Eagles Wanna Keep Curry

brown bomber

Happens every year - you look at free agency and go "OK, a few impact players at position X and Y that we need - then the current teams either re-sign or franchise and then there is just a few players left that you don't like as well - then you are overbidding for a player you don't like as much - aka Ray Edwards or Dunta Robinson.

Happens every year - you look at free agency and go "OK, a few impact players at position X and Y that we need - then the current teams either re-sign or franchise and then there is just a few players left that you don't like as well - then you are overbidding for a player you don't like as much - aka Ray Edwards or Dunta Robinson.

I agree that counting on FA lists this early will often leave you disappointed, but there will also be guys who get released that weren't expected...cap casualties, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Predictable Fletcher Cox is next he's going to get a mammoth deal.

Mind you if they go this way it's all hail the draft for a QB.

FA is definitely off the books for a QB now.

Cox just got a 102 mil deal I think.. Well they are finishing the deal

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Thats what I'm thinking. The Eagles are setting the market high for a dude who is not even an elite pass rusher.

Big Cat & Oliver Vernon's agents are laughing right now there going to get at least 5-10 mill more guaranteed $$$$$ than Cox.

FA wow why not just call it a free for all we can forget the high end it's mid tier and the scarey thing that's where I saw a guy like Curry at the high end of mid tier but man he's nie on getting top tier $$$$$.

Agreed you best believe Irvin isn't leaving cash on the table after this FA period.

37 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The eagles just screwed some things up .... Irvin is gonna get paid

Vinny Curry's new deal should be a good data point for @BIrvin_WVU11.

Bruce Irvin

You called it bro...

Edited by FentayeJones

Yeah, I've been amused by the FA contract assumptions of some Mocks....  seems most football fans just don't realize that recent history shows that even good FAs are getting MEGA Contracts now, and every year they just keep increasing.  If we want Bruce Irvin it will cost at least 7 to 8 mil per is my guess