• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Houston is only one player. I doubt his absence makes this much of a difference to where nobody else on the Chiefs can get pressure and guys like Eric Berry are getting absolutely faked out by Brady.

Justin Houston is a top 3 pass rusher. He isn't just another guy. He is a gamechanger. Houston helps other players get pressure cause he gets most of the focus. Cant believe i have to explain that

Justin Houston is a top 3 pass rusher. He isn't just another guy. He is a gamechanger. Houston helps other players get pressure cause he gets most of the focus. Cant believe i have to explain that

What about Eric Berry, Johnson, Hail, Poe, ect.? He's not the only player the Chiefs have on defense that is great. Sure he's everything you said he is but even without him when you have other great players on defense you should still be able to at least slow down the Patriots.

What about Eric Berry, Johnson, Hail, Poe, ect.? He's not the only player the Chiefs have on defense that is great. Sure he's everything you said he is but even without him when you have other great players on defense you should still be able to at least slow down the Patriots.

Houston makes all those players jobs easier. When he isn't healthy their jobs become harder

If I were a coach I would always go for it on 4th down and 3 or less when across the 50. I just don't see the point in punting there. To me its a chicken **** call. We just saw it again in the Chiefs/Patriots game. Reid punts, his defense gets a 3-and-out and on the punt return the Chiefs gained about 5 whole yards of field position by punting. OH WOW!!! A WHOLE 5 YARDS!! GOOD GRIEF!!! Then the idiot Reid passes on a 50 something yard FG attempt just to punt again, this time from inside the 40! What a freaking *****!!

Gregg Easterbrook used to point that out all the time in his TMQ column on ESPN. A large percentage of the time the opposing team is right back where you punted from anyway in just a few plays. Better to go for it.

Andy Reid's coaching in this game has been truly horrible!!

Just posted this in the 'game' thread:

Not to mention whoever is calling the plays. First and goal with over 2 minutes left, and instead of throwing the ball into the end zone on every play so it's either a TD or you stop the clock, they run it. Then don't get another play off before the 2 minute warning. They lost about 3-5 plays during that series they could have run if not due to play calling and clock management. It was horrible.

Gregg Easterbrook used to point that out all the time in his TMQ column on ESPN. A large percentage of the time the opposing team is right back where you punted from anyway in just a few plays. Better to go for it.

Exactly. I remember one time Smitty did that and it pissed me off so bad. First play for the other team and they were already past where they would have had the ball had the Falcons gone for it and failed.