This Board Use To Be Great.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

I've been on these boards since 2001 and it's honestly been the exact same thing. You have negative irrational people, homers in denial, and people who are flat out disrespectful when someone disagrees. It might have been worse back then actually. Vick was the main talk virtially thread.

Yeah overall the Buc fans weren't that bad.

I still remember after the Bucs fans showed up we played the Eagles and that week their fans came to the boards... To this day I have never seen so many trolls.

It was like walking into a room infested with cockroaches and its so bad they're not even hiding anymore.

It was so bad that I think they played the Bucs after us and even the Bucs fans came to the board complaining how bad they were.

ok we expect it from the taints fans, so I won't include them, but I agree with you. Some of the worst were eagle fans, but I mean what do you expect from a bunch of people who boo santa claus.

We had a few vikings fans once a few years back that were pretty obnoxious too if memory serves me right. I remember it surprised me at the time

No joke on Philly. When they came around back then, it was like the plague of locusts.

Who was that guy? McPhil or something like that? Can't remember exactly. My memory sucks these days, lol

Edited. I meant McPhil.

yeah I remember phil, he had a couple of different names too, though for now they escape me (goody goody, lol)

Let me get this straight, I ask a question about the Falcons in "Talk about the Falcons" during the regular season and my post get's Zapped. And this person comes on here to complain and throw off on the ENTIRE FORUMS more or less, and gets a pass.

I guess my Post was Talking ABOUT THE FALCONS a bit too much and someone didn't have the gumption to deal with their own issues because they perceived my subject was too much for them at the time "DURING THE REGULAR SEASON"........

Just saying, Forums have become another marketing form and a BRAND for making money it seems for outsiders and insiders, people are posting selling things for friends in supposed need and stuff like that.

What the H@LL ever happened to just "Talking about the Falcons" playing FOOTBALL?

Either way, I'm not ranting, just stating a few facts here. Probably get banned for mentioning my post being ZAPPED, but it was about an HONEST QUESTION ABOUT THE FALCONS TEAM and at the time might have hurt someones feelings I guess, A Mod perhaps......

Either way. I'm still gonna root for the Falcons, and I have no problem with anyone's post, I do have a problem with seeing a post like this during the NOW OFFSEASON when I had a post somewhat along the same lines that was removed and denied being here...................

No doubt, You don't have a VOICE WHEN IT MATTERS is my entire point, after the fact it's fine to share your feelings.............

I mean no offense man, but your question and thread weren't as as powerful as you seem to be thinking they were. The only reaso. Threads like that get zapped is because very sadly people start arguing like preteens playing XBox. We honestly don't care who you guys like or don't like. We only care about how you go about saying and in most cars like this it's some chumps who ruin it for everyone.

yeah I remember phil, he had a couple of different names too, though for now they escape me (goody goody, lol)

True. There are times I look forward to senility. Aside from forgetting people, I can eat food from a blender and my full attention can be devoted to telling kids to stay off my lawn!

If someone agrees with all of your opinions, are they not essentially you? Your opinions are your greatest form of distinction even greater than your physical appearance.

There may be 30% of this board that thinks Ryan is the greatest problem for the Falcons right now and 30% who thinks it is Shanahan (and 40% something else), but the odds are as great as winning Powerball that two would agree exactly on every Falcons topic from who we should draft next year to who we should pursue in FA to whether firing Smith was a good idea to if games are rigged or not to whatever.

That is what makes this board so good to visit (but not live on).

True. There are times I look forward to senility. Aside from forgetting people, I can eat food from a blender and my full attention can be devoted to telling kids to stay off my lawn!

Don't forget stealing batteries with impunity.

On this board thing... I've been doing message boards since they became a thing. It sounds like this one has followed the same progression as almost every public message board ever created

during the entire history of the interwebs.

Just my opinion.

Don't forget stealing batteries with impunity.

On this board thing... I've been doing message boards since they became a thing. It sounds like this one has followed the same progression as almost every public message board ever created

during the entire history of the interwebs.

Just my opinion.

Yep, entropy is bish, lol. I guess they're like tiny civilizations that decay over time.

Back in the day it was all sunshine and kittens. Then we saw less posting by the old timers (Tandy, BC Eagle, Grits, and whatever happened to the dude that always ran contests?) and the look alike threads faded.

Well kids, its up to you to make this place great

BC Eagle is an "old timer"? I remember her first post here saying she was a new fan since she went to BC and followed Matt Ryan

Board looks fine to me now that they have banned so many psychopathic trolls. But this is the internet, and many people subscribe to that whole anonymity culture that allows the abandonment of good manners.

Furthermore, as an old man. I can tell you that our society as a whole is lacking manners and good taste in general. The board sometimes reflects this quite vividly.

bahahahaha I didn't realize you knew me in real life too!

I've been called "Mr Wilson" a few times. When I blew out my back the last time, lost my job and about lost everything a few years back, we had to rent a house in town for a while. In a subdivision, and the neighbors kids would go through the yard all the time. I didn't mind them going through the yard, but they didn't have to walk right next to my house and look in the windows as they did!

as for senility and forgetting things, I'm almost to the point I could plan my own surprise party, and next time I get pulled over for speeding I'm just gonna tell the cop I have to drive fast to get there before I forget where I'm going laugh.pnglaugh.png

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

There have always been strong opinions here & there always will be. People do need to respect that there are other opinions out there & that level of respect has seemed to diminish over the years (or maybe I'm just getting older).

I think the real turning point though was when the Falcons organization decided to step back from moderating this board & instead appointed fan moderators. This isn't a shot at the original mods or the ones here today, they do the best job they can, and I know its a tough job that they are doing. But they are not going to get the same respect that a moderator who works for the organization would get and more of the trollish personalities start to appear & that's when we see what you've described.

I think this is still a wonderful place to learn about our team and deepen our understanding of our organization. Plus it's fun to come here for our football fix. It's in our DNA.

Lets always protect it's integrity. The boards are what we make of it. It's a place of free opinion indeed. But for me, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's open range for agenda driven trolling.

You may disagree but I am a proponent of collective responsibility for the good of all. If we each do our part to call out those who are attempting to hijack threads or superimpose their agenda on everyone, then perhaps we can voice our displeasure. Differences of opinion are one thing, deceitful trolling is quite another.

When things become so derisive, then I feel it actually keeps newcomers away. I for one enjoy coming here. It should be a fun place imo.