Nfl.com Mock Has Us Taking Lawson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be alright with that --- or, we could trade down and get Mississippi DT, Robert Nkemdeche at pick 19. He has so-called character flaws, but I think Quinn could keep that in check --- besides, we could use a little "nasty" on that D-line.....and maybe get an extra pick to boot...

Edited by FalconJim

I would be alright with that --- or, we could trade down and get Mississippi DT, Robert Nkemdeche at pick 19. He has so-called character flaws, but I think Quinn could keep that in check --- besides, we could use a little "nasty" on that D-line.....and maybe get an extra pick to boot...

I'm happy at DT: Soliai, Hageman, Babs and Jarrett are enough I think. Now DE, yeah, we need one...

I'm happy at DT: Soliai, Hageman, Babs and Jarrett are enough I think. Now DE, yeah, we need one...

Well I think that Nkemdiche is truly a DE. Probably cause I played high school football in the county with him and even though we didn't play against him we played several teams that did so I watched a lot of legit tape of him in his high school days. They made him gain weight at Ole Miss and turned him into a DT/DE hybrid that could just go against interior lineman and dominate them physically. I think he could drop some weight and get back under 300 and play a perfect 5 tech for us. I have the obvious bias towards him but I think he was the top prospect in the draft till the Defenestration in the ATL. If he's there we should 100% grab him as long as Myles Jack isn't there (who I also am biased towards cause I went to middle school with him). Vic Grady Shede and Nkemdiche could end up being the top DL in the league some day.

Also fun fact about Myles Jack. In 8th grade we have 3 teams for the school and the top one is division 1 and the other two play d2 8th grade team. He wasn't even on the top team and now he might be a top 10 draft pick

Edited by Colin_Pernett

Well I think that Nkemdiche is truly a DE. Probably cause I played high school football in the county with him and even though we didn't play against him we played several teams that did so I watched a lot of legit tape of him in his high school days. They made him gain weight at Ole Miss and turned him into a DT/DE hybrid that could just go against interior lineman and dominate them physically. I think he could drop some weight and get back under 300 and play a perfect 5 tech for us. I have the obvious bias towards him but I think he was the top prospect in the draft till the Defenestration in the ATL. If he's there we should 100% grab him as long as Myles Jack isn't there (who I also am biased towards cause I went to middle school with him). Vic Grady Shede and Nkemdiche could end up being the top DL in the league some day.

Also fun fact about Myles Jack. In 8th grade we have 3 teams for the school and the top one is division 1 and the other two play d2 8th grade team. He wasn't even on the top team and now he might be a top 10 draft pick

We gotta go woth Nkemdiche if hes there at 17. I would use him as our early down LE then kick him inside on obvious passing downs. Imagine signing Irvin and drafting Nkemdiche. On obvious passing downs we could roll out Beasley Jarett Nkmediche Irvin. Would be dope. But I think after the combine Nkemdiche will solidify himself as a top 10 pick. Way to much upside.

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Decision: Take a player with great talent and excellent work ethic, or drop down several spots, gain a 4th or 5th rounder and pick a player that does not put his craft high on his list of priorities.

No thanks, I'll take Lawson and wish Nkemdeche luck.

Nkemdiche remind me of a more athletic hageman.... All the talent in the word but can you tap into that pure talent and develop a beast ... And is he willing to work hard to become that beast

Atljbo!..... This!!! I don't want any parts of diche, he has the same bust factor as hageman, and we don't need another one of those...dude is powerful but raw and not high motor at all + character**, when the play is a yard behind him, its over for him...he gives the least amount of effort possible to flash... DO NOT WANT.

strong safety. We want a Kam Chancellor type of safety and he is just that. I know some scouts think he is a better LB prospect. What you think?

Yep, I think that SS in Quinn's scheme would be the perfect fit for him.

It will allow him to use his LB instincts, but also roam the field as an enforcer while utilizing both his coverage ability and his very physical style.

He is what the Falcons defense is missing, along with some fast flowing LBs that can tackle and a disruptive LE.