This League Is Fixed

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many News outlets now that would break the story if the NFL was fixed. The NSA can't even keep its secrets and it has a lot more security and procedures than the NFL. Why would the league want the Panthers to be in the SB? It can't be because of the market or Cam Newton. The Feds take a dim view on bribery, game fixing, and conspiracy. Most clubs that consistently lose are poorly run and can be spotted a mile away by the average fan.

Why would a news network kill the golden goose by exposing it? Networks would lose millions. The information is available, but don't look for it to be told by the people that are making a living from it. Try any of these sources...

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B00KGMIW9S&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_iLuNwb0F9K6QW

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B00C4GTNJM&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_eSuNwb1BSD98V

Here's a very short article that should give you a taste...

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012/jul/04/citylights1-nfl-dirty-secret/#

This site has much more if you want to go down the rabbit hole...

http://thefixisin.net

Why would a news network kill the golden goose by exposing it? Networks would lose millions. The information is available, but don't look for it to be told by the people that are making a living from it. Try any of these sources...

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B00KGMIW9S&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_iLuNwb0F9K6QW

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B00C4GTNJM&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_eSuNwb1BSD98V

Here's a very short article that should give you a taste...

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012/jul/04/citylights1-nfl-dirty-secret/#

This site has much more if you want to go down the rabbit hole...

http://thefixisin.net

So, there are people charging money, to tell other people how another company is charging them money for a fixed "game"... Right...

Reality check, if any of this was provable, it wouldn't take a national news organization to cover it, it's called whistle blower status. And the person who could prove any of this is fixed would get that status and thus reap the rewards of every single class action lawsuit levied against each team by their STHs as well as the NFL (and/or all other sporting organizations) thus making that person instantly rich by an obscene margin. It would honestly pale in comparison to the $102M UBS payment that whistle blower got.

Edit: Actually lawsuits could be filed by anyone who had ever legally bet on a game, anyone who had ever bought a ticket to a game, anyone who watched a game on TV, etc. It would literally be the largest class action in the history of the world. And no one is stepping up to get all the money a whistler blower would get?

Edited by Leggggggo

If you truly believe that the NFL games are fixed, then why are you here? Why do you give even one second of your attention to the NFL? Why would you support, even by just giving attention, a fixed game? Doesn't make good sense on your part.

For this reason is why, at a VERY young age mind you, had NO INTEREST in Professional Wrestling and STOPPED watching Boxing as well.

Gentlemen, if I am right it will either be the Patriots vs Cardinals or the Broncos vs Panthers. I don't think it will be Patriots vs Panthers or Broncos vs Cardinals. All east coast or all west coast you lose the interest of half of the national market so the advertising will suffer costing the NFL a huge amount of money. If I am wrong I will step up and eat crow.

Gentlemen, if I am right it will either be the Patriots vs Cardinals or the Broncos vs Panthers. I don't think it will be Patriots vs Panthers or Broncos vs Cardinals. All east coast or all west coast you lose the interest of half of the national market so the advertising will suffer costing the NFL a huge amount of money. If I am wrong I will step up and eat crow.

How do past Super Bowls stack-up to this East/West Bowl concept?

(do not have the time right now to take a look)

If that's the case we would have never had the Patriots against the Giants, not once but twice. What about Giants vs. Ravens?

Oh and how about Rams vs. Titans? Oops. Doesn't fit the narrative either.

I did take a look, cannot see any east/west correlation year in and year out. It does seem to happen about every other year though.

2015 - Coast to Coast

2014 - ?

2013 - Coast to Coast & Brother vs Brother

2012 - ?

2011 - #1 and #2 most poppular NFL teams nationwide!

2010 - North/South

2009 - East/West & #1 most popular NFL team.

I did not go any further, but if there is a relationship to every other year, then there will not be a east/west or coast to coast SB this year. It will be Denver vs Arizona or NE vs Carolina.

I am fully convinced the NFL is fixed. Don't be naive, this is a Billion, with a B, billion dollar BUSINESS. Yes another B word, and like all business, they are there to make as much money as possible.

Do I find the nfl still entertaining? Of course, I love football. Always have and always will. But this isn't just football, it's an entertainment business.

How is it fixed? I believe the Refs who by salary make very little in terms of nfl revenue (around 100k a year on average). They are influenced with other income to make fixed calls to sway games how the nfl sees fit. The players are not in on it in my opinion, but I could be wrong. I think it's solely the owners, refs and commissioner that truly know.

Edited by Barry Allen

I am fully convinced the NFL is fixed. Don't be naive, this is a Billion, with a B, billion dollar BUSINESS. Yes another B word, and like all business, they are there to make as much money as possible.

Do I find the nfl still entertaining? Of course, I love football. Always have and always will. But this isn't just football, it's an entertainment business.

How is it fixed? I believe the Refs who by salary make very little in terms of nfl revenue (around 100k a year on average). They are influenced with other income to make fixed calls to sway games how the nfl sees fit. The players are not in on it in my opinion, but I could be wrong. I think it's solely the owners, refs and commissioner that truly know.

