This Board Use To Be Great.

kelvin31063

Let me get this straight, I ask a question about the Falcons in "Talk about the Falcons" during the regular season and my post get's Zapped. And this person comes on here to complain and throw off on the ENTIRE FORUMS more or less, and gets a pass.

I guess my Post was Talking ABOUT THE FALCONS a bit too much and someone didn't have the gumption to deal with their own issues because they perceived my subject was too much for them at the time "DURING THE REGULAR SEASON"........

Just saying, Forums have become another marketing form and a BRAND for making money it seems for outsiders and insiders, people are posting selling things for friends in supposed need and stuff like that.

What the H@LL ever happened to just "Talking about the Falcons" playing FOOTBALL?

Either way, I'm not ranting, just stating a few facts here. Probably get banned for mentioning my post being ZAPPED, but it was about an HONEST QUESTION ABOUT THE FALCONS TEAM and at the time might have hurt someones feelings I guess, A Mod perhaps......

Either way. I'm still gonna root for the Falcons, and I have no problem with anyone's post, I do have a problem with seeing a post like this during the NOW OFFSEASON when I had a post somewhat along the same lines that was removed and denied being here...................

No doubt, You don't have a VOICE WHEN IT MATTERS is my entire point, after the fact it's fine to share your feelings.............

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

Go to bed

Mods did a great job by putting an end to those trolls who hijacked the entire board with their nonsense. It had become a communist prison camp here and was severely damaging the product of our message board.

There are still semi-trolls who turn everything into an anti-ryan or anti-td slant but at least there is an element of merit to it and it isn't nearly to the level that swift and company had managed to ruin things.

I stay here because there are some really knowledgeable posters who, even if I disagree to an extent, at least offer tremendous insight and compelling dialogue. I pick and choose my disagreements with those who are simply trolling and trying to stir chit up with agenda driven nonsense.

I commend the mods also for having to deal professionally with immature, entitled, whiny babies. Man, that would be unbearable to have to deal with.

Which of your threads was zapped? To be honest, I considered moving this one, but it's the offseason and I don't want the "my thread was moved because the mods hate me" follow up.

It matters not now, the thing is, it was a moment of opinion in time, after the fact means nothing, my point is free opinions or speech apparently is not welcomed on these forums at least considering the content at the time "WHICH WAS 100% ALL ABOUT FALCONS FOOTBALL".

Your an Admin, you have access to those things, why ask? Is that an attempt to try and say : "Well this that and the other whatever?".

Look I'm not knocking the admins, or anyone here, I'm just saying, if your going to script a value point when it comes to allowable post, then at least set some guide lines and STICK BY THEM.

It matters not now, the thing is, it was a moment of opinion in time, after the fact means nothing, my point is free opinions or speech apparently is not welcomed on these forums at least considering the content at the time "WHICH WAS 100% ALL ABOUT FALCONS FOOTBALL".

Your an Admin, you have access to those things, why ask? Is that an attempt to try and say : "Well this that and the other whatever?".

Look I'm not knocking the admins, or anyone here, I'm just saying, if your going to script a value point when it comes to allowable post, then at least set some guide lines and STICK BY THEM.

I call BS. Free opinions or speech not welcomed. What a dam joke... jmo LOL

Yeah, a lot of that rings very true, though Johnny buc was funny , lol.

I love the last sentence about numbers of mods. That's so typical of a Blank entity. He can never have too many buffering layers of bureaucracy between him and the folks.

Yeah overall the Buc fans weren't that bad.

I still remember after the Bucs fans showed up we played the Eagles and that week their fans came to the boards... To this day I have never seen so many trolls.

It was like walking into a room infested with cockroaches and its so bad they're not even hiding anymore.

It was so bad that I think they played the Bucs after us and even the Bucs fans came to the board complaining how bad they were.

I still remember after the Bucs fans showed up we played the Eagles and that week their fans came to the boards... To this day I have never seen so many trolls.

It was like walking into a room infested with cockroaches and its so bad they're not even hiding anymore.

