Terry Robiskie Hired As New Titans Oc

GrimeyKidd

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how you guys feel about our greenhorn McDaniel?

He better have the respect of our WR's or we need to look elsewhere.

If they look at him like, who da fk do you think you are, then this ain't gonna work.

He looks fairly young and spent 2014 with the Browns.

Mike-Mcdaniel-bio.jpg
MIKEMCDANIEL
OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT
BIOGRAPHY

McDaniel joins the Falcons as an offensive assistant after spending the 2014 season as the Cleveland Browns wide receivers coach. Under McDaniel’s guidance WR Andrew Hawkins posted career bests with 63 catches for 824 yards while adding two touchdowns. McDaniel also helped rookie WR Taylor Gabriel finish second on the team with 621 receiving yards on 36 catches. Prior to joining the staff in Cleveland, he spent three seasons with the Washington Redskins, starting as an offensive assistant (2011-12) before being promoted to wide receivers coach in 2013.

In his final season in Washington in 2013, McDaniel helped Pierre Garcon led the NFL and set a franchise record with 113 receptions. His total surpassed Hall of Famer Art Monk’s mark of 106, which stood for 29 years. From 2009-10, McDaniel coached the running backs for the Sacramento Mountain Lions (originally the California Redwoods) of the UFL where he helped RB Cory Ross earn UFL Offensive Player of the Year honors. Prior to Sacramento, he spent three seasons as an offensive assistant with the Houston Texans (2006-08). McDaniel got his start in coaching as an intern with the Denver Broncos in 2005. He is a native of Greeley, Colorado, and played collegiately at Yale.

I hope he works out but he resume is thin compared to Robiskie who coached Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen and was under John Madden and Shula.

Robiskie has learned from legends I think we will be Ok but he was a big asset for the organization.

Not sad to see him go. WR has been a sore spot in Atlanta for years. Bad route, dropped passes and just general discord. The only thing I'll miss about Robiske was his ability to calm down Julio and Roddy when things weren't going right and to keep their heads in the game.

I'm curious, what exactly are you credentials? Julio is one of the best route runners in the game.

Offensive line has been and still continues to be the main issue with the offense.

Do you really NEED a receiver coach? ...."Run the route, catch the ball, and try to score"....That's about as complicated as being a meteorologist in Fallujah.....'Today it'll be hotter n'ell, with lots of sunshine, oh, and probably some sand blowing around'. lol just kidding

It's still football but the pro game is a little more complicated.

The routes are dictated by the type of coverage and position of the defender.

The QB is reading the keys and the WR must read the same keys to break to the right location. With anything in life the more people you have around you that know what their doing and talking about the better especially when you have allot of different personalities.

If they look at him like, who da fk do you think you are, then this ain't gonna work.

Mike-Mcdaniel-bio.jpg

MIKEMCDANIEL

OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT

BIOGRAPHY

McDaniel joins the Falcons as an offensive assistant after spending the 2014 season as the Cleveland Browns wide receivers coach. Under McDaniel’s guidance WR Andrew Hawkins posted career bests with 63 catches for 824 yards while adding two touchdowns. McDaniel also helped rookie WR Taylor Gabriel finish second on the team with 621 receiving yards on 36 catches. Prior to joining the staff in Cleveland, he spent three seasons with the Washington Redskins, starting as an offensive assistant (2011-12) before being promoted to wide receivers coach in 2013.

In his final season in Washington in 2013, McDaniel helped Pierre Garcon led the NFL and set a franchise record with 113 receptions. His total surpassed Hall of Famer Art Monk’s mark of 106, which stood for 29 years. From 2009-10, McDaniel coached the running backs for the Sacramento Mountain Lions (originally the California Redwoods) of the UFL where he helped RB Cory Ross earn UFL Offensive Player of the Year honors. Prior to Sacramento, he spent three seasons as an offensive assistant with the Houston Texans (2006-08). McDaniel got his start in coaching as an intern with the Denver Broncos in 2005. He is a native of Greeley, Colorado, and played collegiately at Yale.

He's a Shanahan disciple. I don't expect much.

This is strange. How much control will Robiskie have of the offense? Looks like Terry is being brought in to coach Malarkey's game plan. I guess that shows you what Malarkey sees in TR as a players coach. Maybe they hope to put an emphasis on coaching up their WRS, which I'd important for a young Qb. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out...

It'll also be strange seeing Mike Smith as a defensive coordinator again. He hasn't had that role in over 6 years, and Atlanta's defense in Smitty's last couple years was dead last.

Mike-Mcdaniel-bio.jpg
MIKEMCDANIEL
OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT
BIOGRAPHY

He's never played WR in the league....

I'm now fully expecting our offense to get worse next season.

And Roddy is what now? 1 TD a year? 3 TDs would be a great year for him at this point. He does have one consistent stat about Roddy. DROPPPPPPPPPP vs the Saints. GTFO Roddy

I am so sick of this LOYALTY to crap talent bs, that NO wonder this team never gets better. Robieski probably would have been a GREAT option as OC when Quinn came in because he knows the players and Matt Ryan. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Got to go get Kyle Shanahan and run a COMPLETELY different offense that NO ONE is comfortable with.

GREAT GOING FALCONS. Way to do what is BEST for your team.

As I said.... high school and don't know much....

If you don't understand how Robiskie developed Roddy and Julio into the 2 best WRs this franchise has ever had..... what I am saying. Of course you don't.

Why am I even wasting my time. It's like trying to teach my dog how to drive

Expect Roddy White to be a Buc or a Titan next year.

Most likely Titans, and I am going to say its for a draft pick

Good lord I actually agree with you. No need for a hometown discount with as much comfort he'll find in Nashville. Robiskie, Harry Douglas, Mike Mularky offense, 4.5 hour drive back home, and nearly no income tax.. Titans it is.

Edited by cnst