Potential Underrated Signings

WOR

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Buffalo. A very good athlete, was very raw coming out of FSU and has progressed nicely.

Nick Perry, DE/OLB, Green Bay - former first round pick from USC, good athlete. Hasnt played bad, but has not beaten out 2nd round pick Mike Neal, who is also a FA and would be nice.

Niles Paul, TE, Washington - another good athlete who looked good filling in for Reed during his injuries.

I would love Jones, Sanu, Benjamin or Matthews at WR, but Givens and Quick would be decent options in this offense too.

Jeff Allen at guard has been great for KC this year. He's been a starter, so not sure if he fits, though.

Jarvis Jenkins, Nick Fairley, Red Bryant, Damon Harrison, Ahtyba Rubin, Henry Melton... Solid depth on the D-line.

If you could keep Emmanuel Lamur healthy then he's a great player. Same with Nick Perry.

I'd like to see us go after WR Reuben Randle.

He just spent the past two years learning this system.

Yep. I've mentioned him in a few different threads on here recently. I think he's got the potential to be a really solid #2. He's not crazy fast, but he's got good size, he can catch, and he has been pretty productive the past three seasons (800 yards & 8 TDs this season, 940 & 3 TDs last year, 600 yards & 6TDs before that). He's only going to be 25 in May, so he's got experience plus upside.

Tim Barnes - C - Rams

IMO this could be a great FA signing for us. He'll likely be far cheaper than guys like Mack, Wisniewski, or Jones & he is a perfect fit for a ZBS. Plus he has a lot of experience snapping in shotgun, so no more errant snaps up above Ryan's ears. He'll be 28 in May, so he's likely got a number of solid years left in the tank as well.

Ladarius Green - TE - Chargers

Green has the outstanding speed, size, strength, and athletic ability to stretch the field as a TE. He's got good hands & great ball skills. Knows how to box out (similar to the way TG did) & he fights for the ball, which is particularly helpful in the red zone where his height & leaping ability already give him a huge advantage. He also provides value as a blocker & I feel like he'd be awesome paired with Tamme in 2-TE sets.

Johnson Bademosi - CB - Browns

Johnson can play CB or FS & has the size (6'0" 200lb), speed (4.35 40) & athleticism (40' vert) to be a contributor at either position & on ST. He has an incredible work ethic & is a high-character player. He will be just 26 in July & still has upside. If nothing else, he's a solid replacement for Phillip Adams, but he has the potential to blossom into something more.

Tyvon Branch - SS - Chiefs

Branch was showing signs of being one of the better SS in the NFL during his time w/ the Raiders a few years ago. Injuries cost him most of two seasons & he was let go. He spent this past season in a backup role with KC. He has incredible speed (4.31 40) & is a smart player (made all the calls for the secondary in college). He's fierce in run support & not afraid to get dirty. He also has the coverage skills to fill in at either safety spot or even CB.

Tim Barnes - C - Rams

IMO this could be a great FA signing for us. He'll likely be far cheaper than guys like Mack, Wisniewski, or Jones & he is a perfect fit for a ZBS. Plus he has a lot of experience snapping in shotgun, so no more errant snaps up above Ryan's ears. He'll be 28 in May, so he's likely got a number of solid years left in the tank as well.

Ladarius Green - TE - Chargers

Green has the outstanding speed, size, strength, and athletic ability to stretch the field as a TE. He's got good hands & great ball skills. Knows how to box out (similar to the way TG did) & he fights for the ball, which is particularly helpful in the red zone where his height & leaping ability already give him a huge advantage. He also provides value as a blocker & I feel like he'd be awesome paired with Tamme in 2-TE sets.

Johnson Bademosi - CB - Browns

Johnson can play CB or FS & has the size (6'0" 200lb), speed (4.35 40) & athleticism (40' vert) to be a contributor at either position & on ST. He has an incredible work ethic & is a high-character player. He will be just 26 in July & still has upside. If nothing else, he's a solid replacement for Phillip Adams, but he has the potential to blossom into something more.

Tyvon Branch - SS - Chiefs

Branch was showing signs of being one of the better SS in the NFL during his time w/ the Raiders a few years ago. Injuries cost him most of two seasons & he was let go. He spent this past season in a backup role with KC. He has incredible speed (4.31 40) & is a smart player (made all the calls for the secondary in college). He's fierce in run support & not afraid to get dirty. He also has the coverage skills to fill in at either safety spot or even CB.

Don't mind Barnes too much and Bademosi either. Don't think Green will be a FA though, Chargers are going to need to replace Gates, who will probably retire by next offseason. Not that fond of Branch. He seems to have slowed down, which is understandable, but he seems a lot slower than a 4.3 at this point. From watching a few Chiefs games this past season he didn't do anything impressive and got beat. Ishmael and him are nearly identical players at this point, and I'd Ishmael's playmaking ability over Branch. Edited by Atlantafan21

I was HUGE on TruJo coming out of college. He, Trufant, and Alf would be an incredible secondary, although it would all but promise Alf's last year as a Falcon.

How was his coverage? I know his INTs look nice, but as shown through Marcus Peters, INTs aren't everything. If he did well in coverage I'd like him. But if he was good, he wouldn't come cheap, although I believe he played as a nickel back for the rams.

He has hands that make Hankerson look like Jerry Rice catching the ball. Just another tease.

Um... nope, nah, no way. Please don't make up some BS, man.

This season Randle's drop percentage was just 3.3% (and is just 4.47% for his career)

Hankerson was a whopping 13% (8.3% for his career)

For comparison:

Julio was at 3%

Roddy was 4.3%

Hardy was 8.3%

Williams was 8%

Freeman was 7.2%

Tamme was 1.2%

Don't mind Barnes too much and Bademosi either. Don't think Green will be a FA though, Chargers are going to need to replace Gates, who will probably retire by next offseason. Not that fond of Branch. He seems to have slowed down, which is understandable, but he seems a lot slower than a 4.3 at this point. From watching a few Chiefs games this past season he didn't do anything impressive and got beat. Ishmael and him are nearly identical players at this point, and I'd Ishmael's playmaking ability over Branch.

I'd like Branch as depth more than anything. Ideally, we'd land a starting SS in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

As for his play this year, he did miss all but 5 games in the two seasons prior to this one & was on the bench for most of this year, so I'd imagine he had quite a few cobwebs to knock off. Not saying he's ever gonna be what he was with Oakland again, but if 100% healthy & confident, I'd take him over Godfrey or Ish as a backup & possible mentor to a rookie SS.

I'd like Branch as depth more than anything. Ideally, we'd land a starting SS in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

As for his play this year, he did miss all but 5 games in the two seasons prior to this one & was on the bench for most of this year, so I'd imagine he had quite a few cobwebs to knock off. Not saying he's ever gonna be what he was with Oakland again, but if 100% healthy & confident, I'd take him over Godfrey or Ish as a backup & possible mentor to a rookie SS.

Wouldn't mind him at all as a depth player and possible mentor to a young safety as he was one of the best SSs in the game at one time.

Tahir Whitehead ILB in Detroit

Bennie Fowler undrafted free agent WR in Denver. Made his way on to the 53 man roster this season and has continued to improve. He is still not close to reaching his ceiling but has shown improvement.

Edited by Sobeit