Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Championship Game Sunday Thread

1,095 posts in this topic

Hopefully the Broncos study the Falcons 2nd game against Carolina. Take away Cam's rushing lanes, make sure Olsen is double covered and put your best corner on Ginn. I think the Broncos can shutdown Cam but I don't see how old man Peyton can score against that Panthers defense anything short of Demaryius Thomas turning into Julio Jones. Should be a good game but go Broncos! Can't have Panties fans posting the Lombardi trophy on our posts like Aints and Sucs fans already do.

Hopefully the Carolina team that showed up to play us that week shows up at the Super Bowl.

Well, you're offended by it, others are entertained. Perspective is an interesting thing.

except it seems I'm in the majority and not the minority.

Taking pics during games, running up and down the sidelines during defensive stops, and 20 second dances after first downs? How much is too much?

Not to mention dude is a poor sport who sprinted off the field not saying a word after we whopped up on them.

I enjoy it. Its a lot of fun to me, the wife, and the kids. In fact most I personally know up close enjoy it. Now, if you don't like him for whatever reason, I can see it being irksome. I notice a lot of people who said he would suck, or had some issue with him on a personal level have an issue with his celebrations. To me his celebrations are a throwback to guys back in the late 80's and early 90's I use to enjoy.

His celebrations last year, and years prior bugged me... this year... dude has been unstoppable... more power to him.

Knight of God likes this

Its like the Seattle fan. I like Seattle too, but I kow that is not a team of humilty either...lol. Its always annoying when you are losing.

Right!! It seems that when you're on the end of losing, everything annoys you.

Three reasons Cam gets love around here...

1) He is from Atlanta, so is a good few of this fanbase.

2) He is from Atlanta, plays QB, and is actually good...

3) He is genuinely likable to people who are also genuinely likable.

Sorry, but #3......lol
TifosiMW likes this

I'm not the only crying about how hard it is to be a Falcons fan because I didn't have to endure the 60s/70s and 80s when the Falcons had like 5 winning seasons total. I would feel dumb if I were crying about being a fan of a team that has a winning record in the time span that I've been a fan. Oh and I turn 29 in March and can remember all the way back to 95 of being a fan of the Falcons.

Do you remember the Jeff George/ June Jones sideline altercation in '96?

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Taking pics during games, running up and down the sidelines during defensive stops, and 20 second dances after first downs? How much is too much?

Not to mention dude is a poor sport who sprinted off the field not saying a word after we whopped up on them.

Some people genuinely don't seem to notice the difference. Players and teams in this league literally do not like Cam and inherently the Panthers (mostly cam). If they are fans they call it "hating." In reality it's just that acting douchey isn't exactly endearing. Lol it's REALLY simple. Again what qb has ever snatch and grabbed an opposing fans property (banner) and ran away with it like a little snot nosed kid? Seriously, there's countless examples of why "poor hated cam" brings it upon himself. I couldn't care less if he wins a ring or not personally. The guy has all the talent in the world. I'm glad for him. Just don't respect him. Just like the majority of people. You can respect his talent but not the person.

He actually did say something to Matt Ryan after the game.

Its like the Seattle fan. I like Seattle too, but I kow that is not a team of humilty either...lol. Its always annoying when you are losing.

Like I said last week, if Cam and our team did those things the guys on here crying about it wouldn't have a problem with it. They only have a problem with it because he's on a rival team.

Some people genuinely don't seem to notice the difference. Players and teams in this league literally do not like Cam and inherently the Panthers (mostly cam). If they are fans they call it "hating." In reality it's just that acting douchey isn't exactly endearing. Lol it's REALLY simple. Again what qb has ever snatch and grabbed an opposing fans property (banner) and ran away with it like a little snot nosed kid? Seriously, there's countless examples of why "poor hated cam" brings it upon himself. I couldn't care less if he wins a ring or not personally. The guy has all the talent in the world. I'm glad for him. Just don't respect him. Just like the majority of people. You can respect his talent but not the person.

Someone gave Cam the flag. He didn't snatch it away from anyone.

Who would have thought that Cam would lead his team to a super bowl win before Ryan and this franchise? TD, you and the front office are on the clock.

And theres your answer. People want to make this a Ryan vs. Cam thing. Imagine Ryan being backed by a D like this in 2012.

The difference isn't talent at QB, it's that Carolina stayed the course, while our clown show FO has been stumbling through an 8 year identity crisis.

ltstorm2 likes this

And theres your answer. People want to make this a Ryan vs. Cam thing. Imagine Ryan being backed by a D like this in 2012.

The difference isn't talent at QB, it's that Carolina stayed the course, while our clown show FO has been stumbling through an 8 year identity crisis.

Falcons had a top 5 ppg defense in '12.. Their ppg defense was ranked higher than the Panthers ppg defense this season.

It is a qb vs qb kind of thing. Cam inspires his teammates.. they are willing to go into battle for him. He keeps his team loose and free spirited, yet focused as well. He elevates his offense.. and even players on his defense have stated that he motivates them as well.

Ryan is a good qb.. I just don't see his play inspiring or motivating his teammates.

Mid-Nite-Toker and FalconinPA like this

Falcons had a top 5 ppg defense in '12.. Their ppg defense was ranked higher than the Panthers ppg defense this season.

It is a qb vs qb kind of thing. Cam inspires his teammates.. they are willing to go into battle for him. He keeps his team loose and free spirited, yet focused as well. He elevates his offense.. and even players on his defense have stated that he motivates them as well.

Ryan is a good qb.. I just don't see his play inspiring or motivating his teammates.

Well said!

In a nutshell, this is it. ^^^

And when you say "staying the course", that means being patient with a coach that started with two losing seasons, then a 12-4 season with an early playoff exit, then regressing to 7-8-1 (with a 3-8-1 start) .

I got $50 on Arizona. After sitting back looking at both teams I feel that Arizona has the better overall team. I don't think(at least I hope not) Carolina will be able to contain all of Arizona offensive weapons

Lol what in the world made you think the cards had a chance against the panthers? Seriously. Palmer is a choker, and that panthers offense is rolling everybody.

Palmer makes worse decisions than MR2, true story.

That's a worthwhile discussion....truth, both can't get it done.

Dalton is in the Palmer, Ryan discussion....not clutch.

MR is at least somewhat healthy...you see TATF I can give MR kudos.

Lol what in the world made you think the cards had a chance against the panthers? Seriously. Palmer is a choker, and that panthers offense is rolling everybody.

I wish I was a betting man. That was the easiest bet of the season. Only a fool would think an Arizona team that struggled at home against the mediocre Packers would go on the road to beat this juggernaut. Now, Carolina has corrected their one flaw of blowing big leads. I think Denver is in for another disappointment.

That's a worthwhile discussion....truth, both can't get it done.

Dalton is in the Palmer, Ryan discussion....not clutch.

MR is at least somewhat healthy...you see TATF I can give MR kudos.

Yuck, i don't like it. Take it back.

Awwwwwww!!!!! Shyt!!!

Yuck, i don't like it. Take it back.

MR is healthy and apologetic....I like that about him.

That's my only hope...MR is righteous. He lacks significant gifts and Mike Vick's transgressions won't help him.