This Board Use To Be Great.

kelvin31063

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm,

I've typed out 3 repsonses and then backed them all out, but with 270 posts in 11 years you're not what a lot of us would consider regular anyway. I suppose you lurk a lot and are just disenchanted with the way people express their different opinions. If you think it's gotten worse, with a major "cleansing" having been done not all that long ago, then you really missed out bad it was before the worst of the worst were expelled.

The mods we have now, are, for now, doing a really good job trying to keep that crud out. If you can't handle it now, you're most likely correct in thinking you need to back out and stay away.

and to end this with a typical Forrest Gump quote "that's all I"m gonna say about that" smile.png

Its indicitive of this board and all of the internet. I gets worse over time anywhere you are and it will continue to get worse as younger generations who are used to this perpetuate it.

As far as these boards go. It really was a good place to have a discussion up until Ryan came honestly. I've been here since the boards started, and on the old boards before that, and there was a definite sharp decline in quality in the last 5-6 years. I've still been here every single day since these boards started, but I rarely find anything worth discussing.

There were always trolls, but '08, '09, '10 it really got out of hand, people either just trying to be an arse, or think they are an edgy contrarian like gd Colin Cowherd or something. I'll always visit the boards (and probably daily) as long as its around, but 90% of the discussions here are garbage.

This board was a great place to interact with other fans at least from the time I've been a member (2005- pres). I am confident in saying it was one of the top message boards for any NFL team. It really is now the last site I click on when I am surfing the web leisurely and often times I don't. Of course, no one will miss me if I don't continue to come here but this post isn't about gaining sympathy or anything to that matter because I won't miss what this board has become either. Ever since the FANS had legitimate and justifiable strong critiques of Ryan's place it has become a place where people are extremely disrespectful and often all others trolls for their remarks. I find it hard to believe many of you would say the things you say on here in person to another fan in person. This isn't a place to be an internet thug as I don't exchange in that kind of dialogue. However, I will kindly let you know the next time I attend a Falcons game or stadium viewing and we could continue our conversation there. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they see weaknesses that you don't see that may or may not be accurate. Get a life, there are more opinions than the ones you make.

This place has always been disrespectful.You have to understand that there are a lot of people on here that are just full of their self's

and don't believe anyone else could be right but them. I imagine that a lot of them are kids.

I've been on these Falcon message boards from the start. I really think the downturn started when the Vick fans started hanging around here. Not Falcon fans, mind you, but guys who just latched onto his superstar status.

As soon as he was gone, their lack of real connection to this team surfaced, and they just began trashing everything and everybody here. Now, many have moved on, but their negative impact on discourse around here will likely never go away entirely.

We aren't used to this phenomenon here in Georgia, but I'm sure teams who had, then didn't have superstars like Shaq, that person in Cleveland, Countless Yankee players, etc., encounter this regularly.

Plus, in the 21st century, we have people raised by people who never had any respect for anybody. My social commentary, lol.

I don't think you've been here that long if you don't remember the Brooking days, Dunn/Duckett days or the "YKW" days.

There was a time you were labeled a racist for criticizing the QB. That is about as pathetic as it can become.

Ummm, welcome to the Internet dude.

^This.

Unfortunately, we can't bubble wrap your internet feelings so they don't get hurt.

I've been on these Falcon message boards from the start. I really think the downturn started when the Vick fans started hanging around here. Not Falcon fans, mind you, but guys who just latched onto his superstar status.

As soon as he was gone, their lack of real connection to this team surfaced, and they just began trashing everything and everybody here. Now, many have moved on, but their negative impact on discourse around here will likely never go away entirely.

We aren't used to this phenomenon here in Georgia, but I'm sure teams who had, then didn't have superstars like Shaq, that person in Cleveland, Countless Yankee players, etc., encounter this regularly.

Plus, in the 21st century, we have people raised by people who never had any respect for anybody. My social commentary, lol.

There was always and complaining on the boards before Vick but they reached a whole new level when he was drafted but at first most liked him.

Then we joined the NFC South and then the Tampa fans like BucMan and Johnny Buc showed up when Tampa was in its prime... which wasn't fun.

Then the Mora years happened and questions began to rise about Vick, his work ethic, and various reports about different things like the watch at the airport and the water bottle thing.

By then it was mainly 2 types of people. Vick supporters and Vick haters and this was before 2007. After that it was mostly hate for Vick.

Then we drafted Ryan and surprise it's the same thing: haters and supporters.

Over the years things really haven't changed it just the people being complained about... Reeves, Mora, Petrino, Smith, etc.... McKay, TD... Vick, Ryan, etc. Much like posts during free agency and pre-season it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over....

The main difference is there are more mods now.

You think this is bad, many upgrades ago people referred to our QB as Pookie!

Ryan has received heavy criticism lately and some have defended him blindly but I have not seen comments referring to him as a monkey or jokes about his inability to read defenses which were common when we had a black QB.

Ryan attacks are usually focused around the disagreement about whether Matt Ryan is capable of taking this team to the next level. At least people acknowledge he is a QB which is progress.

Edited by insight

There was always and complaining on the boards before Vick but they reached a whole new level when he was drafted but at first most liked him.

Then we joined the NFC South and then the Tampa fans like BucMan and Johnny Buc showed up when Tampa was in its prime... which wasn't fun.

Then the Mora years happened and questions began to rise about Vick, his work ethic, and various reports about different things like the watch at the airport and the water bottle thing.

By then it was mainly 2 types of people. Vick supporters and Vick haters and this was before 2007. After that it was mostly hate for Vick.

Then we drafted Ryan and surprise it's the same thing: haters and supporters.

Over the years things really haven't changed it just the people being complained about... Reeves, Mora, Petrino, Smith, etc.... McKay, TD... Vick, Ryan, etc. Much like posts during free agency and pre-season it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over....

The main difference is there are more mods now.

Yeah, a lot of that rings very true, though Johnny buc was funny , lol.

I love the last sentence about numbers of mods. That's so typical of a Blank entity. He can never have too many buffering layers of bureaucracy between him and the folks.

Yeah, a lot of that rings very true, though Johnny buc was funny , lol.

I love the last sentence about numbers of mods. That's so typical of a Blank entity. He can never have too many buffering layers of bureaucracy between him and the folks.

You really believe that the mods on this board are Blank's "buffering layer of bureaucracy? "