It was so bad that I think they played the Bucs after us and even the Bucs fans came to the board complaining how bad they were.

I love mixing it up with the rival fans man. Them buc guys were actually pretty cool back then...johnny buc etc... The aint trolls were sour milk oozing out of a dumpster in the summertime however...

I personally think that the purpose of the message board is for fans to express their opinions on the team, and give other Falcon fans the option to agree, disagree, or give their own opinion on the same topic. If we all got butt hurt over people disagreeing with our opinions here then, no one would post anything for others to see, and there wouldn't even be a "Falcons Life Message Board" at all. I personally don't know anybody on this board and could care less if they agree with me or not, but I still value the opinions of other Falcon fans. Sometimes, I'm wrong and the person disagreeing with me is right, and sometimes even though I don't agree it's just downright entertaining. Plus, even if you don't understand that, we're here to talk football, no one cares about the next man's feelings during a football conversation. You shouldn't either.

Honestly, I think a lot of people are just sick of losing and it makes the board get tense. I mean, even if the steelers lose this week at least they can say they have super bowls. Some of us thought we would see one in our lifetime at least. Looks like it may not ever happen.

I agree with Thanatos, i have been here since the beginning as well and once the Vick thing hit it became a circus here.

I do miss seeing Shiney Mcshine and his no pants days...wait that's not how that was supposed to have sounded.

Then there was daddyknowsbest, and the man everyone loved to hate,falconmania. good times I tell ya

It seemed like everything was loose and fun before the membership started growing. Back then guys were just glad to have a place to talk about the team.

No joke on Philly. When they came around back then, it was like the plague of locusts.

Who was that guy? McPhil or something like that? Can't remember exactly. My memory sucks these days, lol

Edited. I meant McPhil.

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

This board is usually great when there is somthing to talk about. What do Falcons fans have to talk about right now, except what went wrong? This board is not a place to come for social interaction, especially when the season is over. When experts are needed this place has plenty and good ones at that, what more could you ask for from a fan forum.

I've looked through every thread that has been deleted or hid for the last six months and I'm not seeing anything from you. Was it possibly merged? Was it made during a game maybe?

I was making a joke Jeff Dunham.

Also, your sig image is above the maximum limit.

If you listen closely, you'll hear me not caring. It's only been there for over a decade. But hey, if it makes you feel like a big man, you go ahead and remove it.

I'm sure everyone will be thoroughly impressed...

I've been on these Falcon message boards from the start. I really think the downturn started when the Vick fans started hanging around here. Not Falcon fans, mind you, but guys who just latched onto his superstar status.

As soon as he was gone, their lack of real connection to this team surfaced, and they just began trashing everything and everybody here. Now, many have moved on, but their negative impact on discourse around here will likely never go away entirely.

We aren't used to this phenomenon here in Georgia, but I'm sure teams who had, then didn't have superstars like Shaq, that person in Cleveland, Countless Yankee players, etc., encounter this regularly.

Plus, in the 21st century, we have people raised by people who never had any respect for anybody. My social commentary, lol.

Original member myself. It was different back then, social media was just in it's infancy. The more social media took over peoples lives the more disdain manifested on the boards. It is what it is now. I do not let it get to me one way or the other. People can say whatever they want withing the COC and you can choose to agree/disagree with them or just ignore them. What is the big deal really?

Original member myself. It was different back then, social media was just in it's infancy. The more social media took over peoples lives the more disdain manifested on the boards. It is what it is now. I do not let it get to me one way or the other. People can say whatever they want withing the COC and you can choose to agree/disagree with them or just ignore them. What is the big deal really?

I agree. The level of geek-dom was much higher back then, lol. You had to actually be a little savvy to be on social media.

Nowadays, you almost have to be just as savvy to avoid it, and the crazy ratio has gotten out of hand.

That joke is still in midair it went over your head so high. The only painfully average president I'll remove from somebody's signature is Chester Arthur. Screw that guy and his stupid beard.

In all honesty, I care about your oversized sig almost as much as I care about people complaining about Matt Ryan. Sig away my friend.

Mhmm...