Even still. You can't account for natural mistakes by the players or the way the ball bounces on fumbles and other things. That's why I don't believe its fixed. You can't make the ball bounce a certain way so it goes out of bounds so it ends up being a turnover or not and therefore changing who wins the game or not. You can't account for natural mistakes by the players. They don't intentionally drop passes and throw blocks.

If the fix was in, why wasn't it Dallas instead of Green Bay in the playoffs the year before. Dallas has loads of fans Dez Bryant's non catch could have been ruled a catch and it would have raised less questions than the original call. Not to mention potential Dallas/Seattle Dallas/New England conference and super bowl championship. Just don't see a league sponsored fix. Could somebody get to a ref maybe, but as far as Goodell calling them and saying if you get the chance let Green Bay win, I seriously doubt it.

If the fix was in, why wasn't it Dallas instead of Green Bay in the playoffs the year before. Dallas has loads of fans Dez Bryant's non catch could have been ruled a catch and it would have raised less questions than the original call. Not to mention potential Dallas/Seattle Dallas/New England conference and super bowl championship. Just don't see a league sponsored fix. Could somebody get to a ref maybe, but as far as Goodell calling them and saying if you get the chance let Green Bay win, I seriously doubt it.

Like I pointed out earlier, if the fix was in we wouldn't have had the Rams vs. Titans in the Super Bowl that one time. The Falcons would have never made it. The Buccaneers would have never made it. The Panthers in 2003? Seattle in 2005? Arizona in 2008? Nope. None of that would have happened if these games are fixed.

Even still. You can't account for natural mistakes by the players or the way the ball bounces on fumbles and other things. That's why I don't believe its fixed. You can't make the ball bounce a certain way so it goes out of bounds so it ends up being a turnover or not and therefore changing who wins the game or not. You can't account for natural mistakes by the players. They don't intentionally drop passes and throw blocks.

In my theory that obviously can't be accounted for. The ball bouncing a certain way, that's just part of the game. No ref could skew that and I'm not gonna make some ignorant remark about a loaded football lol.

A ref can only do so much, without it being too blatant. Anyone remember the holding calls against us at the end of the game against Carolina? Or super bowl 40 with the steelers getting almost every call? (Which is another reason I think Seattle has had so much success, partly due because they were owed it for taking that loss in super bowl 40.) But that's a conversation for another time lol

Like I pointed out earlier, if the fix was in we wouldn't have had the Rams vs. Titans in the Super Bowl that one time. The Falcons would have never made it. The Buccaneers would have never made it. The Panthers in 2003? Seattle in 2005? Arizona in 2008? Nope. None of that would have happened if these games are fixed.

That would be to obvious. Small market teams with a devoted fan base still need some success to keep fans hooked for the possibility of success. It's fed to them in small portions but enough to keep them hungry and well still a fan. Edited by Barry Allen

In my theory that obviously can't be accounted for. The ball bouncing a certain way, that's just part of the game. No ref could skew that and I'm not gonna make some ignorant remark about a loaded football lol.

A ref can only do so much, without it being too blatant. Anyone remember the holding calls against us at the end of the game against Carolina? Or super bowl 40 with the steelers getting almost every call? (Which is another reason I think Seattle has had so much success, partly due because they were owed it for taking that loss in super bowl 40.) But that's a conversation for another time lol

Then your theory falls apart right there. The bounce of the ball and the players actually playing the game are the overriding factors in the outcomes of games and you yourself said you don't believe they are in on it. Officials in the NFL have the least amount of sway in the outcome of games in all of professional sports.

Baseball, there's always a constant debate about strike zones. Basketball, same deal with foul calls where you can literally take a super star player out of a game with a foul call. Football? Um, not so much.

You think think Seattle won the Super Bowl because they were owed? That's the reason Denver lost 43-8? The league office and the officials helped that along? You must not have watched the game.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

Then your theory falls apart right there. The bounce of the ball and the players actually playing the game are the overriding factors in the outcomes of games and you yourself said you don't believe they are in on it. Officials in the NFL have the least amount of sway in the outcome of games in all of professional sports.

Baseball, there's always a constant debate about strike zones. Basketball, same deal with foul calls where you can literally take a super star player out of a game with a foul call. Football? Um, not so much.

You think think Seattle won the Super Bowl because they were owed? That's the reason Denver lost 43-8? The league office and the officials helped that along? You must not have watched the game.

They still have a sway though, that I think is decietfully influenced. Some tiny examples include, ball placement, is it a first down or 4th and inches? Ignoring blatant holding or pass interference calls while making the call on the other team when it was similar or almost identical to what was just ignored. Most would blame this on the "human element" of officiating. But I'd disagree, it's intentionall, all of it is.

Ask yourself. In the last 5 years, even in just the last season. Did you see a game where you just felt like one team was getting all the right calls and the other not so much?

Also in regards to Seattle, I agree they dominanted that superbowl. And no amount of fixing would have helped Denver. But do I think the league wanted them to win, I do. And I think in general the league has been favorable towards them in the last few years.

Edited by Barry Allen

That would be to obvious. Small market teams with a devoted fan base still need some success to keep fans hooked for the possibility of success. It's fed to them in small portions but enough to keep them hungry and well still a fan.

