunch of show boating punks, and I would like nothing more than Peyton to take them to the woodshed and show then what class when winning means....BUT even if the Panties do win it all, there will always be the fact that WE spoiled their perfect season. It may not be much, but it's better than them being undefeated AND winning the SB.

Replace MR with Peyton and that is chance you have of ruining a Panties SB. I'm glad the Falcons were offended by the Pantie antics and won a game.

Real talk...Falcons will be the only team w/o a SB in the NFCS IMHO.

Lol, it's only showboating when you're on the losing side. I wonder how Panthers' fans felt when they saw Matt Ryan tell them to "get the F off our field" a couple of years ago. Probably not much different from how some of you feel about Cam.

sawdawg680 and Mid-Nite-Toker like this

I didn't know anything about that. I was talking about what he did after the Seahawks game.

I think there's more to it than that. I've of course never been a big fan of rival players, but with cam it's completely different. Take Drew Brees for example. The guy has been hated on plenty for these last 8 years or so but imo it's completely different than what is happening with cam. Despite my dislike for Brees all these years, i can't help but have an immense respect for not only the player on the field, but the person off it as well. Of course you won't see me voluntarily bringing up Brees just to complement him, but if I'm being honest, I have to say that Drew is an example of what you people are talking about when you claim that if he was a falcon everybody would love him. I agree with that if we where talking about Drew. With cam though, I can 100% honestly say that I would not be a fan of his personality and bravado even if he where a Falcon. I'd like any and all winning that he brought with him of course, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't dislike his ***** bag personality suddenly. A ***** is a *****. I can distinguish that whether he's on my team or not.

I didn't know anything about that. I was talking about what he did after the Seahawks game.

Now you've got me curious, what are you talking about? What happened after the Seahawks game?