Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Championship Game Sunday Thread

1,095 posts in this topic

Not a fan. Have never been all that impressed with him. He had a few moments but had plenty of head stratchers as well.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm still curious as to how far he drops, who gets him, and how well he will do.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I think you meant USC.

If the NFC South is the SEC of the NFL then the Falcons are currently Vanderbuilt.... The doormat of the division.

The division record this year certainly backs that up

We need a big black mobile QB who has a rocket arm. Cam Newton, Jameis WInston are leading the trend towards that right now and its working.

Posts like this are never going to work here. I let almost everything go in a game day thread myself but there are limits to what I will let slide by.

Im just seeing what im seeing with my eyes. The slow, immobile wobbly QB doesnt work into today's NFL. Dont bring up Peyton Manning - his Defense is what saves him every game. Look at Russell Wilson and the Seahawks who have made the SB 2 of the past 3 years. Truth is in the pudding. The game has changed and it requires a different type of QB to be successful.

Did you talk about Peyton's defense and then say Russell has been to 2 SBs the next breath?

Hella stupid.

Falconsfan567 likes this

If the NFC South is the SEC of the NFL then the Falcons are currently Vanderbuilt.... The doormat of the division.

The division record this year certainly backs that up

I see where you are coming from, but historically... Actually they both suck so it really doesn't matter.

He's probably going to have 6 straight title runs after this year which impressive no matter how you slice it. Nobodies saying he's MJ but Cam isn't the LBJ of football yet either.

and lose to the Warriors or Spurs again in the finals
Falconsfan567 likes this

The stupid part is the thing about having to be a big black QB to be successful in the NFL. You talk about Wilson and he's anything but big. You don't have to be black to be mobile either.

I took it as a joke but I agree with you on this one. Football transcends race, I remember when blacks were not smart enough to play QB. I didn't believe that and I've seen enough from Rodgers and others to dispel stereotypes about mobility.

Why is it that when any QB always has a bad game folks here say he's pulling a Matt Ryan? It's just dumb.

I think this is why do many fans get annoyed with the constant cam newton love.

You root for cam but constantly **** on your own QB. Nahhhh that shot don't fly.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Yeah probably

Lebron should be ecstatic that he lives in the "flash over substance" generation.

When it's all said and done his finals record is going to be absolutely horrendous, but I don't think anyone will care.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm still curious as to how far he drops, who gets him, and how well he will do.

I think he could do well if he goes to a team coached by a great QB coach like Andy Reid in KC. Although I really hope Aaron Murray gets a shot in KC while Reid is till there. I think Murray can play!

Knight of God likes this

I think this is why do many fans get annoyed with the constant cam newton love.

You root for cam but constantly **** on your own QB. Nahhhh that shot don't fly.

Three reasons Cam gets love around here...

1) He is from Atlanta, so is a good few of this fanbase.

2) He is from Atlanta, plays QB, and is actually good...

3) He is genuinely likable to people who are also genuinely likable.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Oh good grief. He hasn't endured losing. He's only been a fan for 11 years and the Falcons have a winning record in that time span!

says the guy who was happy we didn't make the playoffs

I think he could do well if he goes to a team coached by a great QB coach like Andy Reid in KC. Although I really hope Aaron Murray gets a shot in KC while Reid is till there. I think Murray can play!

Just about thinking he will be in New Orleans.

Okay?

Lebron should be ecstatic that he lives in the "flash over substance" generation.

When it's all said and done his finals record is going to be absolutely horrendous, but I don't think anyone will care.

Yeah but it's not like you could put most of the losses on him. By and large he's played well. In any case Cam has zero ring till at least two weeks. Lets not call him MJ, Curry, Lebron of football.

says the guy who was happy we didn't make the playoffs

Happy the Falcons didn't make the playoffs? Where did I ever say I was happy that the Falcons didn't make the playoffs? Please I want to see this. The only thing I said was that I think the Falcons season overall was successful given a first year coach and all the new players and that I'm excited for 2016.

Taking 20 seconds to dance for a first down isn't that likable bro. He's starting to fall under that Matthew Dellavedova territroy. Where something just irks you about him, and he's extremely lucky that an opposing player hasn't taken him out for his antics.

yeah don't talk about what he did in 2012. Don't bring up the turnovers, because Cam has them this postseason too. Difference is he has a decent defense.

Seriously, Cam could run for the 1st down in that situation Cam loves the bright lights and is a proven winner. He won at the high school level, juco level, NCAA level the dude brings the same championship mentality as Brady, Roth and Rodgers.

Ryan does not have this but that doesn't mean we can't win with him. It just takes a whole lot to make it happen.