Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Championship Game Sunday Thread

1,095 posts in this topic

I think it's important to see how this Broncos offense operates with Manning at the helm. We're looking at the same offense, as well as a previously effective passer who struggled mightily in said offense. Many want to say it was all because of the injuries, but that was most definitely not the case according to Manning himself in a recent radio interview.

Sidenote, that Brady interception was very similar to a Ryan pick.

Manning is not going to use injuries as an excuse for poor play but you could tell it since midway through the 2014 season that Peyton's arm strength is severely lacking which has caused a lot of issues for him.

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

Denver showing why you need 2 marquee DE's. Denver has gotten really good pressure with just 3 or 4 guys rushing. Not to mention Miller dropping into coverage and coming up with an Int.

The Falcons need to target another DE or DL guy that is a legit pass rusher. Pressure and sacks win games PERIOD.

Denver showing why you need 2 marquee DE's. Denver has gotten really good pressure with just 3 or 4 guys rushing. Not to mention Miller dropping into coverage and coming up with an Int.

The Falcons need to target another DE or DL guy that is a legit pass rusher. Pressure and sacks win games PERIOD.

The board would implode if we put a pass rusher in coverage though

Manning is not going to use injuries as an excuse for poor play but you could tell it since midway through the 2014 season that Peyton's arm strength is severely lacking which has caused a lot of issues for him.

Injuries undeniably played a part. No question about it, but so did the new offense. Which he has admitted to.

If the pass rusher can cover (unlike Bierman), then I'm all for it. That INT was beautiful, and like the announcer said it fooled Brady.

Even this year our DE's have dropped into coverage. Beasley got his INT that way earlier this year.

Even this year our DE's have dropped into coverage. Beasley got his INT that way earlier this year.

I know and I heard moaning about Beasley all the way up to his INT

I remember when people complained about Smith dropping pass rushers into coverage but wishing **** Lebeau came here...the man who pioneered zone blitzing.

People basically complain about the plays that didn't work and praise the plays that did, attributing everything to play call. Unless they hate the play caller, then all positive things happened in spite of the play call.

ZoneOne01 likes this