Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Championship Game Sunday Thread

1,095 posts in this topic

I hope Carson Palmer breaks every record in NFL History today.

600 passing yards, 300 rushing yards, 350 receiving yards, 10 total TDs, 8 sacks, and 6 INTs for Palmer. Let's GOOO.
Shuswap likes this

I want one more game against Brady. Don't believe we have ever beat the Pats while Brady has been there.

Unfortunately nope.

2001 - In Atlanta - Patriots Won 24-10 - They sacked Chandler and Vick 9 times that day.

2005 - In Atlanta - Patriots Won 31-28 - Matt Schaub played great that day though. Michael Koenen made a 58-yard FG that was wiped out by a TO and he ended up missing the next attempt. Then there was also that horrible call late in the game when they claimed Schaub stepped out of bounces and he was nowhere near the sideline.

2009 - In New England - Patriots won 26-10 - Another one of the many games of the Mike Smith era in which the Falcons were in it at halftime (13-10 NE) and then didn't show up in the 2nd half.

2013 - In Atlanta - Patriots Won 30-23 - Matt Ryan passed for 421 yards but no running game and no defense allowed the Patriots to win.

I think it's important to see how this Broncos offense operates with Manning at the helm. We're looking at the same offense, as well as a previously effective passer who struggled mightily in said offense. Many want to say it was all because of the injuries, but that was most definitely not the case according to Manning himself in a recent radio interview.

Sidenote, that Brady interception was very similar to a Ryan pick.