January 2016 Uga Recruiting Thread "#kirbystrong"

SacFalcFan

I really think Mecole is a Dawg. And I think he decided the weekend Eason came for his official. I didn't see where he made the comment but others have brought up that he said he would commit silently and then basically have fun.

I am really hoping to get some good news on DRob. There is so much "meh" with his recruitment, it's hard to tell one way or another. Some trustworthy guys are pretty adamant that he will be in Athens though... guess we'll see soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we land Mack Wilson and Ben Davis... I'll be ecstatic.

I'd be sick if Bama gets both :/.

What's it looking like fellas? How many 5 stars do you think we end up with?

Most believe Davis is Bama bound. If he makes a middle of the week visit, then all bets are off. Wilson on the other hand could be leaning UGA, especially now.

I really think Mecole is a Dawg. And I think he decided the weekend Eason came for his official. I didn't see where he made the comment but others have brought up that he said he would commit silently and then basically have fun.

I am really hoping to get some good news on DRob. There is so much "meh" with his recruitment, it's hard to tell one way or another. Some trustworthy guys are pretty adamant that he will be in Athens though... guess we'll see soon.

Mecole has been a silent most if not all fall. August 1st is the day, after that all he has done is deny and started playing the game more. With that said, all commits had to make another decision again once their coaches were let go. Think he is a dawg, he is on campus more than some students, but never count out Pruitt, where do you think he learned the tricks of his trade? He will recruit even better at Bama.

Mecole has been a silent most if not all fall. August 1st is the day, after that all he has done is deny and started playing the game more. With that said, all commits had to make another decision again once their coaches were let go. Think he is a dawg, he is on campus more than some students, but never count out Pruitt, where do you think he learned the tricks of his trade? He will recruit even better at Bama.

You could be right, guess I'm basing it more on the coaching change. Some have said he's doing the same thing Ben Davis is, in naming a leader that they're probably not going to. Mecole has a great relationship with Pruitt, Davis has a great relationship with Kirby. I can see the comparison, it makes sense. Want to believe we have a shot at Davis but I'm pretty sure we don't.

I honestly don't fear Pruitt will sway Hardman. As much as Mecole likes Athens and has relationships with the other guys in this class, built in large part over the time Pruitt recruited him to UGA... the same pitch at Bama isn't going to work as well and it's not like Pruitt can turn around and start trashing UGA with Mecole.

Bama definitely won't take much of a hit replacing Kirby with Pruitt when it comes to recruiting though. I just hope that Kirby creates a trend/environment in-state where the top talent WANTS to play at UGA. Won't happen with all of them, but if we could get more of them each cycle it would do wonders.

Sorry I guess I was partly responsible for the derailment. Just had no info and was hungry for something.

nothing to be sorry about.. i know i learned a lot regarding places to eat. however let's gets back to recruiting. i usually create an offseason thread so we can discuss non football stuff. it will get slow once nsd is overwith.

You could be right, guess I'm basing it more on the coaching change. Some have said he's doing the same thing Ben Davis is, in naming a leader that they're probably not going to. Mecole has a great relationship with Pruitt, Davis has a great relationship with Kirby. I can see the comparison, it makes sense. Want to believe we have a shot at Davis but I'm pretty sure we don't.

I honestly don't fear Pruitt will sway Hardman. As much as Mecole likes Athens and has relationships with the other guys in this class, built in large part over the time Pruitt recruited him to UGA... the same pitch at Bama isn't going to work as well and it's not like Pruitt can turn around and start trashing UGA with Mecole.

Bama definitely won't take much of a hit replacing Kirby with Pruitt when it comes to recruiting though. I just hope that Kirby creates a trend/environment in-state where the top talent WANTS to play at UGA. Won't happen with all of them, but if we could get more of them each cycle it would do wonders.

Hardman has been to Athens far far more than anyone realizes. He likes Pruitt but I think he likes Athens and UGA more.