Then why haven't the Bills made the playoffs since 1999? Why have the Rams gone 10 straight years without even posting a winning record and just been moved to LA? Why have the Bucs not had a winning season since 2010 and not made the playoffs since 2007? Why have the Jaguars not had a winning season since they last made the playoffs in 2007 and had just 3 winning seasons total in the last 16 years? Why was one of the most success teams of the 70s, 80s and 90s (Dolphins) had just 1 playoff appearance in the last 14 years? Why have the Titans had just 1 winning season since they last made the playoffs in 2008? Why have the Browns made the playoffs just once and posted just 2 winning seasons since coming back to the NFL in 1999? If you count the original Browns they've made the playoffs just twice since 1990 (23 years).

Then why haven't the Bills made the playoffs since 1999? Why have the Rams gone 10 straight years without even posting a winning record and just been moved to LA? Why have the Bucs not had a winning season since 2010 and not made the playoffs since 2007? Why have the Jaguars not had a winning season since they last made the playoffs in 2007 and had just 3 winning seasons total in the last 16 years? Why was one of the most success teams of the 70s, 80s and 90s (Dolphins) had just 1 playoff appearance in the last 14 years? Why have the Titans had just 1 winning season since they last made the playoffs in 2008? Why have the Browns made the playoffs just once and posted just 2 winning seasons since coming back to the NFL in 1999? If you count the original Browns they've made the playoffs just twice since 1990 (23 years).

Bills- I have unfortunately lived in buffalo my whole life. And being a Falcons fan I get to watch from a distance at how illogicaly enamored Bills fans are. They were given so much false hope in the early 90s, probably more than any other team in nfl history without a championship. I kid you not, every year Bills fans think this is their year. They will support that team no matter what, and "billeave" (that's seriously something they say, I can't make this stuff up lol).

Rams- Having 2 superbowl appearances in 3 years gave Rams fans a lot of devotion and hunger as a fan for many years after that. Do I think that ran out recently, yes. Possibly having a string of bad seasons would make the move back to LA even easier? Which we all know how been in discussion for years.

Bucs- A superbowl win in 02 definitely created a good sum of life long fans that have been and will continue to be devoted to that team. Similar to the Rams situation.

Dolphins- There is so many dolphins fans from there years of success, I would even compare them to the Cowboys. Why should the NFL grow a franchise and give them success after already creating so many life long fans. The last time the Cowboys were good, was when they needed to be good. The greatness from their 70s teams was long gone and the city of Dallas was in shambles in the late 80s. Not only did the Cowboys revitalize the city of Dallas but it created another generation of life long Dallas fans that are still going strong today (also sound familiar *cough* aints *cough*)

Browns- Similar to the Bills. Their fan base is illogicaly enamored in that franchise. They have so much devotion that they don't even need to be successful for their fans to be there every Sunday religiously.

Like I mentioned before the NFL is a business and by having success sputtered around at the right time it creates fans, which creates revenue. Think about it like this. The Falcons have been below average or average (.500) for 3 seasons now. Yet I paid $300 to directv to watch my team play every Sunday and take off of work accordingly to the Falcons schedule to make sure I can watch their games. For 3 years now I have been paying and spending my time on a product that's below average (besides sports what else could get away with that?!) But I'm hooked and a fan and will continue watching every game and every season hoping that we can get back to how we were in 2012.

I hope you guys read all that, sorry for the long response though haha!

Edited by Barry Allen

Edit: Actually lawsuits could be filed by anyone who had ever legally bet on a game, anyone who had ever bought a ticket to a game, anyone who watched a game on TV, etc. It would literally be the largest class action in the history of the world. And no one is stepping up to get all the money a whistler blower would get?

You are wrong. Similar law suits have already been filed by fans when the Patriots were found guilty of cheating spy gate. They wanted money and more back for their tickets to a game where one team was cheating. The judge however ruled in favor of the NFL, stating that when you buy a ticket, all you are purchasing is the right to that seat for that time period. You have no other guarantees from the NFL besides that seat for that time.

You could go read the nfl fine print when purchasing a ticket or you could read the summary the judge made by googling it

They still have a sway though, that I think is decietfully influenced. Some tiny examples include, ball placement, is it a first down or 4th and inches? Ignoring blatant holding or pass interference calls while making the call on the other team when it was similar or almost identical to what was just ignored. Most would blame this on the "human element" of officiating. But I'd disagree, it's intentionall, all of it is.

Ask yourself. In the last 5 years, even in just the last season. Did you see a game where you just felt like one team was getting all the right calls and the other not so much?

Also in regards to Seattle, I agree they dominanted that superbowl. And no amount of fixing would have helped Denver. But do I think the league wanted them to win, I do. And I think in general the league has been favorable towards them in the last few years.

Sway is too thin a thing to hang billions of dollars on worth of outcome on. It's either fixed or it isnt. If the NFL needs to have an outcome they would have to have more than the officials to guarantee it. There is just no way around it. There are too many variables involved in a football game that an outcome hangs on... the main variable being the players on the field.

So unless you are prepared to indict the players in your grand conspiracy then your theory just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.